• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Kenneth Lin: I was lied to

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://yoursdp.org/index.php/news/singapore/4343-kenneth-lin-i-was-lied-to

Kenneth Lin: I was lied to
Tuesday, 16 November 2010
Singapore Democrats

Sixteen-year-old Kenneth Lin spoke at the SDP's It's About You rally on 13 November 2010. He talked about how he became politically awakened after watching Seelan Palay's One Nation Under Lee which, incidentally, is one of the most viewed videos on Singapore's politics.

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/no5OGbvCeyM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/no5OGbvCeyM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Z

Zombie

i think, bringing religion (and his faith) into this is a no-no..

Teo Kok Eng

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's ok lah. He was sharing his experience, telling how he deal with the situation. He is a religious person but he was not preaching.

He is only 16 years old. Too bad he can't contest in the elections.

If he stay active in politics, people will get to know his face and he could well be on his way to parliament when he is old enough.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
This boy got to go out and see the world.

Ever since I turned 16, I think the govt is crap, education is crap and even NS is crap. Till I ROD and had the chance to pack my bags to work overseas in Taiwan. From Taiwan I was posted to Malaysia then Thailand. And from Thailand back to Taiwan and my last work trip to Myanmar. Close to almost 5 years, its enough for me. And now after I am back in Singapore, I can only say that we always think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence. Wait till you are on the side, you will understand why the grass on both sides is green.

This boy haven't seen anything worst. People who talk about Singapore being a communism govt should see how the myanmese army treat their own people and how the people are really living. It was an eye opener.

No one gets politically waken just from looking at a youtube video from Seelan. You can only be waken when you experienced for yourself the kind of lives people are leading elsewhere. If Kenneth thinks he has not been brainwashed, it's normal, because how can he admit it?

When SDP talks about Democracy, they actually sent SDP members to thailand to attend a forum from the Democrats party who took to power from a result of a military coup. And what a joke when the participant happily take photo with Abhisit the PM of Thailand who did not win an election at all.

Sometimes I just wonder, these people are fighting for a cause, but do they really know what they are fighting for? Or are they just fighting for the sake of fighting?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ever since I turned 16, I think the govt is crap, education is crap and even NS is crap. Till I ROD and had the chance to pack my bags to work overseas in Taiwan. From Taiwan I was posted to Malaysia then Thailand. And from Thailand back to Taiwan and my last work trip to Myanmar. Close to almost 5 years, its enough for me. And now after I am back in Singapore, I can only say that we always think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence. Wait till you are on the side, you will understand why the grass on both sides is green.

This boy haven't seen anything worst. People who talk about Singapore being a communism govt should see how the myanmese army treat their own people and how the people are really living. It was an eye opener.

No one gets politically waken just from looking at a youtube video from Seelan. You can only be waken when you experienced for yourself the kind of lives people are leading elsewhere. If Kenneth thinks he has not been brainwashed, it's normal, because how can he admit it?

When SDP talks about Democracy, they actually sent SDP members to thailand to attend a forum from the Democrats party who took to power from a result of a military coup. And what a joke when the participant happily take photo with Abhisit the PM of Thailand who did not win an election at all.

Sometimes I just wonder, these people are fighting for a cause, but do they really know what they are fighting for? Or are they just fighting for the sake of fighting?

so mudland, myanmar, thailand and taiwan are worse places compared to sinkieland?

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal

SilverFox,

are you a patriotic citizen of Singapore which many citizens are,I am too.

Why must our Singapore be compared to the worst,I know PAP thinks it gives all of us paradise but pl do not compare to hell.

Lets look at the thing which matters most to PAP-GDP ranking in 2009
On PPP term
4 Singapore 50,180

175 Burma 1,100

Pl spare us this!

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
SilverFox,

are you a patriotic citizen of Singapore which many citizens are,I am too.

Why must our Singapore be compared to the worst,I know PAP thinks it gives all of us paradise but pl do not compare to hell.

Lets look at the thing which matters most to PAP-GDP ranking in 2009
On PPP term
4 Singapore 50,180

175 Burma 1,100

Pl spare us this!

Stop all this whining. If the MONGREL who bit his masters' hands LOUDHAILER chee soon juan or RADM (minus 6 ranks) MS Goh were to run Singapore, Singapore may well be below Burma's position.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
so mudland, myanmar, thailand and taiwan are worse places compared to sinkieland?

You know Sinkieland is a fucked up place when its apologists have to trot out Myanmar every time someone mentions the PAPpies' oppressive ways. "Hey, at least we are not Myanmar." :oIo: :biggrin:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
You know Sinkieland is a fucked up place when its apologists have to trot out Myanmar every time someone mentions the PAPpies' oppressive ways. "Hey, at least we are not Myanmar." :oIo: :biggrin:

Aw spare us, loser. At least he has gone to all those places and seen the world. You frogs in the well only know how to whine and whine.

wahlaneh

Alfrescian
Loyal
wahlaneh...
it is said that children are the pillars of our next generation so is this boy beginning to show his budding colors in politics?

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is no-brainer question. I will add more no-brainer questions to pre-empt any more additions.

Do you want SM Goh to blast enemies of his personal assistants to pieces?

Do you want Sylvia Goh to take out her shoe and throw it at Wong KS, or Chiam ST to wrestle with Yaacob in Parliament House?

Do you want Arm Forces Chief, followed by Navy Chief, and then the Air Force Chief to stage coup d etats every few months?

Do you want our President to be king and everyone including the PM to knee and kowtow to him, and the peasants to worship him?

If the answer is "yes" to anyone of these 4 questions, then I think IMH is a good refuge for you.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its scary to know that our youth can get his mind change so easily over a video clip..

No need to fear lah.

Just promise to buy them an iPhone or iPad, and they can change their minds as fast as the models to these gadgets change.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal

I can only say if we think Singapore is bad, then outside is really not much better. Every country got its pros and cons. Boys at his age, should just enjoy school, and life, before they turn 18 and carry on more responsibilities after they get older. Before he watched the video he said he was skeptical. After he watched the video, he said he was awaken. A bit too drama rama. He said he wasn't brainwashed, I agree. He must have been brainfucked. Because no one should get influenced by a video. But from what he said, why his perception had changed started out from a video. If anyone sees his speech carefully, just have to ask him what form of injustice has he suffered? And then the part of bringing God into his speech, I almost choked. :cool:

wahlaneh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Were you choked when someone also bring in God in his speech. He said he experience peace after chanting maranatha

wahlaneh...
God even tells all Christians to honour and respect their govt, even to pray for those in authority and submit to them.
dun believe check out the Holy Bible lor.

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kenneth Lin: LKY was my hero until...

http://www.yoursdp.org/index.php/news/singapore/4343-kenneth-lin-lky-was-my-hero-until

Kenneth Lin: LKY was my hero until...
Tuesday, 16 November 2010
Singapore Democrats

Sixteen-year-old Kenneth Lin spoke at the SDP's It's About You rally on 13 November 2010. He talked about how he became politically awakened after watching Seelan Palay's One Nation Under Lee which, incidentally, is one of the most viewed videos on Singapore's politics.

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/no5OGbvCeyM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/no5OGbvCeyM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Kenneth Lin: LKY was my hero until...

One Nation Under Lee (complete video)
singaporerebel

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/17qhGIwyGj0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/17qhGIwyGj0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

A 45 minute documentary on Lee Kuan Yew, the founding father of modern Singapore and one of the world's remaining strongman. The film was seized by Government officials when it premiered at a private screening on 17th May 2008. Directed by Seelan Palay.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: Kenneth Lin: LKY was my hero until...

Should be in the "religious discussions" section. :rolleyes: