• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Leisure Farm Community

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pple go to see F1 is to hear the visceral engine sound. Now can get free some more. Why complain? Haha.

Hey Cow138,

it's one thing to hear it 3 days of 'visceral engine sound' willingly and with enthusiasm and quite another experience to hear in week in week out without a choice.

Hopeful

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just thinking aloud,

Before, many people didn't like leisure farm because 'ulu' and surroundings under developed.

Quote-"My very first property in Nusajaya was at LF which I paid a deposit. I had to withdraw my deposit after going through the Gelang Patah trunk road a few more times! Anyway, I still believe sooner or later, LF will get their alternate access application approved!"

Now with a lot of new developments and happenings

Quote-"Noise , dusty , dirty , pylon(HTC) ....property value may drop.."
"What would be more imminent would be the huge number of construction trucks that will move along the narrow Gelang Patah road, alongside golf guests and residents."

Just can't please everyone. HaHa...
PS: for me I just love it the way it is! Narrow light traffic roads lined with oil palm trees, Gelang Patah town, seafood restaurants, the lot......

Last edited:

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just thinking aloud,

Before, many people didn't like leisure farm because 'ulu' and surroundings under developed.

Quote-"My very first property in Nusajaya was at LF which I paid a deposit. I had to withdraw my deposit after going through the Gelang Patah trunk road a few more times! Anyway, I still believe sooner or later, LF will get their alternate access application approved!"

Now with a lot of new developments and happenings

Quote-"Noise , dusty , dirty , pylon(HTC) ....property value may drop.."
"What would be more imminent would be the huge number of construction trucks that will move along the narrow Gelang Patah road, alongside golf guests and residents."

Just can't please everyone. HaHa...
PS: for me I just love it the way it is! Narrow light traffic roads lined with oil palm trees, Gelang Patah town, seafood restaurants, the lot......

Make no mistake, I like LF and the entire feel of the estate development. I think it's definitely one of the better projects in Iskandar region.
Just noting that the narrow light traffic roads will no longer be that way once Rowsley start their construction activities.
Am thinking ahead before the single lane road cannot support the heavier traffic use in future.

There is a difference between complaining and constructive suggestion.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Make no mistake, I like LF and the entire feel of the estate development. I think it's definitely one of the better projects in Iskandar region.
Just noting that the narrow light traffic roads will no longer be that way once Rowsley start their construction activities.
Am thinking ahead before the single lane road cannot support the heavier traffic use in future.

There is a difference between complaining and constructive suggestion.

Was told construction of autocity will only start when the big access road from the north south highway is completed.

Cost of building and maintaining this new access road is shared between UEM and leisure farm.

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was told construction of autocity will only start when the big access road from the north south highway is completed.

Cost of building and maintaining this new access road is shared between UEM and leisure farm.

Any idea when the access road will be completed?

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
Next year around june

Nice, definitely would improve ease of accessibility to LF.

Took another long look at the map provided on Gerbang Nusajaya.

Rowsley's plan race track will not be directly in front of LF entrances 1 & 2.

It will be behind the current oil palm vegetation in front of the entrance, right across the NS highway. Thus, there will be some distance and trees as natural sound barriers when the track is up.

For those who have difficulty imagining where it will be located, as you cross the 2nd link from Singapore, it will be the open area to your left before you reach the planned access road to LF which is currently under construction. Keep a look out for LF watertank on your left as a reference.

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I were the owner of the said oil palm land, would I not sell it for a good price to all the hot developments? Look at the number of trees bulldozed in Nusajaya, unless there is govt coordinated plan to preserve some green belts, or developer willing to preserve to boost property value.

Nice, definitely would improve ease of accessibility to LF.

Took another long look at the map provided on Gerbang Nusajaya.

Rowsley's plan race track will not be directly in front of LF entrances 1 & 2.

It will be behind the current oil palm vegetation in front of the entrance, right across the NS highway. Thus, there will be some distance and trees as natural sound barriers when the track is up.

For those who have difficulty imagining where it will be located, as you cross the 2nd link from Singapore, it will be the open area to your left before you reach the planned access road to LF which is currently under construction. Keep a look out for LF watertank on your left as a reference.

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just visited LF and passed by Bayou Creek. Some of the houses looks like they are ready. Progress on work had been good and the estate is looking nice.
Anyone visited BC recently?

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bayou Creek should likely be launching after the announcement of the Malaysian Budget on 25 Oct.
Most property firms will get a better grasp of the market sentiments after PM Najib's decision on managing the country's budget balance.
Seems likely Leisure Farm will likely benchmark to East Ledang's pricing which seems to be closing on the big 5 figure.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Damn. Prices in Leisure Farm is crazy
Mulpha is just squeezing all the profits that it can.
Piecemeal release of only limited units every time so that the demand will remain high and they can fetch higher prices

Probably good for those that has already bought but prices are kinda steep right now.

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree that prices are looking steep.
However, this phenomenon is widespread in Iskandar area.
I suppose the LF management are just riding on the current uptide to lock in any profits that they can, just like many of the other developers (SP Setia, UEM, E&O-upcoming Avira projects, Ecoworld, etc)
The market will await the new measures that PM Najib will roll up on 25th Oct to reassess how best to move forward.
Looks like low interest rate environment will last a little longer with the recent US govt shutdown clipping some fractional of % off the US GDP rate. US likely to keep low rates for slightly longer, which will lend further power to the rally in emerging markets (ie stocks, properties in Asian markets, including Msia).
The risk is when the party comes to a close (who can predict when interest rates will go up) and there are more supply than demand in the Iskandar region.
We need wider buying support from domestic Malaysian investors to make this formula long term.

Last edited:

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. Currently l guess only majority of pple buying into iskandar are mainly Singaporean PRs and those previously Malaysians who converted to Singaporeans.

Iskandar prices seems to be like in a bubble.
Its not so easy to buy now.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually, that is inaccurate. it IS EASY to buy , even now. just put 10k RM down, can own a house.
if govt want to stamp down on speculators, easy only. just come out ruling - max 60% loan.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. Currently l guess only majority of pple buying into iskandar are mainly Singaporean PRs and those previously Malaysians who converted to Singaporeans.

Many Singaporeans are also buying. Landed is still highly affordable at $3xx-5xx RM psf, or 1xx-2xx SGD psf. You can't even buy a piece of 99LH land in Singapore at this price.

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any Leisure Farm Shifu here know where they get this furniture (the sofa) from? The sales just wouldn't reveal them. Not sure what they hiding for.

122409.jpg

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many Singaporeans are also buying. Landed is still highly affordable at $3xx-5xx RM psf, or 1xx-2xx SGD psf. You can't even buy a piece of 99LH land in Singapore at this price.

If one is buying with the intent to expect a short term 'flipping' opportunity, then I would advise caution.
However, if it is for personal use (i.e. weekend home, retirement), then I think it certainly makes sense.
For those who are prepared to do the 60-90 minute commute to work, then it is a very strong consideration to look at Leisure Farm.

Looking at the scale and diversity of efforts (both public and private sectors) in making Iskandar a success story, I would strongly suggest to consider it as a 5 to 10 year investment horizon, or even longer.

It is indeed true that there is currently a huge disparity in pricing between SG and Iskandar property. However, at current, it is not comparing like with like. The price that one is paying for in SG is security, stability of government (currently), ease of access to work for those with businesses/employment in SG.

Iskandar would definitely offer value for money at current, and there lies a potential for the price disparity to narrow slowly over time.

I would advocate caution as SG is coming into an inflection point whereby there will also be many TOPs in 2014/2015 (additional supple slack coming on).

Last edited: