• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
I felt the JB Sentral road is a tad longer but a more scenic drive?

Going past Shell station is a little stressful at times though. The distance should be shorter by my reckoning. :biggrin:

Yes that's correct to both the points. Seaside way brings back nice memories when it was the seaside with trees along the road. The Shell/EDL way need to get to the right most lane going towards DANGA as soon as you come out of the CIQ slip road. That way the traffic that is keeping to the left and trying to get to Shell/Tebrau slip road will not be a problem.

Last edited:

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems politics will always creep into this thread :biggrin: Which makes sense since it is the said policies/politics that made us take the plunge.

However, for whatever complains I have against the government, I have also to be thankful to them for the environment that sheltered me when growing up and providing the education and means to compete in the world today. Of course things can be better but that is why we have a choice every 5 years. Unfortunately, not enough people are willing to take that step into the unknown and go against the flow so all debate/arguments here are just academic :smile: Interesting to read though, it's too bad the powers-that-be don't see it.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes that's correct to both the points. Seaside way brings back nice memories when it was the seaside with trees along the road. The Shell/EDL way need to get to the right most lane going towards DANGA as soon as you come out of the CIQ slip road. That way the traffic that is keeping to the left and trying to get to Shell/Tebrau slip road will not be a problem.

Ahh.....i c i c......for me, I like to take the JB sentral road cos not much cars one, and its probably 2-3 mins drive to hit the coastal seaside rd.......

groovy73

Alfrescian
Loyal
wat are the big difference between a strata title development and those not strata title.... please do enlighten me.....

battleangel

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is very nice... restaurant, expensive clothing, expensive cars and holidays, materials etc are nothing as compared to natural happiness and simplicity..
Especial for the kids, the ability to run around freely is something quite amiss in Singapore.. Computer exposure is not ideal as well..
Your tree house and flying fox is what I did in my childhood built by myself and my neighbors... nothing can replace these...

Totally agree! All I want now is some private space with family, home cook food, homegrown herbs/fruits, spend time with kids and pets....I want my kids to grow up in nature settings, learning life skills, not spending their whole time playing iPad. I told my husband that I have to make sure my kids know how to at least cook simple meal like fried rice when they become teenager :p. I once knew a 20-year-old who didnt know how to boil water, let alone cook instant noodle.
I believe leading a simple life is happier and more content than a materially rich life.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kid asked me suddenly if my family car is really good.. because his classmate's dad is driving a ferrari..

I told my kid if we have money to buy Ferrari, we should donate the money to charity instead.. It seemed that the kids are having their pressure comparing whose's parents are richer...or who are going for better and more expensive tutors.

Totally agree! All I want now is some private space with family, home cook food, homegrown herbs/fruits, spend time with kids and pets....I want my kids to grow up in nature settings, learning life skills, not spending their whole time playing iPad. I told my husband that I have to make sure my kids know how to at least cook simple meal like fried rice when they become teenager :p. I once knew a 20-year-old who didnt know how to boil water, let alone cook instant noodle.
I believe leading a simple life is happier and more content than a materially rich life.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, living here is different from living in a concrete jungle. For those who loved wide open spaces, more natural environment, less crowded, and lower cost of living.
I have been staying here for close to a year and after this one year, my wife is also on board with me to come stay here and occasionally goes back to Singapore, having adjusted to the different environment.
For me, the relaxed lifestyle and lower cost is the factor for my move here. I am sorry but the way the Sg gov is taking money from us, it is time to think of alternative.
Here, a nice big freehold house cost me S$200k, a nice Harrier 240 cost me S$15K with no 10 years lifespan, I am sure I have some money for my retirement compared to still tied to the Sg system.
Obviously, here cannot be compared to Sg in term of security with lots of beautiful shopping malls. But what is the use of having all these but with no money when you stopped working.
Better to have the best of both worlds, earn S$ and spend M$, just that have to bear with some adjustments.
Hope to meet more from the Sg community here as well as already those from the EL community.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
wat are the big difference between a strata title development and those not strata title.... please do enlighten me.....

To summarise, strata title means you are a stakeholder in an overall master title. You cannot suka suka make changes to the facade, or surroundings without permission. Eg. you may not be allowed to paint your unit all black.

