• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How's your career?

nin-nao-hiah

Alfrescian
Loyal
I voted for Workers Party.
You mean, i should be a spineless civil servant and vote for PAP?

I mean your vote is partly an indication of your perspective of living in Singapore; and partly an effort to make Singapore a little more optimistic for our next generation.
My voting history and pattern were partly based on both sentiments too.

nin-nao-hiah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even better. Easier to dump the company and walk away to new job. The sad thing about this forum is people are encouraged to be assholes and treat one another like scum.

Post a problem, people ask shit such as "who did u vote for?" Well if vote for Oppo, won't even have a job in the first place to whine about!

It is precisely because of the mismanagement of the economy and the overall mismanagement of this country, it is a wonder that there are still jobs left for locals, especially us over-40s.

It is precisely because being self-independent is compulsory in order to survive in Singapore today, it is necessary to vote for alternatives to the PAP.

nin-nao-hiah

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PAP cares for you even though you are an oppie.

Come look for your MP or PAP grassroots advisor if you need help. Your local RC is more than willing to provide assistance if you need any.

Help from this Government always means higher taxes, such as the Government saying it is raising the GST to help the poor.

Beware of those bearing gifts.

nin-nao-hiah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry, miscommunication. I am employee, not business owner.

Do reflect a little if your knowledge and experiences in your field, especially in the China market (or in any other market), could be useful for others.
For example, if you are familiar with certain business terms or certain business procedures in China, you could sideline by offering this knowledge to parallel industries that might need it, or might need a point of reference?
I'm suggesting a transfer of knowledge and expertise where you create this parallel value for other industries. This way, your knowledge becomes your economic asset and a sideline could become a lifeline.
Youth and beauty may be useful, but under certain conditions, speaking from experience with a thinning hairline, or some graying hair, has respectability and credibility that is unbeatable.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Finally when I look around me, I feel that this is the path that many are going through. What does the future hold for my kids?

Bro,
the grass is always greener on the other side.
1. your best bet is educating your kids and arm them with financial literacy, by allowing them to break out of the cycle you're currently in, i.e. may they be financially independent.
2. find yourself a hobby that nourishes your soul, if you find meaning in it, grow that hobby into something lucrative if possible.
Good luck in your endeavors

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rich Dad poor Dad will set u free.....I suppose u are one of those masses who think a job with higher pay and a bigger bonus would solve all ur problems.....until u learn financial solvency u will forever be a slave.....I pity u......even those who are totally risk adverse and obssess all day on how to maximise their cpf retirement accounts are probably ahead of u.....

Even if u are ultra conservative, just taking 20 percent of ur savings and letting it grow in still or sg REITs during the beggining of the great Singapore boom from 2003 to 2014 would have reaped massive rewards....I dare say the 20 percent might even be bigger than the 80 percent portion today....

The masters of the universe are the ones who learn how to make money from money,those that graduate and work at jp Morgan Goldman Sachs and Black Rock.they are the ones who make more money than god.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do reflect a little if your knowledge and experiences in your field, especially in the China market (or in any other market), could be useful for others.
For example, if you are familiar with certain business terms or certain business procedures in China, you could sideline by offering this knowledge to parallel industries that might need it, or might need a point of reference?
I'm suggesting a transfer of knowledge and expertise where you create this parallel value for other industries. This way, your knowledge becomes your economic asset and a sideline could become a lifeline.
Youth and beauty may be useful, but under certain conditions, speaking from experience with a thinning hairline, or some graying hair, has respectability and credibility that is unbeatable.
Only if u look like goddam Richard gere,and not some sinkie coolie and farmer ah pek lao Tik ko trying to hit on the Pinoy waitress at the ktv.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
That’s the worst plan! Stay in Spore is the best!
Worst plan as these countries only know how to take and no give! Mean bastards! Poor people there like @glockman will insult you poor and prostitute. Rich people will insult you poor and hire gangsters to harass you with firecrackers and steal your photos and spread until India Iran.