• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HSBC staff refused to give up Reserved Seats for old folk!!!!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeap ! Part of old man's policy in the early 80s of naturalising local born Chinese for CHINAPORE. This simple policy literally wipe out the identity of all local dialect group with hanyu pinyin.

Check out his name and ic number....confirm chinaman.
Locals of his generation seldom have hanyu pinyin-ish names and the ic starts with 00.........

Jason wang yueh ming

ic:S0028421A tel:96172353

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Come on la, we all need to tell ourselves not to be so fucked up. There is no such thing as old means automatically get seats one leh.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
what type of ic number do ppl of his generation have?

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1091022761

41618_1091022761_1650_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
When the young man asked him his age, could the old man not have told him politely? :mad:

Wonder what would have transpired after that? Would the young punk get up and offer the seat? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I really don't see what this has anything to do with HSBC. It is bizarre why they felt they had to apologize on this guy's behalf. Short of creating carriages solely for the use of Seniors, Pregnant mums and parents with young kids and handicapped persons, this issue is never gonna go away. Personally, if the young chap chooses not to give up his seat, that's his choice but for the old man to make such a big deal out of it is quite sad.

Anyway, why is this kind of story even making it to the newspapers? Waste of print space.

Last edited:

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SMRT/SBS contributed to this problem when they stuck those labels marking those seats for the elderly, pregnant, etc. It set expectations that those seats were reseved for certain people.

If SMRT/SBS is really concerned about these group of people they can reserve one carriage for them. They've done it in places like India & Japan where certain carriages are for females, to avoid groping. However they can't even cope with the crowds & it will have have an impact on their bottom line & record profits:rolleyes:

lianbeng likes ur idea. "submit ur proposal to transport mister leh." :biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyway, why is this kind of story even making it to the newspapers? Waste of print space.

This is the type of story that serves to distract Sporeans from the problems being caused by the PAP & their policies. The way the story is slanted is that it is an argument between a young men & a senior citizen.

However many should be asking why we have such incidents:confused:
Hint: it is because of overcrowding in Spore & it's going to get worse

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng likes ur idea. "submit ur proposal to transport mister leh." :biggrin:

I suspect that SMRT has already received many good suggetions(i.e. complaints) to improve their service:smile:

Being a GLC & monopoly they can simply ignore the suggestions that do not increase their bottomline:rolleyes:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what type of ic number do ppl of his generation have?

Going by his ic, he would have been the 28421st person to register for his ic.
System to allocated ic number back then was based mostly on age with a few exceptions.
Check around with those born before 1967 and you will get a rough gauge of age vs ic number. The older a person the smaller his ic number will be.
Though the prefix 2 was traditionally used for ic numbers for PR turned citizens last time, I think the govt has drop this practice to blur the distinction.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Going by his ic, he would have been the 28421st person to register for his ic.
System to allocated ic number back then was based mostly on age with a few exceptions.
Check around with those born before 1967 and you will get a rough gauge of age vs ic number. The older a person the smaller his ic number will be.
Though the prefix 2 was traditionally used for ic numbers for PR turned citizens last time, I think the govt has drop this practice to blur the distinction.

My parents born in sg have an ic number that starts with 0.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My parents born in sg have an ic number that starts with 0.

Sorry I din make my point clear enough.
As wiki info stated, all those born before 1967 had ic starting with 0 or 1.

Using age as a guide in most cases, the older a person the smaller his ic number.
For example I am in the 50plus age group, my ic starts with 13. My parents in their 80s have ic starting with 03. Someone younger than me will have a number after 13.

Though this Wang is 63, his ic would unlikely start with 00 if he is native born. More likely 00 belonged to someone who had passed on long ago and the ic number 'recycled' to this Wang when he took up citizenship.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if you interact with the staff of smrt, you will find that they quite stone in their thinking and the way they react too. bor hao siao...glc hire mostly who can't make it in the foreign mncs.

I suspect that SMRT has already received many good suggetions(i.e. complaints) to improve their service:smile:

Being a GLC & monopoly they can simply ignore the suggestions that do not increase their bottomline:rolleyes:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
oi,siao eh! your thinking very selfish, old people are slower and easily hurt physically. so be nice to them,okay!

Come on la, we all need to tell ourselves not to be so fucked up. There is no such thing as old means automatically get seats one leh.

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry I din make my point clear enough.
As wiki info stated, all those born before 1967 had ic starting with 0 or 1.

Using age as a guide in most cases, the older a person the smaller his ic number.
For example I am in the 50plus age group, my ic starts with 13. My parents in their 80s have ic starting with 03. Someone younger than me will have a number after 13.

Though this Wang is 63, his ic would unlikely start with 00 if he is native born. More likely 00 belonged to someone who had passed on long ago and the ic number 'recycled' to this Wang when he took up citizenship.

From his IC Number, definitely local range and not recycled; have friends much older than him and the number is smaller. Usually the IC number is not recycled IIRC. Old man has his IC with the 3rd lowest number when he was assigned; special privillages I presumed.

As for the S2x series; the usual cases is PRs turn citizens usually with the influx of immigration from neighbouring countries.

The minority cases are those born in Singapore with no legal birth papers , given away at birth for adoption or such. Renmants of the pre and post war era when anything goes !

Another scenario are Chinese Singaporeans born and bred on this island fled to boleh land when old man came to power or before the merger gave birth to offsprings and came back. Offsprings became PR. Or the myth of an entire system being use to track those born between 63 to independence started soon after.

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
stupid HSBC staff, must be one of those credit card promoters, total scum.

old scum meets young scum = battle.

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
None of this would happen if our govt followed up on Minister Khaw's recommendation to send all useless old folks to Johor or Batam!