• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How Will The PAP Respond?

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes I would. There would be no point spoiling those at the bottom. It would only make them less prepared for adult life. They'd have to learn to stand on their own two feet sooner or later.

My resources would be concentrated on maximising the potential of the intelligent ones.

No parent wants to spoil their children and what would you do if they cannot stand on their two feet on the later part of their adult lives?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
No parent wants to spoil their children and what would you do if they cannot stand on their two feet on the later part of their adult lives?

I'd be dead by then so they'd have to sort their own lives out anyway. I'd give each child an equal share in my will though so I'm not against equality in certain aspects of life.

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talking about the YOG, while it was a failure in the eyes of the public, it was huge success for the PAP. But not because of those bullshit reasons put forth by Leongsam such as "now more people will know of S'pore, S'pore now occupies a place in the sporting world, and showcasing our organising abilities". No it has nothing to do with all these. But it has everything to do with the YOG generating millions and millions of revenue to the GLCs. Almost all the things and services that hosting of the YOG needed were supplied by the GLCs. Of course there will be some spin-offs to private enterprises but those are only chicken feed. The big bucks all went to the GLCs, particularly those in the Temasek stable. The whole purpose in organising is to enrich the GLCs, other objectives are purely secondary. It's in line with the whole PAP or more accurately LKY's philiosophy which is to amass wealth for the GLCs which indirectly enlarge the official reserves. The people are least of his concern so what the fxxx he cares about sports?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With the impending prosecution of SCDF's Commissioner and CNB's Director for corruption, it will be important to see how the PAP respond to this latest saga. The pap can respond by:

1. Saying that such things happen in any country, so let's just move on
2. Justifying that they have not been paid enough, therefore they resorted to corruption
3. Arrogantly remarking that these are character flaws of the individuals and happen once in 50yrs. No amount of policing can stop God's creating faults.
4. Recognising that the PAP's policies have fallen short and need to be corrected.

Just look at how one bad PAP policy can have huge repercussions on Singapore and Singaporeans. That policy is to maximise tax and revenue collection. Many taxes and levies have caused:

a. Cost of business, cost of living and rentals to rise too much in SG and making business uncompetitive.
b. To reduce business costs, the govt said must reduce wages.
c. To reduce wages, import cheap foreign labour
d. Importing cheap foreign labour causes social problems, housing, transportation, health care shortages.
e. To correct housing problems, build more and higher flats
f. Building higher flats, without attendant road widening, causes road congestion
g. To lessen road congestion, charge higher ERPs
h. Charging higher ERPs increases transport costs and increasses cost of living...
and the circle continues without solution.

what is yet to come is the social problems which we will experience in the future because of the huge influx of these cheap foreign labour.

Will the PAP respond to the latest corruption cases by just treating the symptoms and throwing the book at the culprits? Or will the PAP have the courage to go to the root of the problem and find out why, despite high pay, corruption still happen at the highest levels? Could the root causes be:

1. Education failure because we missed out value and character inculcation?
2. Attracting the wrong people into Civil Service?
3. SCDF and CNB HR's fault for slack vetting of their personnel that such big flaws, greed and love of women, went undetected?
4. PAP's fault for wanting only yes-men who are beholden to LKY and PAP but not to SG and to Singaporeans?
5. Recognising that LKY has been wrong all these time?

How the PAP respond will show whether it has indeed change after GE 2011!!

Super Scale Civil Serpents n Ministers will get a supply of women or men to prevent further corruption..

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Talking about the YOG, while it was a failure in the eyes of the public, it was huge success for the PAP. But not because of those bullshit reasons put forth by Leongsam such as "now more people will know of S'pore, S'pore now occupies a place in the sporting world, and showcasing our organising abilities". No it has nothing to do with all these. But it has everything to do with the YOG generating millions and millions of revenue to the GLCs. Almost all the things and services that hosting of the YOG needed were supplied by the GLCs. Of course there will be some spin-offs to private enterprises but those are only chicken feed. The big bucks all went to the GLCs, particularly those in the Temasek stable. The whole purpose in organising is to enrich the GLCs, other objectives are purely secondary. It's in line with the whole PAP or more accurately LKY's philiosophy which is to amass wealth for the GLCs which indirectly enlarge the official reserves. The people are least of his concern so what the fxxx he cares about sports?

The govt spent $387 million on YOG. That money came from government coffers.

You're now saying that it organised YOG in order to transfer $387 million to GLCs so that it could then be routed back as credits into the same wallet that the money came from in the first place.

