• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Just sharing.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The promises of God, in Him they are yes!

For as many as are the promises of God, in Him they are yes; therefore also through Him is our Amen to the glory of God through us. Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and anointed us is God, who also sealed us and gave us the Spirit in our hearts as a pledge.

2 Corinthians 1:20-22 NASB

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. Do not be led away by diverse and strange teachings, for it is good for the heart to be strengthened by grace,

Hebrews 13:8, 9a ESV

So that you come short in no gift, eagerly waiting for the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ, 8who will also confirm you to the end, that you may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

1 Corinthians 1:7-9 NKJV

But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth.

As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit--just as it has taught you, remain in him.

1 John 2:20,27 NIV

Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift:
Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God
is the object of our faith; the only faith
that saves is faith in Him.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
“That he may set him with princes.”

Psalm 113:8

Our spiritual privileges are of the highest order. “Among princes” is the place of select society. “Truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.” Speak of select society, there is none like this! “We are a chosen generation, a peculiar people, a royal priesthood.” “We are come unto the general assembly and church of the first-born, whose names are written in heaven.” The saints have courtly audience: princes have admittance to royalty when common people must stand afar off.

The child of God has free access to the inner courts of heaven. “For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.” “Let us come boldly,” says the apostle, “to the throne of the heavenly grace.” Among princes there is abundant wealth, but what is the abundance of princes compared with the riches of believers? for “all things are yours, and ye are Christ's, and Christ is God's.” “He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?” Princes have peculiar power.

A prince of heaven's empire has great influence: he wields a sceptre in his own domain; he sits upon Jesus’ throne, for “He hath made us kings and priests unto God, and we shall reign for ever and ever.” We reign over the united kingdom of time and eternity. Princes, again, have special honour. We may look down upon all earth-born dignity from the eminence upon which grace has placed us. For what is human grandeur to this, “He hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus”? We share the honour of Christ, and compared with this, earthly splendours are not worth a thought. Communion with Jesus is a richer gem than ever glittered in imperial diadem. Union with the Lord is a coronet of beauty outshining all the blaze of imperial pomp.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Was Jesus Capable of Sinning?

This is a question with far-reaching implications. The interpretative problem is how to reconcile two biblical passages:
“Let no one say when he is tempted, ‘I am being tempted by God’; for God cannot be tempted by evil, and He Himself does not tempt anyone” (James 1:13).​
Jesus is the Son of God, part of the eternal triune godhead. Therefore, being God, it would appear Jesus “cannot be tempted by evil.”
“For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin” (Hebrews 4:15).​
So, since Jesus is God He cannot be tempted by evil, yet He has been tempted in every way we are (and surely we are tempted by evil!). This is one of many paradoxes in Scripture. Paradoxes are not contradictions, but seeming or apparent contradictions that are unresolved in our minds, but resolved in God’s.
Some translations of Psalm 106:13-15 say “God was tempted” by the rebellion of His people in the wilderness. The better translation is probably tested, or put to the test. His people essentially tested whether God’s character was consistent and His promise of judgment would be carried out for their sin. As the passage shows, it was indeed carried out. The word “tempted” would be misleading if we think it meant God was drawn toward being inconsistent with His own holiness. He wasn’t. Someone could have “tested” Einstein by giving him a quiz with second grade addition and subtraction, but the fact that the teacher would give him a test doesn’t mean there would be any doubt about whether or not he would pass it.

Christ was tempted in that He had sinful options presented to Him, just as God did when He was tested/tempted in the wilderness by the rebellion of His people. But as God cannot be tempted (drawn toward evil), Jesus was not drawn toward the evil of disobeying His father, but He was drawn toward the good of having bread when He was hungry, and the good of not enduring unnecessary suffering (Luke 22:42).

We are accustomed to believing that in order for human battles and sports competitions to be real, both sides must be capable of losing. God and Satan are at war, but there is no possibility God will lose. Christ’s victory over Satan wasn’t just possible but absolutely certain.
That doesn’t mean the war is not real, nor does it mean it cannot be costly to the winner. Obviously Christ’s redemptive work was costly in the extreme. Satan’s head was crushed but Christ’s heel was badly bruised. At one point Christ’s head, by all appearances, was permanently crushed by death. That’s how real the battle was.

Christ was fully capable of suffering, even though not capable of sinning. The Greek words for trial and temptation come from the same root, and in fact the same word is used interchangeably for both. But trials usually come from the outside, and temptations are prompted by the outside but succumbed to on the inside. Christ was tempted like we are in the sense that as He faced life’s full hardships, including temptations in the form of wanting to avoid suffering if He could do so while remaining righteous. He genuinely desired to avoid pain and hunger, and underwent suffering like we do—and even far greater suffering.

It’s possible for a rowboat to genuinely attack a battleship, even though it is impossible for the rowboat to conquer the battleship. Jesus was truly tempted by the devil in the same way that a battleship can be truly attacked by a rowboat. Of course, He was genuinely hurt by His enemies, so by analogy maybe we could say the rowboat’s archers can successfully hit the captain and crew of the battleship with their arrows.

For the attack of Christ’s temptation to be real does not require that the attack has the capacity to succeed. Jesus was genuinely tempted, but that does not mean He had a susceptibility to sin. Unlike us in our present state, He had and has a permanently incorruptible nature.
That’s the only way we can know that there will never be another fall, another sin after the resurrection, since we will fully have the very righteousness of Christ. Because He cannot sin and has never been able to sin, we too will never be able to sin once we are glorified and fully like Him.

In other words, the capacity to sin was there in Adam and Eve even before they sinned. Sin for us now is not just a capacity but also a compulsion (Romans 7:19-25). Not that we have to sin, but there is a drive to sin within us. That drive was not in Jesus, who was and is intrinsically righteous.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
God is in control.
But Joseph said to them, "Do not be afraid, for am I in God's place? "As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good in order to bring about this present result, to preserve many people alive.

Genesis 50:19,20 NASB

And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

Romans 8:27,28 ESV

"Do not think that because you are in the king's house you alone of all the Jews will escape. For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father's family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?"

Esther 4:13-14 NIV

So Jehoahaz pleaded with the LORD, and the LORD listened to him; for He saw the oppression of Israel, because the king of Syria oppressed them.

Then the LORD gave Israel a deliverer, so that they escaped from under the hand of the Syrians; and the children of Israel dwelt in their tents as before.

2 Kings 13:4,5 NKJV

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
“Who shall lay anything to the charge of God's elect?”

Romans 8:33

Most blessed challenge! How unanswerable it is! Every sin of the elect was laid upon the great Champion of our salvation, and by the atonement carried away. There is no sin in God's book against his people: he seeth no sin in Jacob, neither iniquity in Israel; they are justified in Christ for ever. When the guilt of sin was taken away, the punishment of sin was removed.

For the Christian there is no stroke from God's angry hand — nay, not so much as a single frown of punitive justice. The believer may be chastised by his Father, but God the Judge has nothing to say to the Christian, except “I have absolved thee: thou art acquitted.” For the Christian there is no penal death in this world, much less any second death. He is completely freed from all the punishment as well as the guilt of sin, and the power of sin is removed too. It may stand in our way, and agitate us with perpetual warfare; but sin is a conquered foe to every soul in union with Jesus.

There is no sin which a Christian cannot overcome if he will only rely upon his God to do it. They who wear the white robe in heaven overcame through the blood of the Lamb, and we may do the same. No lust is too mighty, no besetting sin too strongly entrenched; we can overcome through the power of Christ. Do believe it, Christian, that thy sin is a condemned thing. It may kick and struggle, but it is doomed to die. God has written condemnation across its brow. Christ has crucified it, “nailing it to his cross.” Go now and mortify it, and the Lord help you to live to his praise, for sin with all its guilt, shame, and fear, is gone.

“Here's pardon for transgressions past,
It matters not how black their cast;
And, O my soul, with wonder view,
For sins to come here's pardon too.”

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why Did Jesus Have To Cleanse The Temple?

Jesus cleansed the Temple twice, but why did He do it? What was the purpose?

Jesus Cleanses the Temple
When Jesus saw all of the money changers taking advantage of those coming to exchange their currency to pay their Temple taxes and to buy animals for sacrifice for the Passover, Jesus quoted Jeremiah when He said, “Has this house, which is called by my name, become a den of robbers in your eyes? Behold, I myself have seen it, declares the LORD” (Jer 7:11).

Jeremiah was saying this in the context of rebuking the nation of Israel, who wrote, “if you truly amend your ways and your deeds, if you truly execute justice one with another, if you do not oppress the sojourner, the fatherless, or the widow, or shed innocent blood in this place, and if you do not go after other gods to your own harm, then I will let you dwell in this place, in the land that I gave of old to your fathers forever” (Jer 7:5-7), so Jeremiah tells them that “this house, which is called by my name, become a den of robbers in your eyes? Behold, I myself have seen it, declares the Lord,”and in fact the Lord did see it; then and in Jesus’ day, so when Jesus went into “the temple he found those who were selling oxen and sheep and pigeons, and the money-changers sitting there.

And making a whip of cords, he drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and oxen. And he poured out the coins of the money-changers and overturned their tables. And he told those who sold the pigeons, “Take these things away; do not make my Father’s house a house of trade” (John 2:13-16). To be clear, Jesus never whipped one person or one animal. He only used the whip to drive out the livestock, but never used the whip on any man or beast (Matt 21:12). He did overturn the money changers tables, but you can certainly understand why.

The Courtyard
Most biblical scholars understand that Jesus cleansing the Temple was no small accomplishment. For one thing, it was a huge operation. The part of the temple that Jesus cleansed was called the courtyard and was as far as the Gentiles could go, but the courtyard was filled to the brim with all sorts of livestock and birds which were all sold or exchanged for the sacrifices at the Temple, and this was not just a small farmer’s market.

When Passover came, Jerusalem swelled to nearly half a million travelers who came to Jerusalem to make their Passover sacrifice. Josephus computed the number of Jews present in Jerusalem at Passover to be no fewer 3,000,000, and those Jews would need a lot of animals to sacrifice; whether a lamb or a bird, whichever the family could afford, so the number of lambs alone would be about a quarter of a million lambs if there were one lamb per family of 10 or so, but conservative estimates may be closer to about 300,000, at least in Jesus’ day. Still, that’s a lot of animals and in a relatively small area, and then there were the money changers who may have numbered in the thousands.

A Den of Thieves
The Jerusalem Temple sat on top of the Temple Mount, which covered about thirty-five acres, so there was sufficient space for hundreds of money changers, and since it was impossible for some of the Jews coming to Jerusalem to bring their own animals to be sacrificed, they had to buy some once they entered Jerusalem, but the problem was they were being taken advantage of, or really, exploited. One example was when they came to pay the obligatory temple tax, they often had to exchange Roman coinage into the acceptable currency.

When the Pilgrims came, often from long distances, the money changers forced the Pilgrims into paying exorbitant exchange rates for their currency, so both the money changers and sellers (of livestock) were exploiting the poor, and overcharging even the poorest man’s offering (Lev 5:7). This is why Jesus cleansed the temple. He was angry at their taking advantage of the Jews. The Temple was full of thieves and greedy merchants, and sadly, the very ones responsible for all this merchandising were the priests, and they were putting their blessing on it by allowing it, because by allowing it, they were condoning it.

Still Cleaning the Temple
Jesus is coming again to cleanse the earth of sin but first of all, will deal with those who refuse to repent and trust in Christ (Rev 20:12-15). The Scriptures tell us Jesus cleansed the temple twice, once shortly after His ministry began (John 2:13-17), and another time, late in His ministry, during the Passover week (Matt 21:12), but today, Jesus is still cleansing the temple, but not the one you generally think of. Jesus was so angry at these robbers, so He “would not allow anyone to carry anything through the temple. And he was teaching them and saying to them, “Is it not written, ‘My house shall be called a house of prayer for all the nations’? But you have made it a den of robbers” (Mark 11:16-17). Today, the temple is our bodies, and for believers, the temple is no longer necessary because the Holy Spirit dwells in and lives in every believer. It is just as the Apostle Paul wrote; our “bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit” (1st Cor 6:19), so even though Jesus might not have to make a whip out of cords, He does have to discipline us in love.

Conclusion
It is no coincidence that Jesus died at the exact moment that the Passover lamb was slain…at 3:00 PM. That’s when Jesus gave up His spirit and returned to the Father, and although Jesus never died, His physical body did, but Jesus cannot die since He is God. His death was a physical death of His body, but not the death of His Person, because He is God. God cannot die, and speaking of death, Jesus said, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this” (John 11:25-26)? I hope you do believe that.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bless the Lord and Magnify His Name!
I will bless the LORD at all times;
His praise shall continually be in my mouth.

My soul will make its boast in the LORD;
The humble will hear it and rejoice.

O magnify the LORD with me,
And let us exalt His name together.

I sought the LORD, and He answered me,
And delivered me from all my fears.

They looked to Him and were radiant,
And their faces will never be ashamed.

Psalm 34:1-5 NASB

And Mary said, "My soul magnifies the Lord,
and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,

For he has looked on
the humble estate of his servant.
For behold, from now on all generations
will call me blessed;

For he who is mighty
has done great things for me,
and holy is his name.

Luke 1:46 - 59 ESV

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
“Who went about doing good.”

Acts 10:38

Few words, but yet an exquisite miniature of the Lord Jesus Christ. There are not many touches, but they are the strokes of a master's pencil. Of the Saviour and only of the Saviour is it true in the fullest, broadest, and most unqualified sense. “He went about doing good.” From this description it is evident that he did good personally. The evangelists constantly tell us that he touched the leper with his own finger, that he anointed the eyes of the blind, and that in cases where he was asked to speak the word only at a distance, he did not usually comply, but went himself to the sick bed, and there personally wrought the cure.

A lesson to us, if we would do good, to do it ourselves. Give alms with your own hand; a kind look, or word, will enhance the value of the gift. Speak to a friend about his soul; your loving appeal will have more influence than a whole library of tracts. Our Lord's mode of doing good sets forth his incessant activity! He did not only the good which came close to hand, but he “went about” on his errands of mercy. Throughout the whole land of Judea there was scarcely a village or a hamlet which was not gladdened by the sight of him.

How this reproves the creeping, loitering manner, in which many professors serve the Lord. Let us gird up the loins of our mind, and be not weary in well doing. Does not the text imply that Jesus Christ went out of his way to do good? “He went about doing good.” He was never deterred by danger or difficulty. He sought out the objects of his gracious intentions. So must we. If old plans will not answer, we must try new ones, for fresh experiments sometimes achieve more than regular methods. Christ's perseverance, and the unity of his purpose, are also hinted at, and the practical application of the subject may be summed up in the words, “He hath left us an example that we should follow in his steps.”

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Is Love Your Drug... Or Your Message?

Question...what do you get when you combine a blond pop singer, the California desert, a semi-sketch looking bearded be-turbaned man, an elephant, and an assortment of visual and lyrical trippy/hippie references?

Why Kesha's video for "Your Love is My Drug" of course! And after watching it and reading the lyrics multiple times...actually just once...I think I've stumbled upon the deeper meaning behind this multilayered production:

The love from Kesha's video-dude is just like a drug addiction ! See how I put that together???

And here's how she rolls these concepts together-

I don't care what people say
The rush is worth the price I pay.
I get so high when you're with me
But crash and crave you when you leave.

I guess on some level she is correct. There is definitely a type of altered state feeling you can get from the chemical reactions caused by being around someone you *dig*...but I would hardly call that love.

An obsession? Yes. A codependent addiction? Yes again. And unfortunately it is the way many teenagers try to classify one of the most difficult concepts in the universe:

Love

Think about all the ways we use this simple word-

I love cheese.

I loved that movie!

I love my dog.

Don't you just love an Iced Single Vente, 7 pump Peppermint, Caramel Sauce Top and Bottom, Light Ice, No whip, Mocha?

Your love is my drug.

See what I mean? So no wonder we're often confused and more often than not making poor and self-destructive choices in our relationships. If only there was a clear and concise definition of love that could be our foundation and filter for all of life.

I have great news for you...there is! And it is not the work of a mere human; it is from the very mind of God and penned in His Word:

Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. Three things will last forever-faith, hope, and love-and the greatest of these is love (1 Corinthians 13:4-7;13).

I'm sure you can see the contrast between this beautiful description of love and a song about being a 'love-sick crackhead' - right?

This is the kind of love that is the very opposite of a self-seeking desire to get relationally high, rather it is a focus and determination to seek out the best for everyone God brings into our world. It doesn't seek to 'get,' rather it is always on the lookout to 'give' to others.

Can you imagine how different the world would be if everyone made this passage their game plan for life?

So if you are confused about love, join the club. But trust me, if you internalize God's definition and live it out in your day-to-day life, love will go from being a drug to an opportunity to experience life in its fullest and most fulfilling way.

And remember that God didn't just give us this definition of love...He actually demonstrated it:

God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. So now we can rejoice in our wonderful new relationship with God because our Lord Jesus Christ has made us friends of God (Romans 5:8, 11).

The truest love in the universe was lived out when Jesus Christ gave up His own life so we could have a relationship with our heavenly Father. Now it is our turn to pay that love forward by not only seeking out the best for others, but sharing the message of John 3:16:

For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

Sure I get why Kesha wanted to have some fun making money a video about obsessive affection, but as Christians we need to remember that the world is dying to see the love of God shine through us and hear the message of the gospel spoken by us.

Is love your drug...or your message?

Think through how you have treated your family and friends this past week, then compare it with the list of characteristics in 1 Corinthians 13:4-7. Pick out a few areas to work on, and pray for God to give you an opportunity to share how God showed His love to the world by sending His Son Jesus to die.

He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' " (Luke 10:27).

By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another" (John 13:35).

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends (John 15:13).

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Life Into The Dead
===================

Open supernatural doors in my life today.

Save and set free!

Give me a double portion of your Spirit as I take back
everything that the devil has stolen: Emotional Health,
Physical Health, Finances, Relationships, Job, Home & Marriage.

I cancel every plot, plan and scheme the enemy has devised
against me, in the MATCHLESS NAME OF JESUS.
And I declare: NO WEAPON FORMED AGAINST ME WILL PROSPER.

I speak LIFE into every dead situation.

And, I thank You that nothing is over into my life and to my
situations. My household is blessed; my health is blessed,
my marriage is blessed, my finances are blessed, my mother is
blessed and my husband is on the way.

IN JESUS NAME!

AMEN!

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
We Are Iron Men

Sometimes a movie just knows that it is off the chain in its total awesomeness...

Enter Iron Man 2 - easily one of the most anticipated sequels of all time. I know I was ready for it during the closing credits of the first one, and now Tony Stark is way back and way badder than ever.

Yes, cool gadgets - sarcastic banter -megaexplosions and effects abound and create a Wal-Mart of eye candy, and just like the first time, I would just about give my right arm to suit up and dominate the evil dudes in Iron Man fashion.

Obviously that is not going to happen, but there is an armored suit available to Christians that in many ways provides the same protection and weaponry, one that lights up the spiritual world like Stark in a village full of terrorists. Here is the description of the conflict we face and the incredible "suit" you have hanging up in the closet of your soul:

A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on all of God's armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.

Therefore, put on every piece of God's armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm. Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God's righteousness. For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared. In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil. Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere (Ephesians 6:10-18).

The war that Paul describes here is not against earthly terrorists, communists, or anything that is flesh and blood. This conflict is in the spiritual arena - and it is definitely not for the weak or the wimpy. Every day the unseen forces of Satan and his army are arrayed against you. They are firing off the missiles of deception, discouragement, temptation, and opposition, so you'll give up the battle and your calling from the Captain of our Salvation: Jesus Christ.

But let me tell you as one who is stationed on the field of battle in Denver, Colorado, that suiting up and engaging the enemy is more exciting than any movie I've ever seen.

Don't believe me? Then I triple dog dare you to take your armor for a test run this week. And to make sure that you are properly fitted, let me walk you through the steps that Paul gave us:

First, put on the belt of truth - which means speaking/ living truthfully and with integrity.

Next, position the breastplate of righteousness - which is living in obedience to God's will and Word because He has completely forgiven you.

Don't forget the boots of readiness - which is a willingness to share the gospel message with anyone, anywhere, anytime.

Raise up the shield of faith - which is hiding behind the promises of God when Satan sends a onslaught of lies and temptations your way.

Protect your mind with the helmet of salvation - which is a constant remembrance that the penalty and power of sin is broken in your life , so don't believe the negative messages from the Devil that you are guilty and worthless.

