• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Leisure Farm Community

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just bought the latest copy of Home & Apartment Trends (Oct 2013).

Coverage on Iskandar and Leisure Farm (focus on Bayou Creek). This could be LF's publicity before the actual phase two launch.

Quite a good write up on Bayou Creek.

Go get a copy if you want the full write up.

Home & Apt Oct 2013.jpgBayou Creek 1.jpg

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where to buy this magazine? By the way phase 2 launched delayed to next year.

It should be coming on to the news stand in Malaysia and Singapore soon.

Try checking out Kinokuniya in SG and any of the newstand in Msia this week.

Last edited:

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
No Valdez, bought it off the newstand.

Any idea why the delay for launch of Bayou Creek Part II?

I suppose the recent budget announcement of minimum MYR1 million purchase by foreigners should not affect LF projects in general.
The one that would be impactful would be the 30% capital gains tax.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
No Valdez, bought it off the newstand.

Any idea why the delay for launch of Bayou Creek Part II?

I suppose the recent budget announcement of minimum MYR1 million purchase by foreigners should not affect LF projects in general.
The one that would be impactful would be the 30% capital gains tax.

They are waiting to see how developers price their post budget launch.

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are waiting to see how developers price their post budget launch.

LF should definitely move ahead to launch their project soon.

If they are benchmarking the competition, anyone has any idea what recent East Ledang launches went for?

An upcoming close benchmark will be the Sunway Bandar project that will be coming up right next to LF's 1765 acre plot. They have the blessings of Iskandar Investment Bhd as they got part of the land from them. Sunway will basically get access to an upcoming highway that will link Medina to the 2nd link at Tuas, currently bypassing LF.

Thus, in order fro LF to enhance the value of their own projects, it will be up to LF to decide if they want to contribute to have access to this new highway that will be going pass their unopened planned 3rd entrance. If that happen, both LF and Sunway will benefit from the usage of this road.

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes only on weekends

Makes sense if you are currently working.

I would imagine the 2 hour commute to work can be variable if one is working in Singapore's CBD area due to checkpoint unpredictability.

Have never really tried driving into SG on a working day before.

Any idea that if one needs to work in SG CBD area by 8am, what time does he/she needs to leave home in LF?

Last edited:

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Makes sense if you are currently working.

I would imagine the 2 hour commute to work if one is working in Singapore's CBD area.

Have never really tried driving into SG on a working day before.

Any idea that if one needs to work in SG CBD area by 8am, what time does he/she needs to leave home in LF?

LOL. Done this sort of commute for 5 years at outskirt of London to Central London. Instead of custom booth they have a thing call roundabout with silly traffic lights that cause 2 miles queue every f.morning. Took 2 hrs each way come in rain, snow(5hrs each way) and sun(rare). This Leisure Farm to CBD is chicken shit, easily done. People need to stop thinking like Singaporean or Malaysian.

I would say leave around 6:45-7:00hr will give you plenty of time.

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL. Done this sort of commute for 5 years at outskirt of London to Central London. Instead of custom booth they have a thing call roundabout with silly traffic lights that cause 2 miles queue every f.morning. Took 2 hrs each way come in rain, snow(5hrs each way) and sun(rare). This Leisure Farm to CBD is chicken shit, easily done. People need to stop thinking like Singaporean or Malaysian.

I would say leave around 6:45-7:00hr will give you plenty of time.

Personally, if the immigration clearance is a breeze, I would say that it is a manageable routine.

Just been caught in one of those 2 hour jam at the 2nd link before and the thought that an 8am arrival could potentially become a 9-10am arrival is just a nightmare to imagine.

Otherwise, leaving at 6.45am is definitely a can do.

Last edited:

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personally, if the immigration clearance is a breeze, I would say that it is a manageable routine.

Just been caught in one of those 2 hour jam at the 2nd link before and the thought that an 8am arrival could potentially become a 9-10am arrival is just a nightmare to imagine.

Otherwise, leaving at 6.45am is definitely a can do.

So far so good. Haven't heard of 2 hrs jam in the morning on a week day. Max is 30 min queue. Weekend stay at home don't go in to Singapore or coming back to LF.

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
So far so good. Haven't heard of 2 hrs jam in the morning on a week day. Max is 30 min queue. Weekend stay at home don't go in to Singapore or coming back to LF.

Thanks DD, 30 mins sounds good.

That definitely makes it more of a workable arrangements for the morning. What about your return trip?

Evenings challenging at all?

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks DD, 30 mins sounds good.

That definitely makes it more of a workable arrangements for the morning. What about your return trip?

Evenings challenging at all?

Pleasure.

Return trip more or less the same depend what time you reach the Tuas. After 19:00hr will be a breeze. Friday evening is the sticky one. I don't live there at the moment, but will do next year. All the info are from LF residents.

You will be fine. Enjoy the quiet life.

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pleasure.

Return trip more or less the same depend what time you reach the Tuas. After 19:00hr will be a breeze. Friday evening is the sticky one. I don't live there at the moment, but will do next year. All the info are from LF residents.

You will be fine. Enjoy the quiet life.

You got yourself a place for next year?
Will keep it as an open option.

azinamoto91

Alfrescian
Loyal
Newbie11 said:
Btw how much r homes in LF? Rough range is appreciated.

U can do a quick search @ iproperty. Below RM1mil u may still can get 1 at precinct like Pinggiran Bayou, Garden Court or even Bayou Water Village. The rest of the area are mostly bungalows which easily costs RM3mil+ all the way to RM7-8mil.

Bayou Creek precinct has yet completed. But when it is available in the subsale market the asking won't be lower than RM2.5mil for semi-d I guess.