Unless you're saying that the government used YOG as a money laundering exercise, I have serious questions about your ability to think logically.

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal

You're now saying that it organised YOG in order to transfer $387 million to GLCs so that it could then be routed back as credits into the same wallet that the money came from in the first place.

Unless you're saying that the government used YOG as a money laundering exercise, I have serious questions about your ability to think logically.

Yes. That was exactly their plan. This Govt is known for its left pocket right pocket maneovure. The fines on SMRT and SingTel are perfect examples. In the case of the YOG, what it spends goes back to the Govt since the expenditure becomes the revenue of the GLCs. At the same time, the bottom line of these GLCs are boosted by such earnings which in turn pleases the shareholders. It's not right to call it a money-laundering exercise as the Govt is not washing dirty money. These are legitimate taxes collected from its people. In money-laundering, the source of funds is illegal.

It was the same motive with the Job Credit Scheme implemented during Lehman Brother induced-recession. The GLCs with the largest number of S'porean employees got the biggest slice of that Job Credit Scheme pie. In that way, what the Govt disbursed under the scheme landed within its own stable of companies. The entire plot is to keep the money within the govt and extended family.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ng Ser Miang sits on the executive board of IOC and is one of the VP. A powerful position. When you take such a position, you are required to do a sort of national service and he was handed this to be done. It was experimental and the first of its kind.
hahaha.....this part gives the impression that Ng SM was handed the YOG by the executive board of IOC.......
which is of course nonsense.
sinkiland was bidding to be the host against Moscow and if somebody tells u it was kelong and he knew it was handed to Ng SM as national service, he must be the demi-god.

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Yes. That was exactly their plan. This Govt is known for its left pocket right pocket maneovure.

You're clutching at straws. I knew you'd try to wriggle out of your corner but your response is ridiculous.

There are far easier ways of transferring from pocket to pocket than to import and almighty dog and pony show involving hundreds of thousands people.

Stick to your social work and refrain from discussing issues that are beyond you. It just makes you look silly.

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're clutching at straws. I knew you'd try to wriggle out of your corner but your response is ridiculous.

There are far easier ways of transferring from pocket to pocket than to import and almighty dog and pony show involving hundreds of thousands people.

Stick to your social work and refrain from discussing issues that are beyond you. It just makes you look silly.

You claim to know better when u don't even know what money-laundering entails such that I've to educate u?

You under-estimated your own political masters the PAP. They had it all figured out when they bidded to host YOG. On the surface, the PAP can show to its people how it has raise S'pore's profile in the sports community universally and highlights the beautiful sights of S'pore and yet at the same time, all expenditure are kept within the govt since they are paid to the GLCs for the goods and services they render to the games. I don't post this without some insightful info from the GLCs people. I wasn't a social volunteer till quite recently. In my previous life (figuratively speaking) I'm quite well connected with people on the inside.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This isn't a political issue in the first place. A couple of idiots messed up their lives. They are being dealt with accordingly.

You must be losing your direction and senses. They are not just two ordinary men who cheated on their wives. They are the Commissioner and Director of key SG institutions. The issues here are:

1. They are top civil servants. They carry with them the honour and pride of their offices and their organisations.
2. Whether taking money or having sex, granting favour in return is corruption
3. Their appointments were from the advice of Minister, Home Affairs. So if there was a mistake in their appointments, whose fault is it?
4. They were arrested on 19 Dec and 4 Jan. Shdnt this be made known to Singaporeans? Was there an attempt to cover up?
5. They were permanently replaced as Commissioner and Director. Shdnt such important appointment changes be announced publicly? Was there an attempt to cover up?
6. MSM didnt break the news. Was there an attempt to cover up?
7. MHA didnt come clean with its statement. Was there an attempt to cover up?
8. TCH's statement was a non-statement. Was there an attempt to cover-up?
9. The pap has boasted that it needs to pay Ministers and civil servants obscene salaries so as to get a 1st World Govt, prevent corruption and assure transparency. Shdnt the pap be questioned on their boast?

And you claim that this is a private matter? You lack depth!

Singaporeans deserve better. Many questions have to answered. That's a 1st World Govt with accountability and transparency. Rest assured that MPs will bring this up in parliament. And you still insist that there is no political implication?

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

well said and well analysed. MCYS just pay what the GLCs asked for.

another project to watch for is the Sports Hub

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You claim to know better when u don't even know what money-laundering entails such that I've to educate u?