Finally, be sure and draw the sword of the Spirit - which is God's Word. Along with prayer, this is your offensive weapon to strike the heart of the enemy with incredible force. So powerful in fact, that this is the result:

We are human, but we don't wage war as humans do. We use God's mighty weapons, not worldly weapons, to knock down the strongholds of human reasoning and to destroy false arguments. We destroy every proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God. We capture their rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ (2 Corinthians 10:3-5).

Picture an army of believers who are protected with the very armor of God and armed with His living Word. God uses this mighty force to stop spiritual terrorism and start a revolution for His Cause - making disciples who make disciples!

Each morning when you get up, pray through the spiritual armor list and ask God to give you opportunities to share the gospel. I absolutely guarantee your life will take on new and unexpected twists!

Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour (1 Peter 5:8).

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-his good, pleasing and perfect will (Romans 12:21).

You are all sons of the light and sons of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness. So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be alert and self-controlled. For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, get drunk at night. But since we belong to the day, let us be self-controlled, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet (1 Thessalonians 5:5-8).

Thought For The Day

"You can tell the size of your God by looking at the size of your worry list. The longer your list, the smaller your God."

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
do. Click Here to enter a name
Seek Him and He will be found of you
"Hear me, Asa, and all Judah and Benjamin.

The LORD is with you while you are with Him.
If you seek Him, He will be found by you;
but if you forsake Him, He will forsake you.

For a long time Israel has been
without the true God,
without a teaching priest,
and without law;

But when in their trouble they turned
to the LORD God of Israel, and sought Him,
He was found by them."

2 Chronicles 15:2-4 NKJV

"Then you will see and be radiant,
And your heart will thrill and rejoice;

Because the abundance of the sea
will be turned to you,
The wealth of the nations will come to you.

Isaiah 60:5 NASB

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
“All that the Father giveth me shall come to me.”

John 6:37

This declaration involves the doctrine of election: there are some whom the Father gave to Christ. It involves the doctrine of effectual calling: these who are given must and shall come; however stoutly they may set themselves against it, yet they shall be brought out of darkness into God's marvellous light. It teaches us the indispensable necessity of faith; for even those who are given to Christ are not saved except they come to Jesus. Even they must come, for there is no other way to heaven but by the door, Christ Jesus. All that the Father gives to our Redeemer must come to him, therefore none can come to heaven except they come to Christ.

Oh! the power and majesty which rest in the words “shall come.” He does not say they have power to come, nor they may come if they will, but they “shall come.” The Lord Jesus doth by his messengers, his word, and his Spirit, sweetly and graciously compel men to come in that they may eat of his marriage supper; and this he does, not by any violation of the free agency of man, but by the power of his grace. I may exercise power over another man's will, and yet that other man's will may be perfectly free, because the constraint is exercised in a manner accordant with the laws of the human mind.

Jehovah Jesus knows how, by irresistible arguments addressed to the understanding, by mighty reasons appealing to the affections, and by the mysterious influence of his Holy Spirit operating upon all the powers and passions of the soul, so to subdue the whole man, that whereas he was once rebellious, he yields cheerfully to his government, subdued by sovereign love. But how shall those be known whom God hath chosen? By this result: that they do willingly and joyfully accept Christ, and come to him with simple and unfeigned faith, resting upon him as all their salvation and all their desire. Reader, have you thus come to Jesus?

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What Is The Purpose Of The Beatitudes

The Beatitudes have many lessons for us, so here is what Jesus was teaching in Matthew chapter 5.

Jesus’ Audience
When Matthew chapter 5 opens, Jesus saw the crows and went up to a mountain, and “his disciples came to him” (Matt 5:1c), so this greatest sermon, at the beginning, might have appeared to only be for the 12 disciples, but His sermon continues into chapter 6 and up to the end of chapter 7, where Jesus concludes it, and we’re finally made aware of who the audience includes: “And when Jesus finished these sayings, the crowds were astonished at his teaching, for he was teaching them as one who had authority, and not as their scribes” (Matt 7:28-29).

He went up to a mountain so that the crowds could hear Him, and remember, Jesus was a carpenter for many years, working with timbers and stones as well as perhaps, furniture, so He was a man’s man to be sure, so He likely had a booming voice, otherwise the crowds could not have heard Him as well as when He was speaking to the Jews in the Temple. Since Jesus had to climb a mountain in order to be heard, we can assume that there was a very large crowd present, and at about this point, Jesus was reaching the peak of His popularity during His earthly ministry.

