• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lee Hsien Loong's stellar military career

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pardon me, but 23SA was not in Taman Jurong Camp. Only 4 camps over there, Sch of Arty, 22SA, 24SA n Arty HQ. 23SA was in Katib Camp. Before promoted, he (Lta) served a stint in 20SA (Sungei Kadut) as BC.
Year '74, LHL was a captain then attached to Arty HQ. Colonel Gill was the Chief of Arty then.

Later, BG Lee reported to COL Gill, when they were both at MINDEF.

curse044

Alfrescian
Loyal
Later, BG Lee reported to COL Gill, when they were both at MINDEF.

Nah...is the other way around. He overshot Col Gill.
U see..nobody wanna have LHL as their subordinate as it's dangerous...so all recommend promoting him n auto transfer out!
With him in oversea Ex was the worst...problem getting guys to attached to him....our CO also can't do anything..sigh..
One thing good about him was that with him around Arty HQ, food in our cookhouse improves alot!:biggrin:

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nah...is the other way around. He overshot Col Gill.
U see..nobody wanna have LHL as their subordinate as it's dangerous...so all recommend promoting him n auto transfer out!
With him in oversea Ex was the worst...problem getting guys to attached to him....our CO also can't do anything..sigh..
One thing good about him was that with him around Arty HQ, food in our cookhouse improves alot!:biggrin:

It is amazing..this discussion of LHL military career goes up to 11 pages...!!!!!

I wish to set the record straight..

1. His BG title...he owes it to his father...
2. His PM appointment..he owes it to his father...

Cast a poll, u will see it very clearly..

The whole world knows about it...

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is amazing..this discussion of LHL military career goes up to 11 pages...!!!!!

I wish to set the record straight..

1. His BG title...he owes it to his father...
2. His PM appointment..he owes it to his father...

Cast a poll, u will see it very clearly..

The whole world knows about it...

He goes into the Guinness book of Records

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pardon me, but 23SA was not in Taman Jurong Camp. Only 4 camps over there, Sch of Arty, 22SA, 24SA n Arty HQ. 23SA was in Katib Camp. Before promoted, he (Lta) served a stint in 20SA (Sungei Kadut) as BC.
Year '74, LHL was a captain then attached to Arty HQ. Colonel Gill was the Chief of Arty then.

Sorry 24SA...getting old! it was Jalan Kambing Camp, Ang Mo Que Camp...& the armored artillery, have forgotten, where it was.

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
Year '74, LHL was a captain then attached to Arty HQ. Colonel Gill was the Chief of Arty then

how come u all missed out 21SA...

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
To set the record straight I started this thread and I will not remove the word 'stellar' from the thread title.

The word 'stellar' was meant to allude to his super-fast promotion to the rank of BG (which is symbolised by a star, hence the word 'stellar').

It was also meant to be an ironic reference to how 'amazing' his military career was, when in fact we all know that he owed his promotions to the fact that he was LKY's son.

There are many stories about LHL's military career. A veteran SWO once told me of a time when LHL was taking his airborne course. When it came to his turn to jump, he got cold feet and told the instructor that he couldn't do it. The instructor (MSG) told him to wake up his idea, set his parachute for him, and threw him off the plane. LHL passed. But the MSG was dismissed from service soon after.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
To set the record straight I started this thread and I will not remove the word 'stellar' from the thread title.

The word 'stellar' was meant to allude to his super-fast promotion to the rank of BG (which is symbolised by a star, hence the word 'stellar').

It was also meant to be an ironic reference to how 'amazing' his military career was, when in fact we all know that he owed his promotions to the fact that he was LKY's son.

There are many stories about LHL's military career. A veteran SWO once told me of a time when LHL was taking his airborne course. When it came to his turn to jump, he got cold feet and told the instructor that he couldn't do it. The instructor (MSG) told him to wake up his idea, set his parachute for him, and threw him off the plane. LHL passed. But the MSG was dismissed from service soon after.

There were stories that George Yeo was the brightest of all the fast promoted BGs. Teo Chee Hean and LHL did nothing. Teo esp, all the work of Teo was actually that of Commodore James Leo.

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would not second-guess that.

I have met George Yeo a number of times and I can attest to the man's intellect. He is very sharp and astute. In his earlier years, he was a bit arrogant, but later on he mellowed down and started to become a real advocate of change. Unfortunately, that made him a threat to LHL, and that was why he was made a sacrificial lamb.

The intelligence from grassroots was that LHL knew all along that Low Thia Khiang would contest in Aljunied. However, George Yeo was not in the know, and he was made to believe that Low would remain in Hougang. George could have been moved to East Coast, but instead Lim Swee Say was moved there and George was left to fend for himself.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would not second-guess that.

I have met George Yeo a number of times and I can attest to the man's intellect. He is very sharp and astute. In his earlier years, he was a bit arrogant, but later on he mellowed down and started to become a real advocate of change. Unfortunately, that made him a threat to LHL, and that was why he was made a sacrificial lamb.

The intelligence from grassroots was that LHL knew all along that Low Thia Khiang would contest in Aljunied. However, George Yeo was not in the know, and he was made to believe that Low would remain in Hougang. George could have been moved to East Coast, but instead Lim Swee Say was moved there and George was left to fend for himself.

George Yeo did not expect defeat. I dont think he ever faced defeat: SAF, MP Ministries esp MFA. But once it was there, he was the most gracious.

He did promise to reform PAP though. Dont see it.

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
George Yeo did not expect defeat. I dont think he ever faced defeat: SAF, MP Ministries esp MFA. But once it was there, he was the most gracious.

He did promise to reform PAP though. Dont see it.

How can George Yeo reform the PAP after being voted out?

He is no longer a minister, no longer an MP, no longer in PAP CEC and maybe (??) no longer even a PAP member?

In fact he has joined some policy thinktank convened by the Hong Kong chief executive CY Leung. He will now be shaping HK's policy rather than Singapore's.