• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jobs for elderly?

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if im not wrong, last time macdonald employs elderly who still willling to work for their income. at least, there are jobs for them.
altho we know in sg, u have to work until die.

right now, i notice even the elderly who wish to work have no job opportunites even in macdonald.

macdonald employing the FT. so where can the elderly find jobs and where can elderly work now?
even they wans to work, their jobs also been vie by the FT.

govt tell me why?
:oIo:

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
On one hand, they ask u to keep upgrading your skills and adopt life-long learning

On the other hand, they allow lots of FT to enter Sinkapore to compete for these jobs that Sinkies can do

Funny, isn't it?

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes, itz damn funny.

of course upgrading is for our good. we spent the extra time, effort to take up
courses and yet, so sorry no jobs available. jobs are given to FT.

den the govt telling me that upgrade is gd but you are wasting time?:oIo:

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
if im not wrong, last time macdonald employs elderly who still willling to work for their income. at least, there are jobs for them.
altho we know in sg, u have to work until die.

right now, i notice even the elderly who wish to work have no job opportunites even in macdonald.

macdonald employing the FT. so where can the elderly find jobs and where can elderly work now?
even they wans to work, their jobs also been vie by the FT.

govt tell me why?
:oIo:

Govt. employ them too! Look at LKY, Jayakumar, GCT.......... they are elderly and in need of money(?)!!
Quit grumbling...................

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i work 2 jobs that pay $800 combined just to have 2 meals a day and already 69 years old .... really "'gau um dim'' already ....:( 100,000 akan datang, i lose job si beh jia lat leh ....:(

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
the only job for old folks with no paper qualification is look after jum-ban.
that's why so many old folks loitering around void deck daily, waiting to die.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ederly have jobs....if you define 'Ederly' as between 30-40 years old.

After 40 years is old and low/no skill, one become End-Of-Life (EOL) products and will be thrashed.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
imo, dey also need to survive and dey have prob finding jobs.
and i believe macdonald is their way out but the govt is taking tis away from
them.

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
imo, dey also need to survive and dey have prob finding jobs.
and i believe macdonald is their way out but the govt is taking tis away from
them.

It's good that you are voicing anger at this now..
Fight for the old and when you grow old, you won't suffer the same shit

If everyone ignores this situation.. well.. you know what's gonna happen

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

I govt has already told you that families should send their elderly to JB and leave them to die there. :rolleyes:

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I govt has already told you that families should send their elderly to JB and leave them to die there. :rolleyes:
why? are u goin to do the same?:rolleyes:

nw is tat dey wan to work not dey dun wan to. futhermore, i believe dey also
dun wan to add burden to their children family. or maybe dey have abandon by their children.

the govt might as well use the tekong island as a disposal ground.:oIo:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Elderly should be retiring, no more working, sadly this happens in SG, fuck the gov :oIo::oIo::oIo:

jacobsgoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Govt. employ them too! Look at LKY, Jayakumar, GCT.......... they are elderly and in need of money(?)!!
Quit grumbling...................

I don't know about the other 2, lky's job is very secure so long his son remains as ProxyMinister, anyway these 3 + 1 [prataman] people do have 'Special' skills.

Last edited:

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know about the other 2, lky's job is very secure so long his son remains as ProxyMinister, anyway these 3 + 1 [prataman] people do have 'Special' skills.

Sure, sure ........
BUT why aren't they affected by renewals & rejuvenations?????????? How come they are exempted? Why are they exceptions to the Rule :oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ederly have jobs....if you define 'Ederly' as between 30-40 years old.

After 40 years is old and low/no skill, one become End-Of-Life (EOL) products and will be thrashed.

There is a ministar in the PMO on climate control, very soon in the future, you will hear this, quote "Det. Thorn: “You tell everybody. Listen to me, Hatcher. You've gotta tell them! Soylent Green is people! We've gotta stop them somehow!”
(Charlton Heston as Det Thorn in Soylent Green)

One day you will see trucks rumbling down the road, with the green "S" symbol....bringing you food... and you will know Sam Bawang Green is people.........in a future near you...:p

Mentri_Besar_emas

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think u baedeh lah. If u work 2 jobs, u have no time to see Sammy site la!
69 ?, u can retire lah, eat porridge everyday can survive another 10years, good enoff leh> then go see Allah.. take it easy.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think u baedeh lah. If u work 2 jobs, u have no time to see Sammy site la!
69 ?, u can retire lah, eat porridge everyday can survive another 10years, good enoff leh> then go see Allah.. take it easy.

bluther! last time I can go temple street, China town, SINgapore, raise my two legs on the wooden bench, eat 'muay' ( porridge) with, 'giam chye' ( salted vegetable), 'tor tau' ( steamed groundnuts), & one 'giam nerng' ( salted eggs) can still eat past 69 & see......:p but nowadys teochew muay is so expensive & I go ask Viven..he scold me, "ask me, if I want to see a plate of char kway teow ( which I still can not afford) or foier gras ( out of reach), how?:(....

jw5

Loyal
There are so many elderly local cleaners in hawker centres, foodcourts, fast food places and coffee shops these days.
Yet, there are so many foreign food servers around, like those who man the economy rics stalls.
Surely, the elderly local cleaners can do the jobs of food servers? If they are willing to be cleaners, I'm quite sure they will be happy to be food servers at the foreigners' pay.
This government has become really appalling.