Today the crowd is considerably larger (via the Bible), but that crowd included His disciples, a majority of the Jews, but in the gospels, we know there were certain Gentiles present too. In the end, the audience was them and the audience is us, and all who would read. The late Dr. J. Vernon McGee says that the Beatitudes point to a believer’s life in the kingdom, although there are some immediate implications for us (Matt 5:10-12), but the audience today is clearly anyone who opens and reads these teachings.

Be-Attitude
I remember hearing a pastor say that the Beatitudes are a “be-attitude,” which means we must be intentional in doing them, but in Matthew 5, which is where the Beatitudes reside, there are some very difficult things to do. How can we rejoice “when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account” (Matt 5:11)? For one thing, you’re in great company, so there’s reason to rejoice and be glad, since “they persecuted the prophets who were before you” (Matt 5:12b).

Also, Jesus clearly teaches that what we do for others, good or bad (Acts 9:4-5), we are doing it to Him (Matt 25:40), so anything we do can either hurt the Body of Christ or we can help its witness before the world, but it must never be for our own glory or to be seen of others. Our intent is only to glorify God and Jesus Christ, and anything we do manage to do that is good is only because of Him Who strengthens us and enables us to do good (Phil 4:13), and Who has laid out these works for us to walk in (Eph 2:10). God is seeking such to worship Him in spirit and in truth (John 4:24), but it is not just an attitude, because attitude is not enough. To do good to those who are poor in spirit, those who are mourning, the meek, and the hungry, those in the prisons, nursing homes, and shut-ins (Matt 25:35-39; James 1:27), is also to do to Christ Himself (Matt 25:40)

Blessed Beyond Measure
The blessings that come upon those who are listed in Matthew chapter 5 are blessings that can come to all of us. They might be poor in spirit (or broken); they might be mourning over a lost loved one, the sin and suffering in the world, or their own sin; they might be meek because the closer you get to God and knowing Him, the smaller we get; they might be those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, which is only found in Christ and recorded in His Word; and they will be blessed for extending mercy by receiving mercy; and those who have clean hands and a pure heart before God, will someday see God (Rev 21:3, 22:4); and blessed are those who seek to be a peacemaker, instead of one who stirs up contention and strife, they will be called the sons and daughters of God (Matt 5:9).

Even better, “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven” (Matt 5:10). Some Christians are more blessed than others in this area, but even if you are persecuted for your faith, and all believer’s will be (2nd Tim 3:12), and it shouldn’t surprise us when it does happen as something strange(1st Pet 4:12), but this is just what Jesus said was coming, so “when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you” (Matt 5:11-12).

Conclusion
It’s not about who we are, but Whose we are, and for those who’ve trusted in Christ, it is a beautiful thing to know you can stand before God wearing Jesus’ very own righteousness (2nd Cor 5:21), but it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of God (Heb 10:31), either after death (Heb 9:27) or at Christ’s return (Rev 1:7). Did you realize that when you “Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you” (Matt 5:44), it is “so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust” (Matt 5:45)? Besides, “if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same” (Matt 5:46)? It’s not hard to live out these beatitudes; it’s impossible. We can’t do this outside of Christ (John 15:5). These things we do for Christ don’t save us, but we do these things for Christ because He commands us and has purchased us by His own blood. These will all be fulfilled when the kingdom of God arrives with its King, Jesus Christ.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Chosen by Him...Walk in Love
So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience; bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you.

Colossians 3:12,13 NASB

I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

Ephesians 4:1-3 ESV

But in all things we commend ourselves as ministers of God: in much patience, in tribulations, in needs, in distresses, in stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labors, in sleeplessness, in fastings; by purity, by knowledge, by longsuffering, by kindness, by the Holy Spirit, by sincere love,

2 Corinthians 6:4-6 NKJV

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
“Him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.”

John 6:37

No limit is set to the duration of this promise. It does not merely say, “I will not cast out a sinner at his first coming,” but, “I will in no wise cast out.” The original reads, “I will not, not cast out,” or “I will never, never cast out.” The text means, that Christ will not at first reject a believer; and that as he will not do it at first, so he will not to the last.

