• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I'll give it another 6 months.....

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
For example, sweeping statements are made about how the government leaves to elderly to die in the gutters. However, life expectancy statistics paint an entirely different picture. Singapore is right up there with the best. Same goes for infant mortality. Singapore is always in the top 3 spots year after year.... hardly the sign of a government that is neglecting the health of its people..

The tax, hidden or not, is so high but the White Scums spend how much on healthcare?

Then there's the blame game where the government is held responsible for individual human failings such as gambling addiction. Nobody is forced to gamble in Singapore. The weak willed and the gullible opt to go down that path out of their own free will. Instead of giving these punters a hiding, the government faces the rap instead. .

Agree. But the White Scums should at least have the moral courage to admit, those 2 gambling dens are gambling dens. And do away with that admission fee.

It's the hypocrisy and pretentiousness that are repulsive.

Another example.. the COE.. the government doesn't set the price. Sinkies are the ones who decide how much to bid based on what they feel is the value of owning a car. When it hits $100,000, it's because that's the value Sinkies place on the 10 year period it is valid for. .

Agree. If the COE system will be you-pay-what-you'd-bid. Oh and make sure the car retailers are not allowed to bid for their customers

I'm becoming really tired ............

That's to be expected when you are trying to defend the defensible

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am utterly sick of your supermoderator with the nick "The Moderator" and his manipulative bullying.
People like him are worse than the pap.

Scroobal?

This forum is deteriorating, turning into the very fascist and elitist creature that the folks here have been railing against in their impassioned (generally pro-Singapore, anti-PAP) rantings over the years. Quality of posts has dropped; good guys are staying away; bickering and factional politics have crept in to fill the vacuum; a conservative partisan stance has usurped the hitherto democratic discourse; egotistical and boorish behaviour dominates. Respect gets flushed down the drain; gratitude is nowhere to be seen.

I suspect Sam feels the same way too; it's his prerogative to do whatever he wants with the forum. I'll be sad to see it go, but I understand.

Thanks for the ride, Sam. It's been good – in the main – while it lasted.

Troll

Alfrescian
Loyal
So is this forum closing or not? The anti-PAP sentiment will continue to grow with or without this forum. Despite what has been touted by some pro-establishment forumers, after being called daft by LKY, more and more Singaporeans are waking up.

There will always be some people who are so immature to the extend that even their pet fish died they also blame PAP. But I believe most of us are more balanced minded and just see the need for more balance of power in the Parliament, in order to move ahead in the future. PAP does not have the monopoly to the best ideas, never has been, and never will.

Even without this forum, I believe the awakening of fellow Singaporeans will continue elsewhere.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
So is this forum closing or not? The anti-PAP sentiment will continue to grow with or without this forum. Despite what has been touted by some pro-establishment forumers, after being called daft by LKY, more and more Singaporeans are waking up.

There will always be some people who are so immature to the extend that even their pet fish died they also blame PAP. But I believe most of us are more balanced minded and just see the need for more balance of power in the Parliament, in order to move ahead in the future. PAP does not have the monopoly to the best ideas, never has been, and never will.

Even without this forum, I believe the awakening of fellow Singaporeans will continue elsewhere.

From what i have seen in my short time in this forum i really have a hard time believing that any awakening has happened in here. So yeah, it probably won't matter at all.

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i have a strong hunch that this forum has certain impact or influence on the world affairs,

No wonder I often get the funny feeling that the ministers are saying what I have already said months ago in these pages. You mean we really assert such a strong influence on local and world (!!!) affairs?

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No wonder I often get the funny feeling that the ministers are saying what I have already said months ago in these pages. You mean we really assert such a strong influence on local and world (!!!) affairs?

I like to have what you're snorting. :rolleyes:

mojoe

Alfrescian
Loyal
but sadly, more than 90% of the drivel here is conjured up by people with sub par intelligence and who have lived a sheltered existence.

This describes best the Father knows best attitude, so ingrained in PAP. Leongsam, this bug has gotten you too. The sentiments expressed here are the result of policies that have affected them, else why the drivel. They all have the power, not your kind of power or reputation points, at the ballot box. It makes no difference whether Yahoo, Facebook or the blogs go into oblivion for it will surface somewhere. Like the others it is an indicator. The content is irrelevant, tha sentiment is paramount. Those that come here to read it, try to gauge it. That we are incapable of intelligent discourse is not yours alone. How the PAP thinks is what matters. They too think that the masses are incapable of it. Social media has reshaped the political environment in the last 5 years. I too am given to this knid of thoughts. eg The current PAP leadership also comprise people with "sub par" intelligence ... the result a widening income gap, excessive numbers of foreigners, loss of one GRC, loss of two by elections and etc.

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
not only you, me too felt that way...

we may have indirectly cause the assertion of impact but it's not our fault cos' it the mainstream media that showcase the news first...

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Your vulgarities level is OK. Its the rest of us that has to cut back.

bro,
if you had been following what me had posted since May 06, some 10K posts clocked in Delphi, some 8K posts here, the total number of vulgarities in this year alone is more than those covered in previous years... :eek::eek::eek:

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I hereby announce to the forum that after a long period of intense deliberation, I have aligned myself firmly with the PAP.

I was a fool and a sucker in the past to be hook winked by opposition propaganda. I supported lousy policies and lousy politics simply because they were espoused by the opposition. I have awoken now.

The PAP is leading us onto the right path for the future. Its policies are good and the leadership is constantly renewed. Now is the time for me to throw my hat with the PAP.

I will be supporting PAP and its policies in this forum from now on.

Majulah PAP!

Majulah Singapura!