• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Liverpool Supporters fall in here!!! Season 2008/09

lnchwmn4

Alfrescian
Loyal
haizzzz....xia suay xia suay, in games you have to win, how can give this kind of sub-standard performance? xia suay xia suay

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chaps,

Gutted man absolutely gutted...perhaps the Reds rich vein of form had to come to an end sooner or later but I did not think it would come so soon and in this sort of manner, at Anfield and in the CL of all tournaments where Liverpool have been pretty consistent...

Bitter irony is that unfortunately Liverpool seem to have turned into the Man U side that they oh so recently drubbed at Old Trafford and Chelsea turned into that dynamic marauding Reds team, at Anfield of all places and on a CL night no less...but gotta give credit where credit is due, Chelsea were by far the better team...and at 1-1 when Carragher saved Drogba's shot off the goal line I painfully realised that Liverpool were going to lose, in fact the scoreline could well have been worse...

What happened?...well it is obvious that Liverpool lost the game in the middle of the park...the return of Essien was key and Lampard and Ballack were hot on form, wiping the Reds out...it also shows how important Mascherano is to the Reds as Liverpool's equivalent of Essien/Makelele, his absence was badly missed...Lucas is just not good enough a replacement alternative...in fact I think Rafa made a mistake here and should have switched Stevie G to the other holding midfield position together with Alsonso and put Yossi in the middle in the earlier part of the match...more so since Stevie G seemed to be off colour in attack...

The other obvious problem is that the Reds have yet to solve the zonal defence marking issue that crops up every now and then when the opposing side has big strong players in the air...Liverpool's defence in such situations last night was simply diabolical and pathetic...

Where do Liverpool go from here?...well it is now time to separate the boys from the men and see whether the team has the resilience and resolve to put this bad defeat behind them and pick themselves up for the next BPL game against Rovers on Holy Sat...I believe they can do it...keep the faith lads...

As for the return leg at the Bridge, well I hope Liverpool just go for it and give it their best shot as they now have nothing to lose, 3 clear goals is difficult enough and to get 3 clear goals at the Bridge against a now inform Chelsea team shall be a monumental task (although hopefully the absence of the carded Terry shall help somewhat)...but heck the ball is round and it is a funny old game afterall...oh and it ain't all over till the fat lady sings...Istanbul 2005 chaps, Istanbul 2005...we just gotta believe, for better or for worse...come on you Reds:smile:

YNWA

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what are the odds??
i think they should forget about CL this year. they got more important fish to fry, like getting the league title.

you let chelsea go and fight it out with Man U until they collapse, while you get the league from them.
HA HA, that is a strategy. of course, hopefully man u win from porto for that to work.

Chaps,

Gutted man absolutely gutted...perhaps the Reds rich vein of form had to come to an end sooner or later but I did not think it would come so soon and in this sort of manner, at Anfield and in the CL of all tournaments where Liverpool have been pretty consistent...

Bitter irony is that unfortunately Liverpool seem to have turned into the Man U side that they oh so recently drubbed at Old Trafford and Chelsea turned into that dynamic marauding Reds team, at Anfield of all places and on a CL night no less...but gotta give credit where credit is due, Chelsea were by far the better team...and at 1-1 when Carragher saved Drogba's shot off the goal line I painfully realised that Liverpool were going to lose, in fact the scoreline could well have been worse...

What happened?...well it is obvious that Liverpool lost the game in the middle of the park...the return of Essien was key and Lampard and Ballack were hot on form, wiping the Reds out...it also shows how important Mascherano is to the Reds as Liverpool's equivalent of Essien/Makelele, his absence was badly missed...Lucas is just not good enough a replacement alternative...in fact I think Rafa made a mistake here and should have switched Stevie G to the other holding midfield position together with Alsonso and put Yossi in the middle in the earlier part of the match...more so since Stevie G seemed to be off colour in attack...

The other obvious problem is that the Reds have yet to solve the zonal defence marking issue that crops up every now and then when the opposing side has big strong players in the air...Liverpool's defence in such situations last night was simply diabolical and pathetic...

Where do Liverpool go from here?...well it is now time to separate the boys from the men and see whether the team has the resilience and resolve to put this bad defeat behind them and pick themselves up for the next BPL game against Rovers on Holy Sat...I believe they can do it...keep the faith lads...

As for the return leg at the Bridge, well I hope Liverpool just go for it and give it their best shot as they now have nothing to lose, 3 clear goals is difficult enough and to get 3 clear goals at the Bridge against a now inform Chelsea team shall be a monumental task (although hopefully the absence of the carded Terry shall help somewhat)...but heck the ball is round and it is a funny old game afterall...oh and it ain't all over till the fat lady sings...Istanbul 2005 chaps, Istanbul 2005...we just gotta believe, for better or for worse...come on you Reds:smile:

YNWA

Soul_Reaper

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think they should forget about CL this year.

Remember Istabul ? That year Liverpool also had to overcome 1st leg losses enroute to winning the European Cup :biggrin: ..... I would look upon this loss to Chelsea as an omen of history repeating itself :p ...... Liverpool are the comeback Kings and I strongly believe they will prevail again at Stamford Bridge next week...... as long as Lucas is not playing :p:smile::biggrin:...... that boy is jinxed :(

The Monkees

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro Soul,
will like to think it this way also.
but this round i do not think the Reds can do it again.
a very disappointed performance overall.

The MilkMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hicks' bricks need new cement mix

The debt laden edifice that is Tom Hicks’ sports franchise ‘empire’ is beginning to crumble. Reports in the Guardian and elsewhere indicate that that his US investment vehicle, Hicks Sporting Group (HSG), defaulted on loans which amount to £354m because he’s failing to keep up the interest payments. Hicks told the press:

"I am working closely with both leagues to find quality partners that share my long-term vision….. I will continue to fund the teams' operations. I am the largest creditor to HSG and need 51% of the banks to agree with my plan."

Sound familiar? It’s the usual bluster that everything’s fine & dandy, but the likely impact of Hick’s default may, according to Saturday’s Guardian:

“…have the damaging effect of shaking the confidence of Kop Holdings' two lenders, Royal Bank of Scotland, around 70% owned by the UK government, and the US finance house Wachovia. The club's £350.5m loan is not only secured against its own assets but also through letters of credit and personal guarantees from Hicks and Gillett, amounting to £185m.”

Clearly, increasing evidence that both Hicks & Gillet are suffering serious financial difficulties won’t shore up the banks’ confidence in their ability to successfully re-structure the LFC related debt in July.

Meanwhile, there are persistent rumours that the Kuwaiti guys are watching and waiting…..

ShareLiverpoolFC

good,very good.
the faster they go,the faster we can rebuild.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro Adidas,
not only we come back strong but a 4-0 victory without Gerrard.
still think we should just concentrate on the EPL and forgo the CL,since it maybe too much a score to overturn.

Himerus

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro CL and all Reds,

it took MU about 26 years in between their last EPL title in 1967 and 1993.
our last EPL title was in 1990,19 years.
so what if we cannot win it this year,we still have 7 more years to go before we reach 26.

Lion_Barbell

Alfrescian
Loyal
...... Liverpool are the comeback Kings and I strongly believe they will prevail again at Stamford Bridge next week...... as long as Lucas is not playing :p:smile::biggrin:...... that boy is jinxed :(

Watched the replay of this match today and was very disappointed with Lucas performance. Liverpool's midfield was over run because he played more like a chelsea player in a red shirt :(

There was no way that Alonso could win the midfield battle against Lampard, Ballack & Lucas :mad: It would be better for Liverpool to offload him (Lucas !) :wink:

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After Chelsea put 3 goals pass Liverpool
i thought Blackburn can also score one goal
so i bought 4-1.
If Bolton can score 3 goals against Chelsea,
Liverpool also can, but the defence must hold out.
24mrsw6.jpg

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chaps,

First of all what a BEAUTY by El Nino:smile:...reminded me of Marco Van Basten's beauty volley @ Euro88 against the Russians...it was that GOOD and in Torres Liverpool have a truly world class centre forward/striker...long may Nando remain a Red...

2ndly young Daniel's left foot blaster 3rd goal set my heart a glow, reminded me of his debut goal against the Hammers...Rafa you just gotta play Agger at the Bridge this coming Tuesday after watching that goal...Reds need all the best attacking players to stand up and be counted this Tuesday from Pepe (yes Pepe, because he is also a short stopper) to the Defence all the way to Attack...

3rdly Rovers were very poor, so I think we got to look at this result in perspective...but saying that 4-0 was good for the system and morale after last Wednesday night's disaster...thank you Big Sam:biggrin:

4thly delighted to look at Reds goal difference

5thly, I would really like to stick a pitchfork up Kiko Macheda's arse:biggrin:...this bloody young upstart mama mia's boy from Spaghetti land has thus far saved Fergie and ManU's arses with his 2 goals and 4 bloody points...:mad:

6thly, well Bolton showed us a thing or two yesterday afternoon at the Bridge...Cezch and his defence ain't that great...Chelsea's defence appear to look dodgy with long balls...Rafa please go all out and attack, Reds have nothing to lose, no guts no glory...Liverpool have got to play the game of their lives, very difficult but still possible...keep the faith lads...however NO Lucas and Dossena please, please:p

Lastly I set out below the final run in games for the BPL...Reds still have a chance chaps, Liverpool are still in the running...we just gotta believe, and Reds need to give it their best shot all the way to the very end...come on you Reds:smile:

YNWA

For Man U

QF Champions League 15th April 2nd Leg Porto vs ManU
Game33 – to be rearranged due to FA Cup Semis this weekend. Su 19th April Wigan vs ManU
22nd April ManU vs Portsmouth .... would have been game 27 .... Wednesday
Game 34 Sa 25th April ManU vs Tottenham
SF Champions League 28th-29th April 1st Leg

Game 35 Sa 2nd May Middlesborough vs ManU
SF Champions League 5th-6th May 2nd Leg
Game 36 Sa 9th May ManU vs Man City
Game 37 Sa 16th May ManU vs Arsenal
Game 38 Su 24th May Hull vs ManU

__________________________________________________ _________________
For LFC

QF Champions League 14th April 2nd Leg Chelsea vs Liverpool
Game33 – may be rearranged due to FA Cup Semis this weekend. Su 19th April Liverpool vs Arsenal
Game 34 Sa 25th April Hull vs Liverpool
SF Champions League 28th-29th April 1st Leg

Game 35 Sa 2nd May Liverpool vs Newcastle
SF Champions League 5th-6th May 2nd Leg
Game 36 Sa 9th May West Ham vs Liverpool
Game 37 Sa 16th May WBA vs Liverpool
Game 38 Su 24th May Liverpool vs Tottenham

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

lnchwmn4

Alfrescian
Loyal
pls oso believe for the champions league. you are oso in the running ......dun give up just because it is a two goal deficit you need to overcome at stamford bridge....come on you red. what is a two goal deficit if you can overcome a four point deficit.....come you red!!!