But suppose the believer sins after coming? “If any man sin we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.” But suppose that believers backslide? “I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him.” But believers may fall under temptation! “God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.” But the believer may fall into sin as David did! Yes, but he will “Purge them with hyssop, and they shall be clean; he will wash them and they shall be whiter than snow”; “From all their iniquities will I cleanse them.”

“Once in Christ, in Christ for ever,
Nothing from his love can sever.”

“I give unto my sheep,” saith he, “eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.” What sayest thou to this, O trembling feeble mind? Is not this a precious mercy, that coming to Christ, thou dost not come to One who will treat thee well for a little while, and then send thee about thy business, but he will receive thee and make thee his bride, and thou shalt be his for ever? Receive no longer the spirit of bondage again to fear, but the spirit of adoption whereby thou shalt cry, Abba, Father! Oh! the grace of these words: “I will in no wise cast out.”

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Is your hut burning?

The only survivor of a shipwreck was washed up on a small, uninhabited island. He prayed feverishly for God to rescue him, and every day he scanned the horizon for help, but none seemed forthcoming.

Exhausted, he eventually managed to build a little hut out of driftwood to protect Him from the elements, and to store his few possessions. Then one day, after scavenging for food, he arrived home to find his little hut in flames, the smoke rolling up to the sky. The worst had happened; everything was lost.

He was stunned with grief and anger. "God, how could you do this to me!" he cried.

Early the next day, however, he was awakened by the sound of a ship that was approaching the island. It had come to rescue him. "How did you know I was here?" asked the weary man of his rescuers. "We saw your smoke signal," they replied.

It is easy to get discouraged when things are going bad. But we shouldn't lose heart, because God is at work in our lives, even in the midst of pain and suffering. Remember, next time your little hut is burning to the ground-it just may be a smoke signal that summons the grace of God.

For all the negative things we have to say to ourselves, God has a positive answer for it.

You say: "It's impossible"
God says: All things are possible (Luke 18:27)

You say: "I'm too tired"
God says: I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28-30)

You say: "Nobody really loves me"
God says: I love you (John 3:16 & John 13:34)

You say: "I can't go on"
God says: My grace is sufficient (II Corinthians 12:9& Psalm 91:15)

You say: "I can't figure things out"
God says: I will direct your steps (Proverbs 3:5-6)

You say: "I can't do it"
God says: You can do all things (Philippians 4:13)

You say: "I'm not able"
God says: I am able (II Corinthians 9:8)

You say: "It's not worth it"
God says: It will be worth it (Roman 8:28)

You say: "I can't forgive myself"
God says: I FORGIVE YOU (I John 1:9 & Romans 8:1)

You say: "I can't manage"
God says: I will supply all your needs (Philippians 4:19)

You say: "I'm afraid"
God says: I have not given you a spirit of fear (II Timothy 1:7)

You say: "I'm always worried and frustrated"
God says: Cast all your cares on ME (I Peter 5:7)

You say: "I don't have enough faith"
God says: I've given everyone a measure of faith (Romans 12:3)

You say: "I'm not smart enough"
God says: I give you wisdom (I Corinthians 1:30)

You say: "I feel all alone"
God says: I will never leave you or forsake you (Hebrews 13:5)

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brother Beensetfree,

Praise God for your faithfulness! I don't know about others, but many of the messages really touched me.

All the best and a Big Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Psalm23

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi brother Psalm23 yes the messages touch me in a real way too....many of them.

May you and your loved ones have a blessed Christmas and a fruitful and productive 2019 for the Lord.

Brother Beensetfree,

Praise God for your faithfulness! I don't know about others, but many of the messages really touched me.

All the best and a Big Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Psalm23

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
We Are His Workmanship!
The Lord made us and He will complete
that which concerns us...

I will bow down toward your holy temple
and will praise your name
for your love and your faithfulness,
for you have exalted above all things
your name and your word.

The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me;
your love, O LORD , endures forever-
do not abandon the works of your hands.

Psalm 138 2, 8 NIV

The LORD was pleased for His righteousness' sake
To make the law great and glorious.

Isaiah 42:21 NASB

Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me!
For my soul trusts in You;

And in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge,
Until these calamities have passed by.

I will cry out to God Most High,
To God who performs all things for me.

Psalm 57:1,2 NKJV

Being confident of this very thing,
that he which hath begun a good work in you
will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Philippians 1:6 KJV