• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Levis, a forgotten brand?

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Look at the pathetic state of the store, how did it turn out be so jialat? The once "MUST GET" jeans brand, which can cost to $179 for 1 jeans, have just changed their outlets to "DENIZEN" to target lower-middle market.

I have mentioned 1 year ago that their promo of "exchange of old jeans for $50" was a sign of their business going southward, i guess I'm right afterall :p:p

img0527k.jpg

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Whether Levi's or other jeans, I don't like jeans. For casuals, I'd prefer slacks like Dockers (also part of Levi's).

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have friend who's willing to buy a branded jeans for $700+, he said no need to wash 1, I tell him to fuck off, LOL

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
cheapo pondan ahneh cannot afford levi jean...now red eye over those who can.....cheapo are those who pay for the cheapest broadband then come in here to kpkb abt slow internet connection...:rolleyes::biggrin::rolleyes:

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think levis exit US market many yrs back as no one buying their jeans in US and after many years same thing happen in sg.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Levi's is well-stocked at Walmart and other big retailers. They also have specialty Levi's outlets across North America. Their strength is in the "working man's jeans" and the main competitior is Wrangler, both are doing well because they are quality products that last long. Wrangler sells for less because it is considered a no-frills jean (no back pocket stitches.)

Against the "designer" brands, Levi's is drowning in a sea of competitors since the days of Texwood and Jordache (no more already I think) and a continuous wave of newbies. This is not their strong area as youth today think of Levi's as "the jeans my daddy wore."

Other than some Singaporeans and a handful of idiots elsewhere, no one would pay more than fifty bucks for a pair of jeans. They're just jeans.

Cheers!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dockers are almost the de facto for office wear on "Casual Fridays" in Canada. Used to be, either I wore swim trunks or wore jeans. Now I either wear swim trunks, bermudas, or cargoes. Old already, jeans somewhat uncomfortable.

Cheers!

Whether Levi's or other jeans, I don't like jeans. For casuals, I'd prefer slacks like Dockers (also part of Levi's).

Tristan

Alfrescian
Loyal
They're just jeans.

To most people, putting on a pair of Levi's is like putting on a piece of history generating back to 1853. No other item of clothing is more American than the blue jeans invented by Levi Strauss. Levi's simply means jeans. Even the word Levi's is a word coined by the public to mean jeans like coke is to coca cola. Other brands can come and go but with Levi's - "quality never goes out of style".

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Levi's is well-stocked at Walmart and other big retailers. They also have specialty Levi's outlets across North America. Their strength is in the "working man's jeans" and the main competitior is Wrangler, both are doing well because they are quality products that last long. Wrangler sells for less because it is considered a no-frills jean (no back pocket stitches.)

Against the "designer" brands, Levi's is drowning in a sea of competitors since the days of Texwood and Jordache (no more already I think) and a continuous wave of newbies. This is not their strong area as youth today think of Levi's as "the jeans my daddy wore."

Other than some Singaporeans and a handful of idiots elsewhere, no one would pay more than fifty bucks for a pair of jeans. They're just jeans.

Cheers!

Yes, Levis is well and alive in the US. You are right on the "designer" brands competitions such as Abercrombie, A/X, etc, is giving them a run.

Surprising the Levis brand in the US is relatively affordable, unlike those in Singapore going for at least S$130 - S$179. I believe their markups are pretty steep.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's truth to your words! :smile:

When I was in secondary school, ya didn't want ya jeans to look new; ya want them to be faded. Then the manufacturers came out with "Stonewashed" - out of the store already worn! Yup, wearing jeans was more than just dressing up, it was a statement.

I have a Levi's jacket from 1977, I didn't buy it, some rich kid left it on a railing at Newton Hawker Centre and I flicked the thing (I was sooo slick.) Bit too teeny for me now, but I still have it. Nicely faded, some stitches abraded over time, I fold the sleeves and wear it still sometimes. It's really a piece of history. I wonder if the owner will recognize it, I'll fight him for it if he wants it back.

Cheers!

To most people, putting on a pair of Levi's is like putting on a piece of history generating back to 1853. No other item of clothing is more American than the blue jeans invented by Levi Strauss. Levi's simply means jeans. Even the word Levi's is a word coined by the public to mean jeans like coke is to coca cola. Other brands can come and go but with Levi's - "quality never goes out of style".