• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lily Neo: Ist World Country, 3rd World Living Standard

sinren67

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shouldn't Ah Loong take over Lily Neo as the MP of 3rd World country?

Shouldn't Lily Neo step down in next GE as a protest against PAP?

http://www.zaobao.com.sg/sp/sp101013_005.shtml

梁莉莉把区内老人当外婆来孝顺

梁莉莉医生在1997年当选为国会议员后,被分派到牛车水区担任基层组织顾问,赫然发现在第一世界的新加坡,竟然还有人的生活犹如第三世界。

现在的牛车水—金声区是惹兰勿刹集选区的一部分,也是新加坡老年人最多,穷人也最多的选区。梁莉莉本以为她在红山开诊所,已让她接触到穷人,怎料她开始在牛车水做家访时,所见所闻都让她大为震惊。

她昨天接受本报记者访问时说:“我碰到一名天天吃酱油拌饭的老人。他告诉我即使偶尔有鱼吃,也会把一条鱼分三天慢慢吃。我听了实在心酸。”

梁莉莉医生生长在印尼的富裕家庭,留学澳洲和爱尔兰,嫁到新加坡后开诊所行医,周末偶尔会跟同个社交圈子的朋友一起喝下午茶。

“我从政前是活在自己的世界里。我是一名医生,过着舒适的生活,完全没有机会接触这一类居民。”

她在接见选民时,也发现一些居民连满足最基本的需要都有困难。

“有个家庭请我给他们钱买奶粉,另一个家庭希望我能给他们一点钱帮他们熬过一个星期。这些听起来不像是发生在新加坡的事,都让我亲身碰到了。”

梁莉莉出席国会时,总是穿着华贵得体,记者印象中几乎每一次都穿不一样的套装或旗袍。但在和居民接触时,她却总是做清素装扮,并披上一件白色棉质短袖夹克。

“我刻意要穿得比平时清素。因为我要让居民觉得我跟他们没有不同,不想让他们以为我无法了解他们。其实我真的能理解他们。因为我经常会设身处地想如果我是他们,日子肯定也很难过。或许这跟我是医生有关,真心想改善他们的生活。”

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
“If you were a poor person, anywhere on this planet, Singapore is the one place where you will have a roof over your head, where you will have food on the table. Even if you can’t afford it, we will have meals delivered to you. You will get healthcare. Do not lose sight of the fundamentals. And I am confident that we have done our duty for the people who need our help.”

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
She 1 person how to protest???
she only can work within.

She is one of the better PAP MP.

:( :p :(

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
lily neo is the only pappy mp i like...if she is my wife, i will retire from calling chicken and visitng massage parlour....slurp slurp :wink:

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
She 1 person how to protest???
she only can work within.

She is one of the better PAP MP.

:( :p :(

Lily Neo had on many undeclared accounts clash wuith the ministers over health and housing issues and had made herself very unpopular. But she did managed to get her job done to the best of her ability.

Had lily Neo been with the opposition, she can talk and talk, but she cant get things done much. that is the biggest difference.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
“If you were a poor person, anywhere on this planet, Singapore is the one place where you will have a roof over your head, where you will have food on the table. Even if you can’t afford it, we will have meals delivered to you. You will get healthcare. Do not lose sight of the fundamentals. And I am confident that we have done our duty for the people who need our help.”

If you believe in this turncoat viba, you'll die without knowing what hits you.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are people in this world who chooses the most suitable party not because they have the same ideals as the party. They choose the most suitable party so that they can have the power to take care of the people.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lily Neo had on many undeclared accounts clash wuith the ministers over health and housing issues and had made herself very unpopular. But she did managed to get her job done to the best of her ability.

Had lily Neo been with the opposition, she can talk and talk, but she cant get things done much. that is the biggest difference.

Yes, got to concur with you on this.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you believe in this turncoat viba, you'll die without knowing what hits you.

He is not asking you to believe. It is a quote of sarcasm.

And also the main points of the article is actually not about 1st world country, 3rd world living standard.

The article has 3 pages while TS only showed 1 page. Can get the remaining pages from the links. It's actually an update of what they have done after they discovered about the poor and old living in chinatown in the year 1997. After 13 years, what they have done for the poor and old in that constituency.

How they introduce jobs to the unemployed and why she wanted to take care of the old, because they reminded her of her grandmother

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
lilyneo.jpg

sinren67

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lily Neo will always be remembered which she forked out $5 from her own pocket for her residents for breast scanning. And of course, because of this matter, how can we forget Hairdo Lim.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is not asking you to believe. It is a quote of sarcasm.

And also the main points of the article is actually not about 1st world country, 3rd world living standard.

The article has 3 pages while TS only showed 1 page. Can get the remaining pages from the links. It's actually an update of what they have done after they discovered about the poor and old living in chinatown in the year 1997. After 13 years, what they have done for the poor and old in that constituency.

How they introduce jobs to the unemployed and why she wanted to take care of the old, because they reminded her of her grandmother

I read the sarcasm, nothing cryptic about it. My statement is just to hit at the turncoat.

My notion on Lily Neo is I sense a paradigm shift in her, nothing in particular over the context of a media article.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Never trust a Chindian who squanders SGD$300+ millions for an event nobody bothers to watch.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Poor lily neo is so gullible. IF she knew better should wouldn't align herself with a fascist regime. The APs will do well to pull her into their fold for the next GE. In fact there are a few exPAP MPs who are ripe and ready to take on the fight for Singaporeans. Hopefully they will be approached or better yet come forward to offer themselves.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lily neo is the only pappy mp i like...if she is my wife, i will retire from calling chicken and visitng massage parlour....slurp slurp :wink:
Dun talk cock lah you, keep saying PAP sucks and criticize FTs, Dr Neo is also an FT, now come here por her neh neh, you fucking double 2 headed snake :biggrin::biggrin:, in your dreams that Dr Neo is your wife lah, whahahaha... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lily Neo will always be remembered which she forked out $5 from her own pocket for her residents for breast scanning. And of course, because of this matter, how can we forget Hairdo Lim.

Wooden goh has to hold hairdo lim's hand after SARS hit and not for better but for worst we now had a cow in the hell ministry.

sinren67

Alfrescian
Loyal
Poor lily neo is so gullible. IF she knew better should wouldn't align herself with a fascist regime. The APs will do well to pull her into their fold for the next GE. In fact there are a few exPAP MPs who are ripe and ready to take on the fight for Singaporeans. Hopefully they will be approached or better yet come forward to offer themselves.

When the last fallen leaf dropped, Lily Neo can decide whether to join the B Team which split from PAP led by Lee's, or AP.