• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Interesting People You Met During National Service

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interesting Thread.

The souped up Centurions would be wasted on board a ship. It is not in Taiwan. We always pay these games. An SPH journalist called it "Defence Creep". There is an internal operational term for it. The country's assets may not be in the name of this country but they are there to cover our interest. Our proxies are now allowed to join the dots. I mentioned that our Air Force is bigger than OZ/NZ combined and our retired Maj K still was not aware of this commonly known fact. We might not have fooled foreigners but we certainly fooled our own Military Officers.

Our air force is the biggest because Helen Clark stupidily ended New Zealand's offensive capabilities

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is this chap Gavin Chay? He is LTC now. Kenna hanta kaki like shit. Took him over 20 years to go from Capt. to LTC. Only promoted 2 ranks. Seow on fucker got trained in Indian Army OCS, where he was tekanned by the apunehs there and butt raped by them. Izzit the same Chay?

Not the same Chay. My Chay does not have an English / "Christian" name.
My friend Chay is a scholar.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Apologies for not being clear. Warrant Officer from PLAB. Most people usually call him Warrant Paul for short.

No worries, i think its the same gentlemen. IIRC he was an instructor at AFS before he left the service.

He's now a student, down under.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Good point, key tank killers but air supremacy is required plus still vulnerable to Manpads.

you give the AD guys too much credit.

Of the 3 manpads we have, 2 are not good enough even for Anti tank use.

Left with the frenchie one that might could still handle this task.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
look like bro wuqi also a product of gedong.

i no tankee but i remember amx13 is auto loader so the gunner will have to lan lan shoot whatever was loaded already b4 he can select the HE/AP for the next target, rite?

The loader is considered semi auto, not full auto. U can mix the revolver drums, eg. left drum is AP, right drum is HE. AP rounds are usually kept in the turret basket, and can be manually loaded by the TC. Its not an issue to change from HE to AP, its just a little longer in betwen shots.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Why not? We already have Leopard 2s why do we still need Centurions? And why keep it a secret?

If you go overseas to study for 4 years and stay in the uni dormitory, do you leave behind all your clothes, your clock, your stereo, Tv, etc. for the dorm? Or, do you take them with you when u leave? Ask this kind of stupid questions.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Our air force is the biggest because Helen Clark stupidily ended New Zealand's offensive capabilities

SO, u are saying NZ had the biggest air force, and we were number 2. Than we are now the biggest after Clark ended the NZ offensive capabilities? Stop with the Stupid statements.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Like the T55, BX turret crew best under 1.6m and no more than 70kg, if not, it will take a lot of effort to get the brushmaster going.

HAahha, not like the T55 lah. T55 need all the above, and must be left handed too as the 100mm main loaded from that side. For asian race, finding midgets is no problem, for Russians, finding left handed midgets is a problem. LOL.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Ignore them tank vs tank

There won't be a tank vs tank battle around here, too little space to maneuver. Most tankees might agree on this.

An concentrated armour spearhead into Singapore will become an armour bottleneck, while a concentrated armour spearhead north however is a debatable. Easy peasy target from the air, no tactical sense unless one party has total air supremacy/superiority

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Yes, 90mm good as a defensive weapon but pretty hard pressed at long range against most MBTs.
I would always use HE against soft, lightly armoured troop carriers. Much better than to just punch a hole
with an ap dart. HE toasts the APC/IFV as well as the infantry. Better to cook them than to have them disembark and shoot at you with AT weapons.

The best dual purpose round would be the HEAT round. There is a 75mm HEAT round, but we don't have it. I don't know why, I can only guess at the reason.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
There won't be a tank vs tank battle around here, too little space to maneuver. Most tankees might agree on this.

An concentrated armour spearhead into Singapore will become an armour bottleneck, while a concentrated armour spearhead north however is a debatable. Easy peasy target from the air, no tactical sense unless one party has total air supremacy/superiority

I don't agree, there will be tank vs tank, that is for sure. There is not going to be wide open manoevring space like in the desert. But the way that the SAF employ the tank (AMX-13) for mobile fire support for individual infantry regiments, it will encounter tanks when the regiment encounters tanks. Furthermore, important installation like airports, shipping ports, etc will be guarded by tanks and it will take another tank assualt to capture them.

There will be no armour spearhead into singapore, they don't need direct frontal attack. They will starve us out.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There will be no armour spearhead into singapore, they don't need direct frontal attack. They will starve us out.

Even that, just have to tahan for 7 days. Big brother will come to our rescue.

Though this time the identify of this big brother is abit blurred out. Not sure if its the jak kantang one or the jak mala hotpot one. :biggrin:

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Even that, just have to tahan for 7 days. Big brother will come to our rescue.

Though this time the identify of this big brother is abit blurred out. Not sure if its the jak kantang one or the jak mala hotpot one. :biggrin:

Some say the West is the best, some say the North is a good worth :biggrin:

Personally, both of them won't really care as we don't have oil and our most strategic worth to them now is to park their laundered assets :biggrin:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Leo2 is designed to fight at the fluda gap but will be hardpressed to fight in jungle terrain. it wont be a single spearhead along the NS highway to KL. it wont work and leo2 too heavy for the bridges plus the main gun a liability in closed terrain, which basically everywhere out of urban area.

pound for pound, the modified T72 still no match for leo2 but if the mats have half a brain, they should able to defeat the leo2 by making use of the terrain. no matter what, their armoured brigade are led by officers and nocoms who had combat experience wheras ours officers have the standard of Zhao She.

I am surprised that an armour guy like u will fall for the "fight in jungle terrain" crap. Who told you this? No one ever won a war by fighting in the jungle. In the end, even the Vietcong had to come out of the jungle to capture the major cities and airbases to finally win the Vietnam war. If the enemy wants the jungle, the SAF will happily let them keep it. We want the ports, cities, railroads, etc.

If you want to do FIBUA, and u will need to do it to win, u need a tank to go into the city with your ground forces. It provides instant direct fire support for any assualt. The big question here is that the Leo is untested in tank vs tank combat. Most other main battle tanks in the world have engaged other tanks in battle, but not the Leo as far as I know. Therefore, we will not know if this tank has any weaknesses like the T-72. Its 100% probability that the Leo 2 120mm will penetrate the PT-91 with a APFSDS shot. Its not known if the PT-91 125 mm can penetrate the Leo with an APFSDS shot. Leo armour is different from chobham derived armour. My guess is within the 2000 m range, I think PT-91 can kill the Leo. ST Eng. modified the Leos they bought, but its not up to the latest standard.