• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Interesting People You Met During National Service

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Even that, just have to tahan for 7 days. Big brother will come to our rescue.

Though this time the identify of this big brother is abit blurred out. Not sure if its the jak kantang one or the jak mala hotpot one. :biggrin:

No help will come. Why? And if it does, it will be 2 months after a UN resolution.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
hahaha....hooray, my idol got it right for once and he is so proud.....
he didn't know that the info can be obtained from open literature and he thought it was some top secret.......shiok sendiri.......lol.

SO u Finally arrived. I am waiting for you to call me a double empty vessel and say I don't what I am talking about, u dumbshit.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I am surprised that an armour guy like u will fall for the "fight in jungle terrain" crap. Who told you this? No one ever won a war by fighting in the jungle. In the end, even the Vietcong had to come out of the jungle to capture the major cities and airbases to finally win the Vietnam war. If the enemy wants the jungle, the SAF will happily let them keep it. We want the ports, cities, railroads, etc.

If you want to do FIBUA, and u will need to do it to win, u need a tank to go into the city with your ground forces. It provides instant direct fire support for any assualt. The big question here is that the Leo is untested in tank vs tank combat. Most other main battle tanks in the world have engaged other tanks in battle, but not the Leo as far as I know. Therefore, we will not know if this tank has any weaknesses like the T-72. Its 100% probability that the Leo 2 120mm will penetrate the PT-91 with a APFSDS shot. Its not known if the PT-91 125 mm can penetrate the Leo with an APFSDS shot. Leo armour is different from chobham derived armour. My guess is within the 2000 m range, I think PT-91 can kill the Leo. ST Eng. modified the Leos they bought, but its not up to the latest standard.

Bro, if you've been north you should know that FIBUA is no good to us, Malaysian roads are too narrow and too steep. Hell the main road into Malaysia via JB already is a trap in waiting. Sniper/Anti-tank/obstacles await us the very moment we masuk.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I am no tankee too, just an uneducated guy making guesses. You can still choose as it has 2 rotating 6 round magazines. The disadvantage of this is once all rounds expended, it has to hide somewhere to reload manually. Most of the time, in a modern war, a tank like that would typically not outlive its magazine capacity.

U can reload on the firing line. It slows the fire rate to 2 or 3 a min. But that is what the firing rate is for a typical MBT anyway.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
er... only left the super heavy leo2 plus the cannot mention centurion. i think they are fiddling with the BX chasis and mount a 105 on it. dont think it will work.

They have been trying to do that for a long time. ST Eng is really screwing up on this. Until they get it right, it will still be the AMX-13 in the reserves. A couple of years back, I talked to an ST guy, and they are still debating whether 105mm or 120mm main gun to use for this new light tank. WTF. As far as i am concerned, 105mm low recoil gun is good enough, but I think they are trying to squeeze in a 120mm. There are existing light tanks of good design out there they can buy off the shelf. But they are still screwing around. U can tell there are issues with the BX chasis.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Some say the West is the best, some say the North is a good worth :biggrin:

Personally, both of them won't really care as we don't have oil and our most strategic worth to them now is to park their laundered assets :biggrin:

all the more they'll want to protect our ass.

knowing pinky he'll probably tell them if they wont help we'll hug together and die (抱着一起死). :biggrin:

No help will come. Why? And if it does, it will be 2 months after a UN resolution.

Pinky and his old man before him spent many years sucking up to the angmo and recently the tiongs.

They might not come but will flex some of their muscles.

The UN is about as good as our CPF, all for show and no good for anyone. Look at Syria. :biggrin:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
HAahha, not like the T55 lah. T55 need all the above, and must be left handed too as the 100mm main loaded from that side. For asian race, finding midgets is no problem, for Russians, finding left handed midgets is a problem. LOL.

uncle, your time maybe a lot of midgets but the diet now more protein rich, now average height taller. and being reservist, waistline also get bigger. trust me, i was an end user, it a bloody tight fit.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am surprised that an armour guy like u will fall for the "fight in jungle terrain" crap. Who told you this? No one ever won a war by fighting in the jungle. In the end, even the Vietcong had to come out of the jungle to capture the major cities and airbases to finally win the Vietnam war. If the enemy wants the jungle, the SAF will happily let them keep it. We want the ports, cities, railroads, etc.

i beg to defer. by holding those area, they can threaten the Main Supply Route so die die have to flush them out. A lot of officers always like to think it will be a manly tank vs tank scenerio but if i am the other side commander, i make sure i will only take on saf on my own term.

Prometheus888

Alfrescian
Loyal
. Not sure if its the jak kantang one or the jak mala hotpot one. :biggrin:

Scarly nobody comes to the rescue because they already got a nice deal signed up for an eastern base in the south china sea located in redang.... hahahaha then we are really farked....

nanjingren

Alfrescian
Loyal
Neo Lam Tong was one of the best officers in 5 SIR. He passed out from 3rd batch OCT and was a good friend of my uncle. Being a country boy he was one of the best in topography and actually lead the battalion out of some sticky situation in Bersatu Padu in Malaysia.

One memorable day in Section Leaders, being the tallest in the platoon, he was their marker. Unfortunately he could not march to save his life. He was screwed by the Platoon Sgt and was punished and send to the rear while someone else became the marker. He was very upset and cried as he really tried his best.

Last I heard he owned an orchid farm and the papers reported a Hunter jet crashed in his farm(his name was mentioned) in Lim Chu Kang and that was like 20-30 years ago.

I believe he was initially OC Charlie Company @ 2 SIR, which was then under the command of Lt Col Mahinder Singh & after which, Major Narinjan Singh.