• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HSBC staff refused to give up Reserved Seats for old folk!!!!

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Tit-for-tat exchange over reserved MRT seats
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/sing...change-over-reserved-mrt-seats-084554302.html

A young man's refusal on Tuesday to give up a reserved seat on the MRT train for a senior citizen has sparked a tit-for-tat exchange online.

Debate over the incident has raged online with the thread on local forum fuckwarezone.com having more than 800 comments as of Thursday afternoon.

Most of those who commented accused the younger man of being rude and inconsiderate, but some said that commuters, whether they are handicapped, aged or pregnant, did not have the right to demand the reserved seats.

Jason Wang, a 63-year-old architect, took to social networking site Facebook to voice his disapproval of the younger man who refused to give up his seat. He also posted a photo, shot with his camera phone, of the seated commuter, who is said to be Joel Liang, 23.

Wang said he boarded the train at Tanah Merah station at 7:35am and saw that the reserved seat was taken by a young man who looked to be sleeping. He woke Liang and asked for the seat.

The young man then asked for his age, to which Wang shot back, "Definitely much older than you."

To his surprise, Liang went back to sleep.

"'I'm not really frail-looking, but I'm overweight. That's why my knees are bad. I even had knee braces on and was using an umbrella as a crutch," admitted Wang.

Liang took to the forums yesterday evening to clear his name.

He claimed that he was "on drowsy medication" when he was awakened by somebody tapping his foot with an umbrella. He was also commuting with half his vision as one of his contact lenses had fallen out before his encounter with Wang, and "couldn't guess his (Wang's) age at all."

Wang's sarcastic reply to his question left Liang bitter, hence he decided not to give up the seat.

However, at the end of his post, Liang apologised for being "socially irresponsible."

"I am very sorry, Mr. Jason Wang, for your extended sufferings due to standing with your bad knees while I was in the reserved seat."

Because Liang was wearing a lanyard of HSBC Bank, Wang also sent an e-mail to the bank and to SMRT about the incident to raise the public's awareness of commuters who really need a seat, reported The Straits Times.

HSBC Singapore confirmed that its chief executive had replied to Wang to apologise on behalf of the employee. The bank disclosed that Liang, a temp, would be counseled and his supervisor and the temp agency informed.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What has SMRT to say about this:confused:
They are happy with their record profits & will probably have more seatless cars running.

So rather than commuters getting angry with each other, they should really go after the party who can do something about it, SMRT:rolleyes:

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
The locals I know go by the surnames of Neo or Leong.

Jason Wang, a 63-year-old architect, took to social networking site Facebook to voice his disapproval of the younger man who refused to give up his seat. He also posted a photo, shot with his camera phone, of the seated commuter, who is said to be Joel Liang, 23.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The locals I know go by the surnames of Neo or Leong.

If you are thinking is PRC. Not necessary, Some 20 plus, also with surname Wang, Lin, Chen, Li, Pan and their parents Wong, Lim Tan, Lee and Phua...... you dunno?

:smile:

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are thinking is PRC. Not necessary, Some 20 plus, also with surname Wang, Lin, Chen, Li, Pan and their parents Wong, Lim Tan, Lee and Phua...... you dunno?

:smile:

Yeap ! Part of old man's policy in the early 80s of naturalising local born Chinese for CHINAPORE. This simple policy literally wipe out the identity of all local dialect group with hanyu pinyin.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yup, I know this Wang fella, local guy, quite a whacky character :rolleyes:

hi there

1. honest, this old fellow is too much.
2. honest, he alerting hsbc could have easily cost the younger person his job.
3. he was equally rude shouting back loud!
4. what hsbc got to do with the reserved seat thing?

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng suggests, "SMRT/SBS Transit should change their policy about reserved seats - handicaps, elderlies, pregnant women, etc... not allowed on trains/buses during peak hours. like this can solve problem? why should all these people join in the crowd to kuait sio and fight for seats during peak hours? senior citizens are entitled concession between 10AM-4PM mah - no?"

radon39

Alfrescian
Loyal
lianbeng suggests, "SMRT/SBS Transit should change their policy about reserved seats - handicaps, elderlies, pregnant women, etc... not allowed on trains/buses during peak hours. like this can solve problem? why should all these people join in the crowd to kuait sio and fight for seats during peak hours? senior citizens are entitled concession between 10AM-4PM mah - no?"

good idea...but i still say put them to sleep....or send to jb....

radon39

Alfrescian
Loyal

totally agree with the pregnant...nb...want o have baby still take train...cb.....go farking take a cab or sit home:mad::mad::mad:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
The young chap is a moron. If you wear your company lanyard and you behave like an asshole, you are asking people to fuck u. :rolleyes:

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
pls respect the elderly, donch be like bob sim kheng hwee beating his elderly parents and scolding his mother laucheebye.... how will u like it if it is ur elderly parents who receive this kind of treatment from ppl like this puacheebyekia bastard joel liang...fuckin cheebyekia donch let me see him in tampines ....

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
>>He claimed that he was "on drowsy medication" when he was awakened by somebody tapping his foot with an umbrella<<

Old Man also knnbccb la. Use umbrella to tap on other people's foot.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Imagine if this guy is a fucking Ah neh FT!!!
feature_indiancinemagoers.jpg

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

SMRT/SBS contributed to this problem when they stuck those labels marking those seats for the elderly, pregnant, etc. It set expectations that those seats were reseved for certain people.

If SMRT/SBS is really concerned about these group of people they can reserve one carriage for them. They've done it in places like India & Japan where certain carriages are for females, to avoid groping. However they can't even cope with the crowds & it will have have an impact on their bottom line & record profits:rolleyes: