• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I find myanmese FTs very fierce, rude,and hot-tempered. What about you?

E

eurasian

From my personal encounters with myanmese FTs,

I find myanmese FTs are very fierce, rude and hot-tempered. They gets angry and became very confrontational over very trivial matters.

I find the myanmese FTs are much worse than the Vietnamese FTs, PRCs, Thais, Cambodians etc etc.

I had many bad encounters/experiences with Myanmese FTs before.

It's just that perhaps the myanmese FTs are smaller in numbers compared to the Pinoys FTs etc etc. Hence their presence are a bit less conspicuous than some other countries's FTs. Also most sporeans are unable to identify a myanmese purely from his appearance if he doesn't speak.

But if compare the myanmese FTs to the indian FTs, then I think the indian FTs are even worse.

Anyway, the above is just my personal encounters and experiences hence I just share my thoughts and experiences here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal

I find myanmese FTs are very fierce, rude and hot-tempered. They gets angry and became very confrontational over very trivial matters.

I find the myanmese FTs are much worse than the Vietnamese FTs, PRCs, Thais, Cambodians etc etc.

It's just that perhaps the myanmese FTs are smaller in numbers compared to the Pinoys FTs etc etc. Hence their presence are a bit less conspicuous than some other countries's FTs. Also most sporeans are unable to identify a myanmese purely from his appearance if he doesn't speak.

But if compare the myanmese FTs to the indian FTs, then I think the indian FTs are even worse.

Anyway, the above is just my personal encounters and experiences hence I just share my thoughts and experiences here.

Met many Burmese professionals . All very modest, quiet and gentle. Look at ASSK, been through a lot but very composed. If you are talking about lowlifes , aren't they the same from everywhere ? just a matter of degree.

GoldenPeriod

Alfrescian
Loyal
They should all go back to wherever they came from. Even if they are real talents, they should be in their countries helping their native home to develop and prosper.

We should not take advantage of them. Their skills are badly needed in their hometowns. How cruel of Sinkapore to rob them of their talents.

Go home, FT. Singapore does not need you.

vnhhinjb

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was told, dont know how true it is though that there are 2 types of Myanmar FTs. The confrontational and aggressive types tend to come from the areas where they are thumbed down by the junta and have a history of resistance, hence their tendency to fight back against authority.

The other gentler type come from the other areas where they are more submissive and get less hassle from the ruling party and you can see this characteristics in them when they come here to work.

Met many Burmese professionals . All very modest, quiet and gentle. Look at ASSK, been through a lot but very composed. If you are talking about lowlifes , aren't they the same from everywhere ? just a matter of degree.

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Myanmese are one of the nicest and friendliest people I've met when I travel to the country

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was told that the food isn't that good....& the place is still lost in time...

The place is like Singapore in the 60s, very nostalgic and retro. The food was wonderful and super cheap, personally I prefer Myanmar food than Thai food.

Last edited:
E

eurasian

you are wrong. There is no need to compare far, just compare the myanmese white-collar/blue-collar with their closest neighbour Thai white-collar/blue collar and you can see it is really one heaven, one hell.

Thais are much more polite and modest whereas the myanmese are much more fierce, combative, confrontational, rude in nature.

My relative she had worked as a housing agent for 8 years already she also agree that myanmese FTs are generally very fierce, totally-non-compromising and rude when she brought them for house-viewing and during negotiations with the sporean landlords.

Also most myanmese the way they talk are very loud and fierce, the way they talk can match those North Korean newscasters in terms of aggression.

I myself had so many uncountable bad experiences with Myanmese FTs/foreignworkers from engineers to shop-owners to students to shops's retail assistants to cashiers to hotel room cleaners until I lost count.

Nowadays there are some shops in spore that are manned or opened by myanmese people. One can go to those retail shops manned by myanmese retail assistants/myanmese people to experience for yourself, you will realize they are very impatient, not courteous, and more rude than many other nationalities's retail assistants.

Last edited by a moderator: