• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How's your career?

ChokBoon

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe that these days nobody anyhow change jobs even for a better salary. Most above 40 years old folks will stay on their current jobs even everything is stagnant.

If you are having a stable income now although lower than market rate salary, it’s not advisable to take risk to change job.

Changing jobs involved a great risk in these decade :poop:

Ya, stuck. And my company is failing too.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Must consider many realistic factors if you wish to take a risk
Switch jobs doesnt guarantee failure since your current co is struggling or hold out for retrench compensation.:biggrin:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha, true. I over-rated myself.
KNN my uncle wanted to switch to healthcare either ot asst or patient service but couldn't accept the $800 offered.
he found out if work hard as a server in a established f&b like Haiti lao can make about 4k incl allowance and number of tables you serve. but extended long hours of build in ot he didn't mind but jobs given to prc KNN

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KNN my uncle wanted to switch to healthcare either ot asst or patient service but couldn't accept the $800 offered.
he found out if work hard as a server in a established f&b like Haiti lao can make about 4k incl allowance and number of tables you serve. but extended long hours of build in ot he didn't mind but jobs given to prc KNN
If the salary package offer to prc was more than 50% less than 4k? A biz man will employ prc

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

At least u own a business. Must have done reasonably well at first.

But it's going to be hard to transition to a paid employee. People are going to take u to town.... wah former towkay now work for others. Many lanjiao lang like these.

ChokBoon

Alfrescian
Loyal
At least u own a business. Must have done reasonably well at first.

But it's going to be hard to transition to a paid employee. People are going to take u to town.... wah former towkay now work for others. Many lanjiao lang like these.

Sorry, miscommunication. I am employee, not business owner.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry, miscommunication. I am employee, not business owner.

Even better. Easier to dump the company and walk away to new job. The sad thing about this forum is people are encouraged to be assholes and treat one another like scum.

Post a problem, people ask shit such as "who did u vote for?" Well if vote for Oppo, won't even have a job in the first place to whine about!

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just work till your company cease operations. At the same time, you can start to explore other industries and read to gain knowledge on other trades.

I knew of a 48 years old storekeeper earning a base salary of $1700 a month feed a wife (not working) and 2 primary school kids. After CPF, only about $1360 take home pay.

An stable income for survival is very important.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just work till your company cease operations. At the same time, you can start to explore other industries and read to gain knowledge on other trades.

I knew of a 48 years old storekeeper earning a base salary of $1700 a month feed a wife (not working) and 2 primary school kids. After CPF, only about $1360 take home pay.
For me this encouragement is self comfort.
Must aim for better and higher.
Cannot join the poor.
Do you want work as foodpanda full time forever?
The old folks always work hard and loyal to your company and boss will see your effort.
Such thinking is obsolete:biggrin:

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
For me this encouragement is self comfort.
Must aim for better and higher.
Cannot join the poor.
Do you want work as foodpanda full time forever?
:biggrin:

Of course not, some people had been searching for more than 2 years yet cannot find a PMET jobs so they either work as a storekeeper or McDonald crews.

That where underemployment come in, degree holders earning less than $2000 a month.

Every month having a tiny salary is better than nothing. If one are broke, taking a taxi to a wulu industrial park for a interview also got problem.

I remembered back in 2003 that SARS period, many cannot find a decent job ended up becoming a coffee boy or cleaners.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course not, some people had been searching for more than 2 years yet cannot find a PMET jobs so they either work as a storekeeper or McDonald crews.

That where underemployment come in, degree holders earning less than $2000 a month.

Every month having a tiny salary is better than nothing. If one are broke, taking a taxi to a wulu industrial park for a interview also got problem.

I remembered back in 2003 that SARS period, many cannot find a decent job ended up becoming a coffee boy or cleaners.

Earn a low wage is better than no wage. But there is a trade-off. U may get lazy and end up settling for a low-pay job and don't bother to look for a job that is more suited to your level.

I will say the best way is to find a freelance gig, and keep on applying for other jobs in meantime.

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
Earn a low wage is better than no wage. But there is a trade-off. U may get lazy and end up settling for a low-pay job and don't bother to look for a job that is more suited to your level.

I will say the best way is to find a freelance gig, and keep on applying for other jobs in meantime.

Many people did work very hard and need to sweat to earn that $1000 plus take home pay.

These are not jobs for lazy people.

People still get CPF contribution, paid annual leave and paid medical leave.

It is also increasingly difficult to get a PMET job in these decade.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I voted for Workers Party.
You mean, i should be a spineless civil servant and vote for PAP?

The PAP cares for you even though you are an oppie.

Come look for your MP or PAP grassroots advisor if you need help. Your local RC is more than willing to provide assistance if you need any.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Plan for retirement in some other country where the overheads are lower and the currency is weaker.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Our government is doing admirably well for itself but has failed the majority of its people who are filling up jobs as security officers (sounds better than security guards) and Grab drivers. Many are over-qualified but forced out of their jobs for various reasons.