• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

List of ex-malaysians in singapore political scene

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
On the surface, the PAP appointed committee proposal looks like a substantial readjustment towards civic reality but the part about 14.5 months bonus is ridiculous and defeats the whole purpose. .
hahaha.....ah forv....are u sure the review commitee recommends 14.5months bonus????
anyway bonus of 14.5 months is more common that you imagined it to be......
kukubird gets around that figure (13th month + bonus + performance bonus + EVA +shares option) and many more kuku pple are getting more than that.......
so many wise forummers around and i am surprise that they are not aware of such things in the private sectors....

Last edited:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
So now it becomes about political, it become PAP vs WP… it no longer become about Transparency and Accountability…..

But if you dun hold the OPP to the same standard as you hold the PAP too, you guys will just screw over and over again by different colours… …

Firstly, I don't believe you are asking for transparency and accountability. If you claim that "LOL, that is really farny" would satisfy you, then I believe that you are just asking for people to show their face so that others can throw eggs at them. The number one rule of internet engagement is that you don't dignify a worthless comment with a response (I am violating that rule by responding to you actually). A non-response is not necessarily a sign of admission of guilt, but can also be a sign of utter indifference to the accuser.

Whether the parties involved acted in the right way on facebook, others can decide. A facebook wall is not a public toilet, for crying out loud. You don't troll someone's FB wall and then claim censorship and lack of transparency when that person shuts you out. You are no different from trolls like BryanT if you believe you have right to throw whatever bullshit you want on people's FB wall.

i also find it very ironic and hypocritical that you can ask for transparency and accountability with regards to a comment that is unsubstantiated, reeks of tabloid and gutter journalism, and may have zero percent truth in it. Why don't you apply the same standards to the PAP? There are so many stories and cases out there. I have never seen you calling for transparency and accountability when it cam to PAP misdeeds. Where were you when Shanmugam deleted comments off his FB? Where were you then?

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
Firstly, I don't believe you are asking for transparency and accountability. If you claim that "LOL, that is really farny" would satisfy you, then I believe that you are just asking for people to show their face so that others can throw eggs at them.

so now it bout killing their messenger because you cant swallow the mesage
look, if they did nothing wrong, what eggs are there to be thrown???
when Lim Hwee HUa and desmond cHoo tried to play punk with tc, did low ended with eggs on faces or Lim Hwee HUa and desmond cHoo ended with eggs on faces ???

it was Lim Hwee HUa and desmond cHoo because Low hit back hard and fast ....if ah Yaw cant handle public scutiny and even defend some ludicrous smearing .... GET the fuck out, yes now

The number one rule of internet engagement is that you don't dignify a worthless comment with a response (I am violating that rule by responding to you actually). A non-response is not necessarily a sign of admission of guilt, but can also be a sign of utter indifference to the accuser.

supporters are having doubts, discomfort by the deafening awkward silence, try being indifferent to the supporters and neutrals.... try deleting neutrals' comment on the page when they are swing voters… this is what happen to Nicole Seah … she has been deleting comment nonstop...now her wall which was the most active is now dead….

rule number 1 of politics: defend your reputation at all cost

you can be utter indifferent, but you can still quarsh the rumour by totally dimissing it nonchalently like how LKY appear @ his fren funeral after they say he ish in SGH....

Yaw can just post a pic of him and wifey together as an update, with the wife all smile and in relaxed happy expression…with some inane comment “Hectic day Visiting relatives, still have committee meeting later “ that would done it…

Whether the parties involved acted in the right way on facebook, others can decide. A facebook wall is not a public toilet, for crying out loud. You don't troll someone's FB wall and then claim censorship and lack of transparency when that person shuts you out. You are no different from trolls like BryanT if you believe you have right to throw whatever bullshit you want on people's FB wall.

Ah Pek, this is the internet age... there is a difference between BryanT irrelevant, sometime downright boliao comment and a fucking serious allegation like adultery from a widely read blog site…

Last Sun, Yaw was still posting about what a great Social Politician he is…. Unashamedly. He list down his ranking for all to see…. looks like all the public adulation have gone to their head,,,

Yaw Shin Leong said:
In the Straits Times yesterday, there was a special report titled ‘The Social Politician’. (Part D, Saturday, 14th January 2012). I read through the report and was a little surprised to find myself listed in all the eight categories. The eight categories & my respective rankings were:

1) Top 10 MPs who generated the most buzz on social media - 3rd Place
2) Top 10 MPs in terms of audience size on Facebook and Twitter - 2nd Place
3) Top 10 MPs who post most frequently on Facebook - 4th Place
4) Top 10 MPs who leave the most number of comments on FB wall - 3rd Place
5) MPs who got the most number of comments from Netizens - 6th Place
6) MPs who use social media most effectively are - 3rd Place (Joint)
7) Buzz per output ranking - 7th Place
8) Top 10 MPs in terms of share of positive comments out of all comments received - 4th Place

So when shit hit the fan ,,,, what he do, he max up the privacy on his FB acct ……. If not true why do that …… the equivalent is like some scandal broke and you hide yourself in a nuclear shelter….

FUCK, if he can handle the online community and FB….. get the fuck out of politics

i also find it very ironic and hypocritical that you can ask for transparency and accountability with regards to a comment that is unsubstantiated, reeks of tabloid and gutter journalism, and may have zero percent truth in it. Why don't you apply the same standards to the PAP? There are so many stories and cases out there. I have never seen you calling for transparency and accountability when it cam to PAP misdeeds. Where were you when Shanmugam deleted comments off his FB? Where were you then?

i also find it very ironic and hypocritical that you guys talk about transparency and accountability but when shit hit you …. You point to your untransparent and no-accountability opponent as the benchmark….

I have whack Shanmugam hard before on his FB…. I haven seen him del… the comment is there…. And deleteing a comment is totally different from trying to make your FB acct disappear…. You ah pek will never understand

This is the worst form of condoning, and what a total non excuse “because he also did it”…. so you guys are just scraping the bottom to see how bad each party can outdo each other….. that is why I say you always deserve to ass rape.

It is like your favourite student did not hand in his homework and instead of asking him why, you tell the whole class, “it s okay, because the most naughty student also sometime dun hand in their homework”

For PAP misdeeds, did any1 have the guts to come up and accuse them directly … most of the time, scoobal just hide behind the anonymity of his nick sonewhere and say in the past so and so used to do this,…. Who care about the past, who care about some anonymous guy in an low traffic forum…

We all know who is behind TRE, they have the guts to say that ah yaw got some married wife pregnant NOW…not “used to” not “in the past”… they have throw the gauntlet down…They have attack the moral integrity and character of Yaw… this is the perfect opportunity to whack back but ah yaw decide its better to lock down his FB…

read back on all my post, that is what I been attaching all the while, his way of internet engagement.,,., did I ever judge him morally in his sexual habit or his political hypocriscy??

The news itself is quite nonsense because you cant know the paternity of the baby until it is born…. But Yaw is not helping himself by keeping quiet….

With 3rd world supporter like you, how can we have a 1st world opp ???

Last edited:

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE: Six members of the opposition Singapore People's Party have resigned from their party.

They include Wilfred Leung and former civil servant Benjamin Pwee, who were widely expected to succeed the incumbent leader, Mr Chiam See Tong.

The others who resigned are the party's Organising Secretary, Ting Sze Jiang; Head of the Malay/Muslim Affairs Bureau, Mohamad Hamim bin Aliyas; Head of the Women's Wing, Mrs Mohamad Hamim bin Aliyas; and Head of the SME Businessmen Bureau, David Tan.

This comes ahead of the Party Congress to be held on Sunday, where a new Central Executive Committee (CEC) is to be formed.

Speaking to Channel NewsAsia, Mr Pwee said: "For us, Mrs Chiam is a non-constituency MP. So we feel that it is time for SPP to rise up to become a national-level party and address national issues, beyond just a single local constituency alone. So I think there are some differences in terms of approach and emphasis as to what level we (should) play at."

In a media statement, the members cited differences in opinion about party leadership styles and the future direction.

It added that deep and long-term relationships within the key CEC members had also "quickly unravelled and broken down".

But two-thirds of the CEC remain, and the Party Congress to elect a new CEC will proceed as planned.

In a posting on the Facebook page of his wife Lina Chiam, as well as that of the SPP, Mr Chiam said the six members wanted to pursue their own interests.

He said the party respects them on this. He added that there is no change at this moment and that it will be "operations as usual".

Mr Chiam said the party under his leadership will continue to seek new passionate and talented individuals, with the right aptitude and who will pursue the opposition cause cohesively.

-CNA/ac

GE 2011
GE 2006
GE 2001

SDP win 3 seat

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In parliament:

Khaw Boon Wan
Lee Bee Wah
Irene Ng
Janil Puthuchery
Foo Mee Har
(all from PAP)

Lina Chiam (SPP)

Not in parliament:

Angela Oon (WP)

and still got who?

The ugly bitch, Saw PHiak Hua who bagged away with gold and the SMRT is still as lousy as she started it.

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE: The opposition Singapore People's Party (SPP) held its Ordinary Party Conference (OPC) on Sunday, and has elected a new Central Executive Committee (CEC).

It comprises of the eight remaining members of the previous CEC, after six members quit on Saturday.

It is understood that if there are any new faces, they will be co-opted into the CEC.

The closed door session began at about 1.15pm at the party's new headquarters at 1 Siang Kuang Avenue. 20 to 30 cadres and supporters also attended the session.

At about 2.20pm, Mrs Lina Chiam stepped out to give a statement to the media.

She said the OPC has proceeded to re-elect the remaining members of the CEC.

The election of the office bearers will take place after the first CEC meeting. The OPC also fully supports the leadership of the CEC.

Mrs Chiam declined to reveal the names and number of members in the committee, adding that this will be revealed later.

It is understood that both Mrs Chiam and Mr Chiam remain in the committee, along with old members like Sin Kek Tong, Jason Leong and Yong Seng Fatt.

The CEC will meet in three weeks to decide on the positions.

The re-election comes just after six members announced their resignations from the party on Saturday. They include Wilfred Leung and former civil servant Benjamin Pwee, both were widely expected to succeed the incumbent, Mr Chiam See Tong.

In a media statement, the members cited differences in opinion about party leadership styles and the future direction.

-CNA/ac