• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

It is not possible to have good opposition in Singapore. So Embrace the PAP!

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
every country has their own problem and for tiny dot island who cares really.

LKY is nobody on the world map. And only if the ship route is blocked maybe somebody may kaypoh or kpkb blocking their shipments.

Only need a small crack inside PAP and it is done deal And PAP will crack wide open and collapse.

it benefit them to maintain the system rather than shaking the system. I doubt PAP will collapse anytime soon.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You're right ....there is no good opposition but there is a good party ready to take over the government after we toss out the PAP.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
you are so naïve brain washed to think the PAP is a good political party.

No wonder this country can only go this far and your LKY said you are daft?

So maybe can i ask which "Alternative Govt" that you claimed has build a reputation of a SAFE SG???

Which govt or party was the one that build the reputation of a good medical be it hardware or software for SG??? Worker's Party or SDP???

You mean after all the work that someone has done, you're saying that alternative party should come in n take over from the pioneer govt to claim the credit???

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
you are so naïve brain washed to think the PAP is a good political party.

No wonder this country can only go this far and your LKY said you are daft?

If you have been so mature, you wouldn't be even quoting us a statement "No wonder this country can only go so far"....

The recognition given to SG n the govt by other countries leaders are not something that can be denied by you n me... Fools like u like to compare SG to Switzerland but even the leader of Switzerland praises SG n its leader...

You mean China is naive enough to sent their officials from the Corrupt Bureau to learn from SG CPIB???

Why does Hubei Province governer have to invite officials from Singapore to YiChang city for their infrastructure n water plant????

You mean fools like u n those CROWS are mature enough to think but not other countries leaders???

Talk with your brains please!!!

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're right ....there is no good opposition but there is a good party ready to take over the government after we toss out the PAP.

Who's the GOOD PARTY??? Enlighten us PLEASE!!!

WP??? SDP??? Or those CROWS that only know how to hide behind a computer to scream n yell everyday in this forum???

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Let's face it, at this point in time, there is no Opposition Parties capable of taking over the Government.

However, that does not mean that PAP should monopolies the government. There should be check and balance and that is the role of Opposition Parties. We should continue to vote in parties like the WP, whereby they are more moderate. They do not oppose PAP for the sake of opposing. That is the correct way for democracy to progress in Singapore.

If we give PAP absolute power, as in the past. They get high handed and that is no good.

Last edited:

ILovePAP

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let's face it, at this point in time, there is no Opposition Parties capable of taking over the Government.

However, that does not mean that PAP should monopolies the government. There should be check and balance and that is the role of Opposition Parties. We should continue to vote in parties like the WP, whereby they are more moderate. They do not oppose PAP for the sake of opposing. That is the correct way for democracy to progress in Singapore.

If we give PAP absolute power, as in the past. The get high handed and that is no good.

Well Said. Can Up my points? :biggrin:

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal

If we give PAP absolute power, as in the past. The get high handed and that is no good.

I agree with some of the points you mentioned. But looking back at the nation n society, do you think SG is good to have too much voices...

Honestly, I'm not a fan of LKY but the way he handles things really impressed me... If not SG would not have turn itself to a country with so much recognition is a short 48 years!!! Even super power country like China are learning from SG govt n LKY, which means other leaders have seen something in him and his team...

Just to quote u an example i just experience over the weekend... As usual i went for my soccer match on Sunday with my frienz in Wuhan, when the care-taker of the pitch heard my tone was not local, he ask me where i came from... When i replied him Singapore, do you know what's the first reaction he gave me??? He replied me in chinese "牛B"

Maybe you can check on the internet what does it mean by "牛B" in China... Not only this once, many a times when i claimed that i comes from SG no matter in China or Taiwan, i'm well-received... This is what LKY have done to the nation n how others from outside look at Singaporeans n SG...

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I agree with some of the points you mentioned. But looking back at the nation n society, do you think SG is good to have too much voices...

Honestly, I'm not a fanE of LKY but the way he handles things really impressed me... If not SG would not have turn itself to a country with so much recognition is a short 48 years!!! Even super power country like China are learning from SG govt n LKY, which means other leaders have seen something in him and his team...

Just to quote u an example i just experience over the weekend... As usual i went for my soccer match on Sunday with my frienz in Wuhan, when the care-taker of the pitch heard my tone was not local, he ask me where i came from... When i replied him Singapore, do you know what's the first reaction he gave me??? He replied me in chinese "牛B"

Maybe you can check on the internet what does it mean by "牛B" in China... Not only this once, many a times when i claimed that i comes from SG no matter in China or Taiwan, i'm well-received... This is what LKY have done to the nation n how others from outside look at Singaporeans n SG...

In the past maybe no. Now that we have progressed economically and literacy rate too, so is about time we be a mature democratic country.

A single voice can get things done fast and maybe efficient. But there is no check and balances.

Last edited:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
I know what 牛B means....Awesome!

but when my Ah Tiong friends used it..it sounds like Cow's big Chee Bye! :biggrin:

Last edited:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why not? Lots of capable people are shunning politics because of the PAP. Take them out and the people will step forward. Not many people are willing to have their career demolished just because they opt to participate in politics.

And given the current talent pool in the PAP - a minister who steals toothpicks, a minister that cannot focus on the top issues instead deal with triviality like cleaning of ceilings of hawker centres, an MP who is constantly seeking limelight etc - they are easily replaceable.

There is NO checks and balances because the PAP has put its people throughout the system. The system will need a total flush and then the constitution change so that no party can ever monopolize the system ever again like the PAP has.

Last edited:

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the past maybe no. Now that we have progressed economically and literacy rate too, so is about time we be a mature democratic country.

A single voice can get things done fast and maybe efficient. But there is no check and balances.

That is the contradicting point here... If we want checks, we need a voice but at the same time it may affect other issues...

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That is the contradicting point here... If we want checks, we need a voice but at the same time it may affect other issues...

Come on, it is not black or white..... There is grey also....

That was also my point earlier. We need constructive Opposition. Praise PAP if they are right. Whack then if they are wrong. Do not oppose for the sake of opposing....

Last edited:

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why not? Lots of capable people are shunning politics because of the PAP. Take them out and the people will step forward. Not many people are willing to have their career demolished just because they opt to participate in politics.

And given the current talent pool in the PAP - a minister who steals toothpicks, a minister that cannot focus on the top issues instead deal with triviality like cleaning of ceilings of hawker centres, an MP who is constantly seeking limelight etc - they are easily replaceable.

There is NO checks and balances because the PAP has put its people throughout the system. The system will need a total flush and then the constitution change so that no party can ever monopolize the system ever again like the PAP has.

Isn't it contradicting when so many anti-PAPs here claimed that minister are so well-paid but yet those who have a chance shun from it???

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
Come on, it is not black or white..... There is grey also....

That was also my point earlier. We need constructive Opposition. Praise PAP if they are right. Whack then if they are wrong. Do not oppose for the sake of opposing....

I agree with Grey Area coz i luv Grea Areas