• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Leisure Farm Community

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats mean the sales are so busy till no time to entertain new customers.. thats show very very good sign of the project.
Well receive and well demand. Any idea which one is better? East ledang or Leisure farm bungalow?

Hi tigerbear,

Based on feedback from friends, each has its own advantages. Here is my brain dump:

East Ledang - Closer to Educity, Marlborough College, Bukit Indah, Puteri Harbour, Medini North (Legoland, Gleneagles, Mall Medini), presently, easier access from 2nd Link
Leisure Farms - More serene, quiet. At present, a bit out of way, but not for too long as they are working on the highway exit. May also have future access to Medini.

Construction Quality
Some folks argue that LF quality is better. I have my reservations after seeing the Bayou Creek showhouse. I think they are very similar, particularly after seeing the specs of phase 4A at East Ledang. East Ledang is giving Marble floorings in Living Areas, while LF is giving homogenous tiles. On the other hand, LF is giving completed kitchen and wardrobes, while EL is not so you have dole out additional time and money after completion.

Pricing
Bayou Creek phase 2 bungalows will be priced from, as I hear, RM 3.8M. East Ledang will phase 4B to be launched in April will start at RM 4.2M. Built up areas are quite similar, although my personal view is that LF includes garage and open areas in BUA while EL does not. I am comparing between the LF showhouse which I was told was 5300 sft and EL Phase 3A type C showhouse which is 5500 sft. The EL bungalow seemed much bigger. Also, land size, EL starts at 8500 sft, while LF would be 6500 sft.

Amenities
I think LF beats EL hands down. Horse Stables, Golf Course - all in house. There are some commercial developments coming up soon as well. EL will give you membership to nearby HH Golf & Country Club + Ledang Retreat.

I hope this will give you some food for thought. I suggest, go spend some time on each development. See whatever gives you a better feeling. One additional point, LF gives you more options, as they will launch Semi Ds as well. EL, only Bungalows left.

Happy hunting!

Cheers,
IR

Fully agreed With IR, mostly important thing is to listen to your heart.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal

I understand the bungalows at LF priced around 3.5 million. But I also heard the number of registration for phase 2 is a few hundred. It's possible they may price it higher than that as limited bungalows available.
LF also coming up with cluster housing near to the sales office and beside bayou creek phase 1. Considerably cheaper but take note its strata.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal

I understand the bungalows at LF priced around 3.5 million. But I also heard the number of registration for phase 2 is a few hundred. It's possible they may price it higher than that as limited bungalows available.
LF also coming up with cluster housing near to the sales office and beside bayou creek phase 1. Considerably cheaper but take note its strata.

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal

Any rebate for bc phase 2? What's the price range for cluster housing?

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
The sales at EL said more than 800 registrations for their lake fronting semis last month. End up around 50 or so turned up and the ones with cheques are minimal. Registration is easy la.

Yes registration number not true gauge as many will not turn up at the actual launch. Still I think most will be sold within a month or two of launch.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes registration number not true gauge as many will not turn up at the actual launch. Still I think most will be sold within a month or two of launch.

I would agree with you. Landed is hot at the moment.

Talk about lake fronting semi d at EL, all 20 units were sold on the day of the launch. Later they released the 4 units they held back to the ones on wait list. I heard that they still have 10-15 on wait list in case someone cancels. And this was when they required full 10% on the day of the launch, not some small booking amount.

Last edited:

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gerbang nusajaya master plan. It's next to leisure farm image.jpg

image.jpg

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm afraid zone B may not be able to absorb so much new (commercial and condo) properties in such a short span of time. Buy carefully for own use.

I would agree. As per some of the genuine agents as well as sales folks as both EL and LF, renting out larger units (semi D and above) is slow at the moment. There are more buyers for completed properties, than renters.

For the folks who plan to rent these out on possession, it is prudent to have 6-8 months payment worth of cash on hand after possession. Have alternative plans of using as a weekend home. Some folks would disagree, but my thinking is that spending a little extra on renovation to differentiate yourself from others may help.

Last edited:

azinamoto91

Alfrescian
Loyal
how's the progress of the new exit so far? it will be just exit from highway to LF or also with entrance to highway (meaning no need go via gelang patah town when going to spore from LF)?

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most likely opening 1st qtr 2014. But 3rd qtr of year should be able to see completion of the shops there.

g3abc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, Iskandar Rocks,

Would You have access to the information pertaining to the strength of the Estate's Management Funds of Leisure Farm ?

In Malaysia, places gets run-down, mostly because of the following,..

1. difficulty in collecting S&C monies
2. mis-management of funds colected
3. ineffective enforcement of such funds collection,...
4. "tida-apa" attitude of many,..
5. ... <please add>,..

...and as a result,..the managers have not enuff moey to maintain the place.

Yes, the area IS Hott, due to the current media-stroked sentiments,...but there are still some "half-finished" abandoned houses in LF , LH ? Yes ? East Ledang's still pretty new in reation to LF & H,..so EL has no such eye-sore / vermin-farms,.... Yes ? No ?

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, Iskandar Rocks,

Would You have access to the information pertaining to the strength of the Estate's Management Funds of Leisure Farm ?

5. ... <please add>,..

Yes, the area IS Hott, due to the current media-stroked sentiments,...but there are still some "half-finished" abandoned houses in LF , LH ? Yes ? East Ledang's still pretty new in reation to LF & H,..so EL has no such eye-sore / vermin-farms,.... Yes ? No ?

Half finished houses are due to owners not completing. Check mulpha profile out,

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most likely opening 1st qtr 2014. But 3rd qtr of year should be able to see completion of the shops there.

Hi

Just checked with Lf sales last week, they are still not saying Anythjng about the excess road....wonder why

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, Iskandar Rocks,

5. ... <please add>,..

Hi g3abc, I don't have that information into LF Management Funds. Perhaps one of the residents, such as Sanur, Valdez may be able to comment better. Overall, when I visit, the place looks very well kept to me.

In terms of half finished and abandoned houses, yes, I have definitely seen them in Ledang Heights. There was one by the highway that someone bought and now completed. I saw one with just the structure completed. The agent told me that the owner died in the process. The land was in his name and he did not execute a will. Apparently the succession process in Malaysia is very long and cumbersome if there is no will. His wife cannot sell it, nor she can complete it, until the court process is complete. That, to me, was a lesson learnt. Have property in your name only - make sure you execute a will.

Yes, EL is definitely newer and I have not seen any eyesores yet. There is also a Deed of Mutual Covenants (DMC) that we are made to sign that requires us to maintain the place. Now, does that guarantee that you will not see eyesores in future? Absolutely not. Actually, I noticed that someone has already made an extension to their SemiD backside. I was told that he is some 'powerful' guy. So, I woud not think that a DMC would guarantee no eyesores.

Long story short, as I always say, everything has its own risks. Even if the development is G&G and Landed, one of the risk factors to consider is there is always a small chance that there will be a 'haunted house' next door to you.

So, there are 2 different things. First, the abandoned and half completed houses. For this, as Sanur pointed out, depends on the individual owners and I am not sure how much control the Management has over this. Second one being the upkeep of the common spaces, roads, parks, etc. That definitely depends on the collection, use of funds, etc. So far, I have not seen that to be a visible issue in LH, LF, or EL.

Last edited:

aumysg

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are also owners who didn't bother to pay maintainence fee since they took possesion. The staff could ask and ask but if LF bigwig didn't take it seriously, they are not going to pay. True story, they get the tenant to settle it for them. Meanwhile, they expect the place to be maintained. There are lots of owners who have this kind of attitude, especially the ones that buy purely for investment.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi

Just checked with Lf sales last week, they are still not saying Anythjng about the excess road....wonder why

Did any authority confirms that the present construction is for a new access road to LF?

Just look at LF's master plan since the beginning, developers will not fail to advertise future infrastructure which will benefit their development, even though they clearly know that it might not materialize. So if this new exit from the highway is real, why are they not advertising it? Even the very big advertisement board of LF which we can see along 2nd Link Highway still states Exit 313 for LF, nothing is mentioned about this new exit.

Last edited:

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did any authority confirms that the present construction is for a new access road to LF?

Just look at LF's master plan since the beginning, developers will not fail to advertise future infrastructure which will benefit their development, even though they clearly know that it might not materialize. So if this new exit from the highway is real, why are they not advertising it? Even the very big advertisement board of LF which we can see along 2nd Link Highway still states Exit 313 for LF, nothing is mentioned about this new exit.

That access road you are seeing is not being build by the authorities. LF is financing the construction. Hence it's a private road. LF will also have to maintain it. As to why they are not announcing it guess its the right time yet.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
That access road you are seeing is not being build by the authorities. LF is financing the construction. Hence it's a private road. LF will also have to maintain it. As to why they are not announcing it guess its the right time yet.

Can't be a private road if it is not in private space. I think Mulpha just have to throw in a free bungalow for the Menteri Besar and it will be a done deal.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's definitely private space as the land there (taman leisure) belongs to mulpha. Anyway even if they don t announce it you can see that a road is being built.