• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Leisure Farm Community

sileung

Alfrescian
Loyal
The boss Mr Lau is basically an ah beng. Your experience with them depends on the workers you get. And whether they happen to be very busy moving a few houses on your moving day.

Finally make the move. I have to say, the group came to my house to move are pretty good. We have some issue with my condo security so the whole process was delay. They help us to rush and finally make it to LF before the time where LF will not allow any mover to come in. Have to give a thumb up to them. I have to take back my word. At the end of the day, the group is dedicated to their work. Thanks for the recommendation :smile:

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Finally make the move. I have to say, the group came to my house to move are pretty good. We have some issue with my condo security so the whole process was delay. They help us to rush and finally make it to LF before the time where LF will not allow any mover to come in. Have to give a thumb up to them. I have to take back my word. At the end of the day, the group is dedicated to their work. Thanks for the recommendation :smile:

So glad n happy to hear that. Yes the guys were good n helpful, but during those time the boss was nice too, hopefully it was one of those day that he was cranko. Have u join the of Facebook?

sileung

Alfrescian
Loyal
So glad n happy to hear that. Yes the guys were good n helpful, but during those time the boss was nice too, hopefully it was one of those day that he was cranko. Have u join the of Facebook?

Have not join yet. Quite a few 'Leisure Farm' pages so not sure which one.

Jogger

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sanur
Thanks. could you pls share a little about some of the points i need to pay attention when build the house?
Mr lim should be good at it, but i am sure there are still some areas which we need to take close look at .
and also worry how to control the quality of the building as you know some owner felt frustrated during the process. Do i need go there to monitor the procedure every weekend? Sorry asked so many questions hope won't bother you. :smile:

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sanur
Thanks. could you pls share a little about some of the points i need to pay attention when build the house?
Mr lim should be good at it, but i am sure there are still some areas which we need to take close look at .
and also worry how to control the quality of the building as you know some owner felt frustrated during the process. Do i need go there to monitor the procedure every weekend? Sorry asked so many questions hope won't bother you. :smile:

Hi jogger,

As for my house, I cannot comment more since mine was a show house. But I do know that mr lim is a responsible guy, till date we still call him to replaced our pump, certain repair work too. We do not go there to monitor as his men will liase with my housekeeper to open the door for them to do whatever needs to b done. Do nego for price. In all cases, hv contract drafted out to save guide yourself. Renovating a house will give one endless anxieties as well as frustrations too, put alone building a house. Just bear in mind, there are no perfect houses but we could turn it to a perfect home. Wish you all the best in your endeavor!

SNSD2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey Sanur, I like your last quote. Indeed, there are no perfect houses but each one of us can turn it into a cosy and wonderful home :smile:

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
The rich will snap up the bungalows at LF in view of its proximity?

FASTrack, UEM Land in JV deal for Motorsports City

HIGHER business costs and tight labour conditions in Singapore were among the reasons Singapore's "remisier king" Peter Lim is developing a motorsports hub, valued at RM3.5 billion (S$1.4 billion), at Johor's Iskandar region instead.

FASTrack Autosports, controlled by Mr Lim, will develop the 270-acre Motorsports City at Gerbang Nusajaya with Khazanah-backed UEM Land Holdings Berhad.

FASTrack Autosports owns 70 per cent of the venture, while UEM Land owns the other 30 per cent stake.

The Johor Royal Family is a partner to Mr Lim in FASTrack Autosports.

When asked about his decision to have the project in Malaysia, Mr Lim said: "It's an interesting project, something that I love, and I think we can build a fairly sound business model from this, especially with the high costs of doing business in Singapore, and also the availability of labour."

He was speaking at a joint press conference with UEM Land on the sidelines of the 8th World Islamic Economic Forum (WIEF) in Johor Baru yesterday, after the joint-venture agreement was inked.

Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Finance Tharman Shanmugaratnam, who was speaking at WIEF earlier in the day, commented on the deal later that day.

"Ultimately these are business decisions. I mean the job of the government is to ensure that with limited land, limited labour, limitations of resources generally, you have a level playing field and you have fair pricing," he told reporters.

"And some businesses based on their business models will find it very worthwhile to grow in Singapore, more capital intensive, more high value-add and they will train up people to make it work in Singapore, and there are some others who basically might find that they would retain some businesses in Singapore, some headquarters operations but they rather make use of opportunities in Malaysia and elsewhere, where you have labour available at a lower salary and more availability of land."

Motorsports City, which is five to 10 minutes' drive from Singapore's Second Link, will feature an array of attractions and amenities to cater to the motor enthusiast.

A central feature will be a 4.5km circuit, which will be designed by a Formula One (F1) track designer.

Barry Kan, chief executive of FASTrack Autosports, said the track is not meant to compete with the Sepang track or the Singapore street race track for F1, and will serve its own niche.

Other facilities and services on tap at Motorsports City include bonded garages - where enthusiasts can store their collections tax-free in general, car showrooms, service centres and even a luxury caravan service to fetch users from their homes and back.

There will also be a 1.5km go-kart track, as well as retail and dining options with the likes of a car-themed bar and other alfresco outlets.

Mr Lim, who sits on the board at McLaren Automotive, said there is no involvement from the British company in the project, but did not rule out the option for the future.

He also shared that he's looking at "one or two" more projects in Iskandar.

Wan Abdullah Wan Ibrahim, managing director and chief executive officer of UEM Land, said that work on Motorsports City should start in about six months, and the first phase completed around 2015 to 2016.

The entire project should bear itself out in 10 to 15 years.

But he said there are Singaporeans who are already itching to get in on the action.

"I have had some conversations with some Singaporeans who indulge in this sport, they can't wait," he said.

Aeroccino

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello... I am eyeing a bungalow in LF. I looked through the Title Deed and it says that sale of property must be approved by authorities. Does this mean it is a bumi lot? It was explained to me that bumi lots are explicitly mentioned as "for bumiputera" in the title deed. If there is no specific mention then it is an international lot. Is this correct? Thanks in advance.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
image.jpg

Gerbang nusajaya where Peter lim auto city, ascendas high tech park and china mall is located beside leisure farm.

jade apple

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks Valdez. Now I know when is Gerbang Nusajaya. With the new Coastal Highway extension, distance to Leisure Farm is shortened .

Aeroccino

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've just placed a booking fee for a bungalow at LF. We have engaged our own lawyer to manage the Sales & Purchase agreement even though the developer offers to waive legal charges if we use their lawyer for the Sales & Purchase agreement.

The developer also offers their lawyer to handle the loan agreement. We are quite tempted to take up this freebie. Does anyone have any thoughts about whether it is advisable to use the developer's lawyer for this?

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've just placed a booking fee for a bungalow at LF. We have engaged our own lawyer to manage the Sales & Purchase agreement even though the developer offers to waive legal charges if we use their lawyer for the Sales & Purchase agreement.

The developer also offers their lawyer to handle the loan agreement. We are quite tempted to take up this freebie. Does anyone have any thoughts about whether it is advisable to use the developer's lawyer for this?

How much did you pay for your bungalow? . In my opinion better to use the developer lawyer to handle the transaction. But you can make a comparison with another lawyer before you commit. Press for discount and don t make the mistake of giving the lawyer cheques except for application of state consent. The rest like stamp duties can wait a few more months at least.

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal
if developer offer free lawyer, just take it. the term and condition in the S&P are all standard whether you engage own lawyer or developer lawyer.

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal
We using the developer lawyer to handle everything for our bayou creek house..so far so good!