• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LATEST: Seng Han Thong may be disfigured with serious burns to right face

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Attacking one MP with shoes is one thing, an acid attack is another*.

I'm not sure if acid attacks are the best way to express one's unhappiness though. So while I express deep understanding on the reasons why people have felt so unhappy, I also do believe that there should be a time for us to ponder on how to express one's displeasure without actually doing action that gives some ordinary Singaporeans thoughts on whether did the opposition had planned this or not.

I mean, I'm certainly not saying nor implying people within the main parties have played a role in it...what I am referring to is that the PAP may use this incident as a way to spin the story in their direction, portraying them as victims and then implying that the attack came from individual members whom may be part of the opposition.

In any case, I don't believe that acid attacks on politicians is the best way, nor a way which I would endorse in any way. I would rather spar with him or her verbally and let the votes do the talking. I don't believe democracy means we have to fight like the Taiwanese do over there, or we have to throw acid the way some men do to their women in areas in South Asia.

*what I had made as an erroneous mistake is to say that it was an acid attack. It isn't true. Instead it was someone splashing oil on him and then the assailant lighting up after that. I apologise for my error.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Radio

I would agree on this violence should not be tolerated or supported in any form against anyone. Even if I disagree with Seng Han Toy or his party , my sympathy lies with his family.

Locke

Attacking one MP with shoes is one thing, an acid attack is another*.

I'm not sure if acid attacks are the best way to express one's unhappiness though. So while I express deep understanding on the reasons why people have felt so unhappy, I also do believe that there should be a time for us to ponder on how to express one's displeasure without actually doing action that gives some ordinary Singaporeans thoughts on whether did the opposition had planned this or not.

I mean, I'm certainly not saying nor implying people within the main parties have played a role in it...what I am referring to is that the PAP may use this incident as a way to spin the story in their direction, portraying them as victims and then implying that the attack came from individual members whom may be part of the opposition.

In any case, I don't believe that acid attacks on politicians is the best way, nor a way which I would endorse in any way. I would rather spar with him or her verbally and let the votes do the talking. I don't believe democracy means we have to fight like the Taiwanese do over there, or we have to throw acid the way some men do to their women in areas in South Asia.

*what I had made as an erroneous mistake is to say that it was an acid attack. It isn't true. Instead it was someone splashing oil on him and then the assailant lighting up after that. I apologise for my error.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is he the MP who was punched by a taxi driver?

senghtlips2.jpg

U say leh? KNN!

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<hr style="color: rgb(152, 152, 152); background-color: rgb(152, 152, 152);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> <table class="tborder" id="post142002" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="thead"><!-- / status icon and date -->http://www.sammyboy.com/showpost.php...2&postcount=48

</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="padding: 0px;"> <!-- user info --> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="6" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td nowrap="nowrap"> scroobal
user_offline.gif
<script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_142002", true); </script>
Alfrescian (S)
</td> <td width="100%">
</td> <td nowrap="nowrap" valign="top"> Join Date: Jul 2008
<fieldset class="fieldset"> <legend>My Reputation:</legend> Points: 123 / Power: 17
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
</fieldset>

</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!-- / user info --> </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt1" id="td_post_142002"> <!-- message, attachments, sig --> <!-- icon and title -->
icon1.gif
Re: Breaking News!!! Yio Chu Kang MP SENG Han Thong burnt, man arrested!
<hr style="" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by Ah Guan
Cheebye Seng Han Thong is a cocky bastard in real life.. I've heard many stories about him

His must have offended some pai kiah in his ward

I always wondered why PAP still keep this kind of character in their party... he must be a expert por lumpah dog there

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
He is indeed a cocky bastard. The guy who burnt him had his HDB flat repossesed
</td></tr></tbody></table>

<!-- / controls -->​
<!-- message, attachments, sig --><!-- post 142127 popup menu -->C'mon! We want the real news!! Not the one fabricated by mediacock & shitty times!!
29fdlad.jpg

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?t=14614

nextinfidel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Radio

I would agree on this violence should not be tolerated or supported in any form against anyone. Even if I disagree with Seng Han Toy or his party , my sympathy lies with his family.

Locke

you think his family would sympathise with you if you end up on roaming the streets with debts and nothing on your back?

nextinfidel

Alfrescian
Loyal
which ministry provides the security personnel when MPs on their walkabouts? MHA? is Wong Kan Seng trying to taichi MHA responsiblity again?

Police arrest suspect over attack on MP
By Asha Popatlal, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 11 January 2009 2103 hrs

Photos 1 of 1

Related News

• MP hospitalised after man pours flammable liquid on him, sets him on fire

Related Videos

Police arrest suspect over attack on MP

SINGAPORE : The suspect who poured flammable liquid on Member of Parliament (MP) Seng Han Thong and set him on fire, has been arrested by police.

The man, a resident in Mr Seng's ward and whom the MP has been trying to help, has been in and out of the Institute of Mental Health.

The suspect will be charged in court on Monday for voluntarily causing grievous hurt by dangerous weapons or means in connection with the case.

Under the Penal Code, the offence of voluntarily causing grievous hurt by dangerous weapons or means carries a penalty of either imprisonment for life, or with imprisonment for a term which may extend to 15 years, and the offender shall also be liable to a fine or caning.

Meanwhile, a steady stream of high-level visitors, including Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew, visited the Burns Unit in Singapore General Hospital where Mr Seng has been warded.

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, who visited Mr Seng at the hospital, said MPs have to be accessible as they have to meet residents.

Mr Lee said the MPs can take precautions, like in the case of Mr Seng, who - following a previous attack - had grassroots leaders to watch out for him.

But this time, despite all the precautions, the man slipped through.

Mr Lee added that MPs will be on their guard but they will be continuing with their grassroots activities.

Giving an update on Mr Seng's condition, Mr Lee said fortunately his eyes are okay - although he has burns on his face, arms and chest.

Deputy Prime Minister and Home Affairs Minister Wong Kan Seng, who called it a violent act, said police are investigating, and that the person who committed the crime will be dealt with, according to the law.

Mr Wong said: "The matter of what the reason is and whatever condition the person is in - that is no reason to commit such a crime against anyone, not just an MP.

"This is a very serious offence, when a person prepares and brings flammable material and goes and burns another person, regardless of whether the victim is an MP or not."

However, Mr Wong added that it was difficult to avoid such an attack.
He said: "You do not expect someone to throw something at you from the back and burn you, so even if you have taken precautions, it will be difficult to avoid such a matter.

"MPs are public figures, they are elected by the people, they have a service to perform and therefore they must be accessible and approachable. Therefore we do not want to set up a major security operation every time an MP is out doing his work."

A hospital spokesperson said Mr Seng was stable and sedated and resting in the Intensive Care Unit, and will probably undergo skin graft surgery on Monday. - CNA/ms

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in the hypocritical world of disbursing monetary "entitlements" and "benefits" to the poor, disadvantaged, and elderly for political points and propaganda, there's danger and risk of disenfranchising the bozos and rambos in the lunatic fringe. it's all or never. either give to all, or never start the charade. the raging freaks who feel marginalized and left out will strike with vengeance, sometimes for a buck or two. street bums would kill each other over a loose penny in the gutter. that's how desperate one gets when down at the lowest level. let this be an object lesson for the men in white. don't think you can get away with a dog and pony show. people's lives and dignity are at stake here. push too hard and phony, and the desperadoes will burn the house down.

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
In short, if these PAPPIES are trying to wayang too much - tok cock sing song and doing nothing, dig this:

GO EAT SHIT AND DIE !!!

in the hypocritical world of disbursing monetary "entitlements" and "benefits" to the poor, disadvantaged, and elderly for political points and propaganda, there's danger and risk of disenfranchising the bozos and rambos in the lunatic fringe. it's all or never. either give to all, or never start the charade. the raging freaks who feel marginalized and left out will strike with vengeance, sometimes for a buck or two. street bums would kill each other over a loose penny in the gutter. that's how desperate one gets when down at the lowest level. let this be an object lesson for the men in white. don't think you can get away with a dog and pony show. people's lives and dignity are at stake here. push too hard and phony, and the desperadoes will burn the house down.

acaraboy88

Alfrescian
Loyal
retribution

squander the $ overseas
buy Citibank UBS whatever
and lose big time
Ah Pek ask for small ang pow, cant get

retribution

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
retribution

squander the $ overseas
buy Citibank UBS whatever
and lose big time
Ah Pek ask for small ang pow, cant get

retribution

If one is ever so angry to seek revenge, its by winning in the polls(or helping the opposition parties' candidates to win by volunteering or by attending their rallies). No matter how much you dislike or even hate the guy, one shouldn't throw thinner and then try to burn him. That's wrong.

Therefore, I have to condemn the attack on MP Seng, even if I personally don't know him. I know my opponent doesn't play fair, but that doesn't mean I have to scoop down to his level in revenge.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
He must be thinking, "I am 70 years old, have past mental history and nothing to lose".

DentBurn.jpg

The risk for not giving Hong Bao.