• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

If you don't hear from me again, it was good while it lasted

Yoshitsune

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The wind is picking up steadily..... the sky has turned grey and threatening.... pressure has dropped and humidity has increased.

The neighbors are busy boarding up their windows and putting away their outdoor furniture. Sandbags are being filled throughout the neighborhood. Those with diesel generators have just fired them up to make sure they work.

This looks very bad. Because I spend so much time taking care of this forum, I have done no preparation whatsoever. The only measures I have taken have been to present offerings to Nāga.

I can't help feeling that the end is near. :*:

I offer u my condolences and will burn u hell money. Pity that newbie small time competitor. As in all business ventures, unless one has no competitors, the first few months will be tough while his rivals businesses have stabilized. :biggrin:

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha once in a while Leongsam comes up with a doomsday thread but nothing ever happens.

What's different this time?

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Check the fine print on your insurance coverage.

It is a Cat 2 cyclone.
------------------------------------------------------------

Tropical Cyclone Category System

CATEGORY 1 (tropical cyclone)
Negligible house damage. Damage to some crops, trees and caravans. Craft may drag moorings.
A Category 1 cyclone's strongest winds are GALES with typical gusts over open flat land of 90 - 125 km/h.
These winds correspond to Beaufort 8 and 9 (Gales and strong gales).

CATEGORY 2 (tropical cyclone)
Minor house damage. Significant damage to signs, trees and caravans. Heavy damage to some crops. Risk of power failure. Small craft may break moorings.
A Category 2 cyclone's strongest winds are DESTRUCTIVE winds with typical gusts over open flat land of 125 - 164 km/h. These winds correspond to Beaufort 10 and 11 (Storm and violent storm).

CATEGORY 3 (severe tropical cyclone)
Some roof and structural damage. Some caravans destroyed. Power failures likely.
A Category 3 cyclone's strongest winds are VERY DESTRUCTIVE winds with typical gusts over open flat land of 165 - 224 km/h.
These winds correspond to the highest category on the Beaufort scale, Beaufort 12 (Hurricane).

CATEGORY 4 (severe tropical cyclone)
Significant roofing loss and structural damage. Many caravans destroyed and blown away. Dangerous airborne debris. Widespread power failures.
A Category 4 cyclone's strongest winds are VERY DESTRUCTIVE winds with typical gusts over open flat land of 225 - 279 km/h.
These winds correspond to the highest category on the Beaufort scale, Beaufort 12 (Hurricane).

CATEGORY 5 (severe tropical cyclone)
Extremely dangerous with widespread destruction.
A Category 5 cyclone's strongest winds are VERY DESTRUCTIVE winds with typical gusts over open flat land of more than 280 km/h.

Last edited:

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Leong, sit tight !

I will send the hair bear bunch to help. If still cannot, the ghost busters will be on their way.:o

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
It has become more gusty.... autumn leaves are being stripped from the branches.....