• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is LHL Serious about Re-taking Aljunied GRC?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The northeast is red. i never like the new wp flag they now use in public. i still prefer the old party flag they use only at town council.

The East is red sounds too communist and may not go down well with many Singaporeans. Blue is also normally associated with friends..friendly people are Blue.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Times have changed. And yes, i do expect a teacher, nurse, police officer or Singtel tech to vote against the pap if they are unhappy with the pap. Why shdn't they?

I've never voted for PAP when I was with police and NTUC. Police act neutral and never participate in campaigning except for security. NTUC openly declare support for PAP and mid management even had to arrange for junior staff and agents to attend PAP rallies. Nevertheless at the polling booth, I've never voted for PAP.

Last edited:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NTUC openly declare support for PAP and mid management even had to arrange for junior staff and agents to attend PAP rallies. Nevertheless at the polling booth, I've never voted for PAP.

NTUC can arrange for her staffs to help or attend PAP rallies but cannot make them vote for PAP.
NTUC president declares support for PAP, that's 1 vote for PAP lor. :biggrin:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've never voted for PAP when I was with police and NTUC. Police act neutral and never participate in campaigning except for security. NTUC openly declare support for PAP and mid management even had to arrange for junior staff and agents to attend PAP rallies. Nevertheless at the polling booth, I've never voted for PAP.

Thanks for sharing...We know that the Police is supposed to be neutral but it's still comforting to hear confirmation that Police is indeed neutral.

I am sure there is nothing in the Civil Service to tell govt servants to vote for the pap. A day will come when it's an honour for civil servants to vote against the pap.

Those govt servants who spread the rumour that they have to vote for the pap are indeed b.lless.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NTUC can arrange for her staffs to help or attend PAP rallies but cannot make them vote for PAP.

the NTUC president shows that he is an obedient dog. I am glad that many NTUC members did not follow him but instead voted according to their conscience

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Did the Police or NTUC discreetly tried to coerce or persuade their members to vote pap?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It's weird. NTUC Chief, a pap minister, telling NTUC management that he is standing for election at East Coast GRC. shouldnt the NTUC Chief divorce himself politically when he wears the the Trade Union hat and declare himself politically neutral, allowing NTUC management and members to truly vote according to their preferences and beliefs? or am I too idealistic?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did the Police or NTUC discreetly tried to coerce or persuade their members to vote pap?

Sideswipe is correct. There's no way to force anyone to vote for PAP. There's also no way to trace individual votes. In Police, we didn't even talk about politics and voting, just do our duties as assigned. In NTUC, yes, there's implied persuasion to vote for PAP, but not to the extent of coercion.

Can any NTUC staff refuse to attend any political rally arranged by NTUC?

It's not forced, but attending PAP rallies carries staff activity paricipation points, helpful for those wanting promotion.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sideswipe is correct. There's no way to force anyone to vote for PAP. There's also no way to trace individual votes. In Police, we didn't even talk about politics and voting, just do our duties as assigned. In NTUC, yes, there's implied persuasion to vote for PAP, but not to the extent of coercion.

Good to hear that..so we need to spread this message more so that the more timid staff are not intimidated to vote against their prefernce and conscience

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TracyTan866 said:
Thanks for sharing...We know that the Police is supposed to be neutral but it's still comforting to hear confirmation that Police is indeed neutral.

I am sure there is nothing in the Civil Service to tell govt servants to vote for the pap. A day will come when it's an honour for civil servants to vote against the pap.

Those govt servants who spread the rumour that they have to vote for the pap are indeed b.lless.

In fact, civil servants are told they are apolitical and not supposed to take part in political activities. Because of the mass misunderstanding. WP had to tell the electorate at the last election that their votes were secret which was true (it is not to say that it is not possible to find out how you vote but it is a cumbersome process and unless you are really somebody important, it is practically impossible to do it). The PAP on the other hand elected to keep their silence in order to propagate the fear that it was not.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TracyTan866 said:
Can any NTUC staff refuse to attend any political rally arranged by NTUC?

They used the term "volunteer" but since sever of their senior bosses were standing for election so you are urged to volunteer your support for the bosses. There must be a lot of pressure and personal struggle in this. I think it is wicked to submit your staff to this.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In fact, civil servants are told they are apolitical and not supposed to take part in political activities. Because of the mass misunderstanding. WP had to tell the electorate at the last election that their votes were secret which was true (it is not to say that it is not possible to find out how you vote but it is a cumbersome process and unless you are really somebody important, it is practically impossible to do it)..

Singaporeans need to show courage and wisdom. We should not be afraid nor be cowed to do what we believe is right. If, voting against the pap is right, it's our duty and right to do so. Even if the pap finds out, so what? It is not wrong nor an offence to exercise our right to vote for who we want.

If all Singaporeans are knowledgeable and wise, the pap will be in deep trouble

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The PAP on the other hand elected to keep their silence in order to propagate the fear that it was not.

It's to the pap's advantage should singaporeans is fearful to vote against the pap. that's why the pap is happy to keep singaporeans fearful and ignorant

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They used the term "volunteer" but since sever of their senior bosses were standing for election so you are urged to volunteer your support for the bosses. There must be a lot of pressure and personal struggle in this. I think it is wicked to submit your staff to this.

Yes, it is wicked, unethical and wrong. One day, this mishandling of staff will blow up in NTUC's face

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
You girls dont know. Its NS guys culture. Oi, who want to volunteer to wash toilet? Nobody volunteer izzit? (NCO anyhopw point 2 he dont like) OK you and you volunteer. KNN for those 2 arrowed and LOL for the rest LOL

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You girls dont know. Its NS guys culture. Oi, who want to volunteer to wash toilet? Nobody volunteer izzit? (NCO anyhopw point 2 he dont like) OK you and you volunteer. KNN for those 2 arrowed and LOL for the rest LOL

hahaha, is that how people got tasked in NS? dont the NS guys complain or protest? no wonder govt agencies like NTUC bully SG guys..they know SG guys r b.lless and subservient. They prefer not to do that to SG gals...

Look at Gayle Goh, Melanie Teo who even answered and retorted LKY who became speechless. It must be the first time LKY was retorted and snubbed by a SG gal in front of a public audience.

We need more SG gals

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hahaha, is that how people got tasked in NS? dont the NS guys complain or protest? no wonder govt agencies like NTUC bully SG guys..they know SG guys r b.lless and subservient. They prefer not to do that to SG gals...

Look at Gayle Goh, Melanie Teo who even answered and retorted LKY who became speechless. It must be the first time LKY was retorted and snubbed by a SG gal in front of a public audience.

We need more SG gals

sounds like illogical assignment of tasks and abuse of authority...totally senseless. no wonder SG guys detest and hate NS..