• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

i am very angry

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If you are divorced and your children take turns to live with you and your former spouse, this can continue, but you should do your best to limit movement;

The government has posted an FAQ to address concerns over the circuit breaker measures. These are the exceptions listed.

You should not leave the house except:

To work for or with an essential service provider, specified schools or early childhood development centres;

To send your child to childcare if you and your spouse work for an essential service provider;

To get essential goods and services like buying groceries, cutting hair or doing laundry;

To exercise alone or with others you live with in green or open spaces;

To seek medical help for suspected COVID-19 infection or other urgent treatment;

To provide assistance to seniors (60 years and above) or persons with disability;

To seek or render help in an emergency;

To comply with the law (eg. court order);

To report for National Service;

To move house;

To leave Singapore;

You are not allowed to visit another household except:

To deliver essential goods or services;

Provide assistance to a senior or person with disabilities;

Seek or render emergency help;

Other exceptions:

Hawkers, taxi drivers and food delivery riders can eat in public, but they must eat alone or with a 1m spacing from the next person;

If you are divorced and your children take turns to live with you and your former spouse, this can continue, but you should do your best to limit movement;

Grandparents can continue to care for grandchildren if 1) both parents are essential service workers, 2) if one parent is a healthcare professional or 3) if one parent is an essential service worker and the child is under 3 years old.
If not, grandparents can still continue to care for grandchildren they stay together during the circuit breaker period. You should not drop them off on a daily basis as that increases the risk of transmission;

You can continue to accompany your elderly parent to medical appointments but must take precautions like wearing a mask and maintaining good personal hygiene;

If you have an elderly neighbour who needs help, you can help out but try to avoid physical interaction. E.g. You can drop off groceries at their door;

You can engage emergency household services (e.g. plumbers, electricians, locksmiths, etc) but must maintain social distancing.

1586986235652.png

valleycat

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not that bad. I really don't want to have a shouting match with him if he comes to see her. I don't want my daughter to see her parents have a shouting match as it will affect her emotions and she will feel sad why her parents always quarrel. No matter what, i will still act normal and let him in if he really comes to visit. Now already way past 3pm and the asshole isn't here. And I die die will not message him :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

At least you are not totally difficult person, don’t worry of lawyer’s letter . You have a valid reason not to let your Daughter out under CB . This will only show yr ex is irresponsible n unreasonable in the eyes of the court. It’s really sad that this has happened to u. Years back when I was in primary school , my classmate looked sad and I asked him why he’s crying ? He said his parents were divorcing , I was then 10 , when I heard that I also felt sad for him and this incident reminded me , no matter what happens , never to divorce . It will only cause misery to our children. Even when my Wife made things difficult at times , I have to be patent and not allow my anger to escalate to cause a divorce. If you Co- operate with him n be nice , perhaps once day he will be touched n come back to u . That is if u are prepared to forgive n live with him again. It’s for the sake of yr Daughter. Don’t challenge him , just change yr approach even if it means losing face , maybe that will make him feel guilty. Best wishes !

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

nbcnews.com

A record number of children died of flu this season

3-4 minutes

A record number of children died from influenza this past flu season, federal health officials said Friday.
One more death was reported this week, making 172 child deaths reported for the 2017-18 flu season, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said.
“This number exceeds the 2012-2013 season, which previously set the record for the highest number of flu-related deaths in children reported during a single flu season (excluding pandemics),” the CDC said.
“Approximately 80 percent of these deaths occurred in children who had not received a flu vaccination this season.”
By any measure, this past flu season was a severe one, the CDC said. Flu activity stayed high in all 50 states, or nearly all, for weeks on end — an unusual pattern. Usually, the annual flu epidemic moves from region to region.
Let our news meet your inbox. The news and stories that matters, delivered weekday mornings.
“CDC experts have described the 2017-2018 season as a high severity season, with influenza-like-illness remaining at or above baseline for 19 consecutive weeks, record-breaking flu hospitalization rates, and elevated pneumonia and influenza mortality for 16 weeks,” the CDC said.
It hit kids especially hard.
Last season, 110 children died from flu in the U.S. In the 2009 pandemic of H1N1 swine flu, that new strain killed 282 children and 358 children in total died from influenza that season.
Every year, influenza kills between 12,000 and 49,000 people and can send more than 700,000 people to the hospital, the CDC says. Flu kills so many people and puts so many into the hospital that the CDC has stopped counting each one. For adults, mortality is estimated.
“These deaths are a somber reminder of the importance of flu vaccination and the potential seriousness of flu,” the CDC said.
And they are likely an underestimate, as not every single flu death is properly recorded or reported. “As reporting of deaths in children can be delayed, it’s possible that additional flu-related deaths in children during the 2017-2018 season will be reported to CDC,” the agency said.
About half the children who died had another health condition, but half did not. “Most children died within seven days of symptom onset,” the CDC said.
It’s not clear why this past influenza season was so severe. The strains that were circulating were not new or unusual. While the flu vaccines that were available were not highly effective — giving about 36 percent protection against infection, the CDC said they did save lives.
“During the 2016–17 season, vaccination averted an estimated 5.29 million illnesses 2.64 million medical visits, and 84,700 influenza-associated hospitalizations,” the CDC said.
“Annual influenza vaccination remains the most effective way to prevent influenza illness.”

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
In Europe's worst hit country Italy only 1 victim was below 10 years of age.

Mothers have very little to worry about as far as Covid-19 is concerned.

Screenshot 2020-04-16 20.18.14.png