• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I thought about my mum after watching this video, you may too.........

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thank you zhihau.

RonRon I think you're gonna get many points soon. More please about Mother Theresa Kwa we are dying to hear more.

When the last leaf for LKY falls, and a thread started about Dads, he will be writing another eulogy. Then all of us will cry...

With joy.:biggrin:

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
My new year resolution. I want to make sure she knows that I love her and I will never abandon her. That my debts to her can never be repaid even if I can live my life all over again.

Crying over spilt milk? Crocodile tears? Did the North Korean teach you this? Have you done something very wrong to repent here?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I am sorry for your loss but you have already done your best for her. Best way to repay her is to live happily and live your life to the fullest.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you for your kind words wuqi

Joe hear me out k? There is a silver lining to the passing of your beloved late wife. She was truly your wife when you buried her.

My ex who left me to marry someone else who passed away some time back, I can share with you a little secret. She wasn't his wife. Catch my drift?

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This video reminds me of the late Ms Kwa Geok Choo, the founding mother of the modern Singapore......

Of all things, why do you have to mention this dead person who had no relationship with most of us and then go on to spin an incredulous fairy tale?

It only confirms that you are a PAP paid shill. And a very lousy one. Nobody is going to believe you.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Joe hear me out k? There is a silver lining to the passing of your beloved late wife. She was truly your wife when you buried her.

My ex who left me to marry someone else who passed away some time back, I can share with you a little secret. She wasn't his wife. Catch my drift?

I'm glad I came back to the forum there are so many nice people here. Thanks Debonerman.

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
The other day when I was in the train after visiting my uncle at SGH, I saw this baby sleeping in a trolley. Dunno why all of a sudden, there's this strange thought that this baby will one day be lying on the bed of a hospital just like my uncle. I felt sad at that moment. Sad not for the baby, but life as a whole. I guess that's what Buddha meant when he said Life is Suffering.

I was still working in China when my dad passed away and it was a good 10 hours before I reach home and he was already lying in the coffin. Somehow I never cried throughout the wake but broke down when the coffin was entering the furnace at the crematorium. It dwell on me then that I will never see his face ever again.
I always had this feeling that my family could have done better in his treatment but I was not even there when he was being treated for cancer so how could I blame anyone or even tell anyone about this. I could not even tell my wife.

Although my mum is still generally healthy, there was this strong urge come back and spend time with her. Then one day, one of my colleague send a comic strip to me. It said that if you are working in other provinces or country, estimate the life expectancy of one of your parents (say your mum) and then multiply by the number of times that you go back every year to your home town. The number that you get, is the number of times left that you will see your mum before she pass away. The message struck me and I decided then that it was time to go home. I don't want to have any regrets or blame anyone anymore.

There were times when I thought that my parents could have done some things better when bringing me up. There were also times when I was angry with them over petty things. I was even angry at my dad for having a bochap attitute (although he is a loving person) and leave most of the work of bringing us up to my mum (which is why we are closer to my mum). But with the passing of my father, all these didn't matter anymore. I was even angry with myself for not having done enough as a son when he was still alive and even did some stupid things that disappointed him.

I believe in reincarnation but that's really not a good thing. You won't know who you will end up in your next life but it will definitely not be the same brothers sisters and parents of this life. Even if you meet them on the street, will you still recognize them? You will still have to go thru all the shit from cradle to the grave and build relationship with strangers all over again.

So cherish your life, the people and the relationships that you have now.

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The other day when I was in the train after visiting my uncle at SGH, I saw this baby sleeping in a trolley. Dunno why all of a sudden, there's this strange thought that this baby will one day be lying on the bed of a hospital just like my uncle. I felt sad at that moment. Sad not for the baby, but life as a whole. I guess that's what Buddha meant when he said Life is Suffering.

I was still working in China when my dad passed away and it was a good 10 hours before I reach home and he was already lying in the coffin. Somehow I never cried throughout the wake but broke down when the coffin was entering the furnace at the crematorium. It dwell on me then that I will never see his face ever again.
I always had this feeling that my family could have done better in his treatment but I was not even there when he was being treated for cancer so how could I blame anyone or even tell anyone about this. I could not even tell my wife.

Although my mum is still generally healthy, there was this strong urge come back and spend time with her. Then one day, one of my colleague send a comic strip to me. It said that if you are working in other provinces or country, estimate the life expectancy of one of your parents (say your mum) and then multiply by the number of times that you go back every year to your home town. The number that you get, is the number of times left that you will see your mum before she pass away. The message struck me and I decided then that it was time to go home. I don't want to have any regrets or blame anyone anymore.

There were times when I thought that my parents could have done some things better when bringing me up. There were also times when I was angry with them over petty things. I was even angry at my dad for having a bochap attitute (although he is a loving person) and leave most of the work of bringing us up to my mum (which is why we are closer to my mum). But with the passing of my father, all these didn't matter anymore. I was even angry with myself for not having done enough as a son when he was still alive and even did some stupid things that disappointed him.

I believe in reincarnation but that's really not a good thing. You won't know who you will end up in your next life but it will definitely not be the same brothers sisters and parents of this life. Even if you meet them on the street, will you still recognize them? You will still have to go thru all the shit from cradle to the grave and build relationship with strangers all over again.

So cherish your life, the people and the relationships that you have now.

life is suffering ? what the fuck !! is your religion a cult ? if you want to talk about recarnation and the teaching of buddhisum please go to religious folder ...you have been warned .

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
life is suffering ? what the fuck !! is your religion a cult ? if you want to talk about recarnation and the teaching of buddhisum please go to religious folder ...you have been warned .

The word 'suffering' is a bad translation. A better translation would be "Life is that which is undesirable".

Undesirable, because aging & death, sorrow & lamentation follow life like a shadow.

But of course, life can be desirable for you while you are focused on its pleasantries. Buddhism doesn't deny that.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Life is enjoyment. Although its a challenge, it's a challenge to enjoyment. Just meet up with the challenge and don't blame others or join cults if you can't meet up to the challenge. Otherwise why be afraid of death, how can death be a criminal penalty if death is supposed to end suffering or beginning of journey paradise? All should go and commit suicide then. Easier, right?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The word 'suffering' is a bad translation. A better translation would be "Life is that which is undesirable".

Undesirable, because aging & death, sorrow & lamentation follow life like a shadow.

But of course, life can be desirable for you while you are focused on its pleasantries. Buddhism doesn't deny that.

so life is desirable or suffering ? you also another one ...if you want to talk about buddhisum please go to religious folder .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Life is enjoyment. Although its a challenge, it's a challenge to enjoyment. Just meet up with the challenge and don't blame others or join cults if you can't meet up to the challenge. Otherwise why be afraid of death, how can death be a criminal penalty if death is supposed to end suffering or beginning of journey paradise? All should go and commit suicide then. Easier, right?

i have no need for religion, i have a conscience .

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so life is desirable or suffering ? you also another one ...if you want to talk about buddhisum please go to religious folder .

Putting aside the words 'Buddhism' and "religion', what I have stated is universally true.

Life can be desirable or undesirable depending on how you see it.