Individual titles mean you can do whatever you want to the land, including painting your unit all black. Pros of strata is that the overall development is neater. Downside is of cos the restrictions on facade etc. For instance, in 1 of Sutera's development that I viewed, you cant erect fencing or autogate around your house, as the developer wants an aussie feel living with no fences.....

EDTBA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kid asked me suddenly if my family car is really good.. because his classmate's dad is driving a ferrari..

I told my kid if we have money to buy Ferrari, we should donate the money to charity instead.. It seemed that the kids are having their pressure comparing whose's parents are richer...or who are going for better and more expensive tutors.

Next time, ask your kid if his school grades are better than his friend's. If they are, tell him a Ferrari cannot get his friend better grades and he should be proud. If your kid's grades are worse, tell him he better buck up and not concern himself with what his friend's dad is driving.

:-)

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today is my first visit to Johor Premium Outlet, so delighted to buy a pair of Nike running shoes at below Rm100.

a86f13b8.jpg

bf8a5235.jpg

67250413.jpg

See the durian stall? Mao Shan Wang asking price Rm20 per kilo.
4ab4a5c2.jpg

battleangel

Alfrescian
Loyal

When your kid old enough, ask your kid to name the world leaders and those with greatest minds on earth that are fondly remembered even they are no longer in this world - Einstein, Gandhi, Lincoln or even Steve Job; they are remembered because of their intelligent, courage, leadership, inspiring, determination and so forth. None of these people are are being remembered because they own a Ferrari or any of their material possession.

I hope my kids will love reading, so I will encourage them to read more biography as I feel there are no other ways to be exposed to the greatest minds of the world except through reading.

Bigfatfish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Irritating remarks, they are always skeptical, annoying!

Imagine the unimaginable prices if they r so eager. $$$ its a good thing to hold them off as long as possible. Just like ft who like sg so much hence the rise of prices. If people skeptic of sg prices wont rise so high n fast. Now facebook in sg superstars here n even oz richest here too. Siao liao lah.

Bigfatfish

Alfrescian
Loyal
When your kid old enough, ask your kid to name the world leaders and those with greatest minds on earth that are fondly remembered even they are no longer in this world - Einstein, Gandhi, Lincoln or even Steve Job; they are remembered because of their intelligent, courage, leadership, inspiring, determination and so forth. None of these people are are being remembered because they own a Ferrari or any of their material possession.

I hope my kids will love reading, so I will encourage them to read more biography as I feel there are no other ways to be exposed to the greatest minds of the world except through reading.

totally agree. I have frens who grew up very comfortably n go for great holidays however they have failed to bring with them the experience n culture of a country back with them. The experience that set one apart from others. Language food friendship which one can have for the rest of their lives.

I have been to france but have yet seen effiel tower, but i will always cherish the stories told by the people there. The great wine parties. The outdoors. The nights outs with locals, eating cheese n wine in the mountains. Getting help with makan n lodging when i was lost in a foreign land.

Its not the money n numbers n status but the knowledge n experience one carrys with in life.

Bigfatfish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Next time, ask your kid if his school grades are better than his friend's. If they are, tell him a Ferrari cannot get his friend better grades and he should be proud. If your kid's grades are worse, tell him he better buck up and not concern himself with what his friend's dad is driving.

:-)

ferrari so what but when ur wifey is preggy u with another girl showing off how fast ur car is and then BOoMz.¡

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
I want to complain. I was tax on my evian bottles about 60 of them. Why was evian bottles being tax??!!@!!@#@!@!#!#!@#!@#!@$!@#!@#!@#!@

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sanur said:
Hi,

I totally agree with you..due to my daughter PSLE episode, we have not been to my place, many tot we hv made a wrong choice of buying n leaving it empty, last week we went in to stay for a week, seeing my kids enjoying d tree house n doing up two tire swings, (each only rm1) it's just all worthwhile, told my hub, we saved on those package holidays which usually cost us more than 10k.
Friends commented too that we r turning our place into mini adventure park after we add in the flying fox, rope net climber n hopefully able to get someone to do van conversion to look like a parked caravan!

Sounds exciting. Would be nice if you could post some pics to give the forummers some ideas for their own :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.