• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Leather shoes for office work

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

poorest KG codger like me us the wear for at least, minimum 69 years.

can ask

@eatshitndie.

for work at the office, don't need sexpensive leather shoes. bata leather wing tipped slip-on shoes will do. only $169. slip-on is best as you don't need to sit down to tie shoe laces. in asia, men and women are required to remove shoes very frequently at own home or someone else's home. moreover, a loose shoe lace in sg will get shit and pee on it as you drag it through the (wet) floor of a pubic bathroom. get 2 pairs as you need to rotate them using one pair for mondays, wednesdays, fridays and other pair for tuesdays, thursdays, saturdays (for most companies, sg need to do away with saturday as a workday). both will last you at least 6.9 years as wear and tear in sg due to humidity and amount of walking are on the very high side. you may wish to keep an atas black pair ($696) in a box for special occasions such as weddings, gala dinners, opera nights, symphony evenings, black tie events, and funerals. no point having a sexpensive pair and wearing them daily for work.
1564807966002.png

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hey, why you follow my routine??? :biggrin:
i told claire my shoe rotation in her bata thread as she was surprised that her well heeled bf’s favorite shoe store was (lowly) bata. but i don’t wear bata as there’s no bata where i am. i rotate a pair of teva sports sandals. only $69 per pair. puppy chewed up the locking strap of the 1st 2 pairs, and i’m on my 3rd and 4th pairs now. i’ve been doing shoe rotation with dual pairs for the past 16.9 years.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
i told claire my shoe rotation in her bata thread as she was surprised that her well heeled bf’s favorite shoe store was (lowly) bata. but i don’t wear bata as there’s no bata where i am. i rotate a pair of teva sports sandals. only $69 per pair. puppy chewed up the locking strap of the 1st 2 pairs, and i’m on my 3rd and 4th pairs now. i’ve been doing shoe rotation with dual pairs for the past 16.9 years.
You still love Claire? :biggrin:

Baccara77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do not wear a pair of leather shoes for two consecutive days, because the leather needs a rest to get back in shape,
Thanks. Laksaboy made a very good point about shoes below $100. I owned many Bata shoes below $100 but none lasted more than a year. But my Dr Marten's lasted 10 years.

Baccara77

Alfrescian
Loyal
for work at the office, don't need sexpensive leather shoes. bata leather wing tipped slip-on shoes will do. only $169. slip-on is best as you don't need to sit down to tie shoe laces. in asia, men and women are required to remove shoes very frequently at own home or someone else's home. moreover, a loose shoe lace in sg will get shit and pee on it as you drag it through the (wet) floor of a pubic bathroom. get 2 pairs as you need to rotate them using one pair for mondays, wednesdays, fridays and other pair for tuesdays, thursdays, saturdays (for most companies, sg need to do away with saturday as a workday). both will last you at least 6.9 years as wear and tear in sg due to humidity and amount of walking are on the very high side. you may wish to keep an atas black pair ($696) in a box for special occasions such as weddings, gala dinners, opera nights, symphony evenings, black tie events, and funerals. no point having a sexpensive pair and wearing them daily for work.
View attachment 62419

As much as I dislike tying shoelaces, I find that shoes without shoelaces seem to lack a "nose". It reminds me of some of those Japanese/Korean cars that don't have a characteristic front grille. The reason BMW and Benz appear handsome must have been due to the unique front grille.
51op1z7XaPL.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As much as I dislike tying shoelaces, I find that shoes without shoelaces seem to lack a "nose". It reminds me of some of those Japanese/Korean cars that don't have a characteristic front grille. The reason BMW and Benz appear handsome must have been due to the unique front grille.
51op1z7XaPL.jpg
for me i prefer smooth surfaces, minimum design, and clean lines, like porsche. :biggrin:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Bally shoes are the best. Made in Switzerland and not Italy. But now, bought over by PRC chinks, so I expect the standard to fall.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
51op1z7XaPL.jpg
agree absolutely, hence foreskins are necessary to prevent sunburn :whistling:
for me i prefer smooth surfaces, minimum design, and clean lines, like porsche. :biggrin:
hanor, shiny hairless back and sides also look posh, telly savalas ko-jacked it into a fashion statement way back in the early 70's - the women substituted sucking lollis and made tea-bagging fashionable as a means get their way to the (kepala) top :rolleyes: