• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Levis, a forgotten brand?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When i said I'm lor mak? i'm saying the brand/pants leh, LOL, did I say Pom Lor Mak Mak? :confused::confused::confused:

I think you at least handsome compared to Equalisation, Krafty Hotbot and Bus No. 64. Don't be so lacking in self-confidence. :biggrin:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't know about Lawman but Lee is very alive. In fact, about three times every year, Lachmann something or the other has a warehouse sale where Lees go for about $35 a pair. Wide range too.

Err... sorry just asking, is LEE and LAWMAN jeans still around? :confused:

Steve111

Alfrescian
Loyal
i said exit US market many yrs back. thats why i said some of you ignorant! you dont know doesnt mean its not true. what you see on internet might not be true. i also got something for you.

知之为知之,不知为不知,是知也

do i need to explain in cantonese for you??? :biggrin: you talk like malaysian, are you one of them? malaysian like to use cantonese a lot. :biggrin:

Haha, I rest my case. 死鸡撑饭盖! :p

For non Cantonese, 死鸡撑饭盖 --> 亦作死鸡撑硬脚, 明知有错仍不愿改正。其喻体为死了的鸡,很多时鸡脚还仍撑开著饭煲的盖,就像仍有一线生存的机会一样。来源是鸡死了,已经是死之物不能动,但是双脚仍能撑得又硬又直,连锅盖也撑开了,在意就是死撑硬撑。讽刺有人死不认错,死顶到底。

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't know about Lawman but Lee is very alive. In fact, about three times every year, Lachmann something or the other has a warehouse sale where Lees go for about $35 a pair. Wide range too.

I go Johor Baru, Kota Raya to buy.....cheap & good & have my size...:rolleyes:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not lacking confidence, I'm just modest or humble, not like you :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

There's no other choice but to be humble when compared with me, unless you're Andy Lau or Tom Cruise. But you can still be confident, confidently humbled.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Haha, I rest my case. 死鸡撑饭盖! :p

For non Cantonese, 死鸡撑饭盖 --> 亦作死鸡撑硬脚, 明知有错仍不愿改正。其喻体为死了的鸡,很多时鸡脚还仍撑开著饭煲的盖,就像仍有一线生存的机会一样。来源是鸡死了,已经是死之物不能动,但是双脚仍能撑得又硬又直,连锅盖也撑开了,在意就是死撑硬撑。讽刺有人死不认错,死顶到底。

hahaha! i rest my case too! you are talking about yourself! this is so funny! :biggrin: 自打嘴巴!:biggrin:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did you wash them? before you gave them away??:wink:

washed, folded, in storage before given away. could not stand the smell of own crotch on fabric in drawers. it would permeate thru' other clothings. smell own unwashed underwear sometimes, but that's to get a high occasionally. can't do it all the time; otherwise, i'll be stoned.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was even a tailor in Katong Shopping Complex that would stick Levi's button on ya J-pocket "slacks" if ya wanted.

Peninsula shopping centre was then the coolest shop. Skateboards, guitars, bongs, and cannabis paraphernalia aplenty. I think it's still like dat. But nowadays limpei prefer malls with rub shop. :smile:

Teenage time, me and my "geng" only don jeans and Ts. Had Disco Duck friends, but we didn't bond well.

Cheers!

Back in my time, it was every school boy dream was to own a pair of Levis Denim Jeans ( flare, if you would remember), Texwood, Wrangler, Jordache or even Lee is seen as no class.

Of course you could get imitation Levis at Peninsular shopping centre, the jeans 'mecca' or Queensway shopping..of course the 'OB cha cha' ( the ah beng of our my time) wear even cheaper jeans.

I don't own so many pairs but a pair of two of Levis...must be in the crowd! & I think a few pairs of Lee Brush denim jeans..in brown, black & ?

To own a pair of REAL Levis, was the wahhh! of the day...now, LEVIS?, doesn't ring any bell!:p

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
aiyo, Bangkok MBK got good fake levis jeans , so much cheaper and quality and design , exactly the same.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're right actually!

I never thought about it till I read your statement. We weren't that hot with the chicks then. Maybe the heavy rock music had something to do with that. Dammit, whenever anyone had a girlfriend that lasted more than the first date, everyone want to cheong her or plan for pai lor ti :biggrin:. Damn fucking hardup. What a laugh! I suppose the other gender didn't like guys who were always stealing, smoking, drinking, and stare at people; we had good backing.

Cheers!

Got Disco Duck friends but no 'Lady Bum' friends???

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
What most Singaporeans need to realize is the true cost behind the product.

Lets take Levis for example. At over S$150 per pair, when I travel to the US and see them - and they are still selling there - I see the 505, 501s for sale for US$ 20-35 per pair. The problem is the markup by the Indian Family that imports it into SG. They have made hundreds of millions of dollars off Singaporeans buying a pair of jeans that cost a fraction from the factory. I have even been to their mansion in Nassim.

Another example. I see Timberland shoes for sale at US$30-50 and the same pair is selling in Singapore for S$200. Another example. Guess clothing. See US$20-50 shirts selling Singapore S$150-200. Same with Armani exchange. Even tempur-pedic beds in Singapore is a 300% markup. Endless list.

The problem is Singaporeans businessmen who pull fast ones on Singaporean buyers who buy these products Americans get to enjoy at 1/4 the price.

Last example: Haagen-Dazs Ice Cream. Our local Ong Beng Seng imports it and sell @ S$15 when I see it for sale at US$ 2.50 per pint in the USA.

Lets get smart people. We are getting cheated even more with the exchange rate at S$1.28.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Great observations. Parallel imports have since played a role in bringing down some of the prices but most of the time, it's still very costly.

Most interestingly, I recall that former CJ Yong Pung How (sitting as appellate corum in the HIgh Court) once ruled that parallel imports were subject to certain rules which would have rendered them meaningless. His judgment was subsequently overruled by the Court of Appeal. I stand corrected on the details but the gist is I believe correct.

What most Singaporeans need to realize is the true cost behind the product.

Lets take Levis for example. At over S$150 per pair, when I travel to the US and see them - and they are still selling there - I see the 505, 501s for sale for US$ 20-35 per pair. The problem is the markup by the Indian Family that imports it into SG. They have made hundreds of millions of dollars off Singaporeans buying a pair of jeans that cost a fraction from the factory. I have even been to their mansion in Nassim.

Another example. I see Timberland shoes for sale at US$30-50 and the same pair is selling in Singapore for S$200. Another example. Guess clothing. See US$20-50 shirts selling Singapore S$150-200. Same with Armani exchange. Even tempur-pedic beds in Singapore is a 300% markup. Endless list.

The problem is Singaporeans businessmen who pull fast ones on Singaporean buyers who buy these products Americans get to enjoy at 1/4 the price.

Last example: Haagen-Dazs Ice Cream. Our local Ong Beng Seng imports it and sell @ S$15 when I see it for sale at US$ 2.50 per pint in the USA.

Lets get smart people. We are getting cheated even more with the exchange rate at S$1.28.