You under-estimated your own political masters the PAP. They had it all figured out when they bidded to host YOG. On the surface, the PAP can show to its people how it has raise S'pore's profile in the sports community universally and highlights the beautiful sights of S'pore and yet at the same time, all expenditure are kept within the govt since they are paid to the GLCs for the goods and services they render to the games. I don't post this without some insightful info from the GLCs people. I wasn't a social volunteer till quite recently. In my previous life (figuratively speaking) I'm quite well connected with people on the inside.

The pap is good for such things..wayang with dog and pony show at the expense of SG tax payers.

Provide GLCs with huge profits by giving them contracts for such events.

Such strategies wont last when we press for accountability and transparency in pap actions and granting of contracts

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Super Scale Civil Serpents n Ministers will get a supply of women or men to prevent further corruption..

hahaha...you sound logically based on pap's concept of paying what the Minniters and civil servants want.

Certainly they want money, power and sex. Many PAP favoured politicians and ministers have fallen despite PAP's boast of having the best and cleanest:
Examples:
1. TCW
2. WTB
3. TEL
4. PYK

Many well knowns who were discreetly let off were:

1. WC
2. GYH
3. PC
4. LWM
etc

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Do you know how the tendering process is? Do you know who sit on GLC Boards? Do you know that GLCs get the bulk of contracts despite quoting higher prices?

Do you know that govt coffers were from SG revenues and Singaporean taxes? Is it wrong for Singaporeans to demand transparency in the tendering process and award of contracts?

Why shd senior SAF Officers sit in SFI and enabling SFI to win lucrative SAF contracts but giving below standard food to soldiers? SG tax payers are paying too much money for GLC services. This is morally wrong. Is it therefore wrong for discerning Singaporeans to question such practices?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If the govt doesnt right what's wrong with the system now, it is a matter of time before all these malpractices will blow up in the pap's face.

Cracks are already showing...

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
well said and well analysed. MCYS just pay what the GLCs asked for.

another project to watch for is the Sports Hub

Thanks. And that's why Vivian Balakrishnan defiantly said he would to do it all over again even with the full knowledge that the budget would be so high. In other words, he would still bid to host the YOG and spend that much. Do u think without the Old Fart's backing, he would dare come out with such a strong statement? Do u think that if not for the fact that all money spent out of taxpayers's money on the YOG would find its way back to the govt coffers through the GLCs, the greedy LKY would allow it? Leongsam doesn't have the slightest clue about all these and yet want to talk as if he knows. Let me u Leongsam, u better get to know S'pore more before u start comparing it to other countries. A little knowledge is indeed a dangerous thing.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks. And that's why Vivian Balakrishnan defiantly said he would to do it all over again even with the full knowledge that the budget would be so high. In other words, he would still bid to host the YOG and spend that much. Do u think without the Old Fart's backing, he would dare come out with such a strong statement? Do u think that if not for the fact that all money spent out of taxpayers's money on the YOG would find its way back to the govt coffers through the GLCs, the greedy LKY would allow it? Leongsam doesn't have the slightest clue about all these and yet want to talk as if he knows. Let me u Leongsam, u better get to know S'pore more before u start comparing it to other countries. A little knowledge is indeed a dangerous thing.

Take what LeongSam says with a huge dose of salt. He doesnt know what's happening in SG.

VB spent tax payers money. GLC overcharged for their services. VB and the pap are too arrogant and lack accountability. The people who benefited are the GLC management. YOG helped to make their bottom line looked good and they have justification to reward themselves.

The suckers are the Singaporean YOG volunteers. The big suckers are Singaporeans who end up footing the huge bill.

Many countries gave the YOG a miss...

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Take what LeongSam says with a huge dose of salt. He doesnt know what's happening in SG.

VB spent tax payers money. GLC overcharged for their services. VB and the pap are too arrogant and lack accountability. The people who benefited are the GLC management. YOG helped to make their bottom line looked good and they have justification to reward themselves.

The suckers are the Singaporean YOG volunteers. The big suckers are Singaporeans who end up footing the huge bill.

Many countries gave the YOG a miss...

The biggest losers are the sponsors actually. Many of them complained about the lack or absence of advertising mileage as the event's outreach was only to a very limited group of countries. Many countries don't even about the YOG at all. I heard first-hand from some of the sponsors's local marketing heads that they were called to account by their head office as to why the YOG turned out to be a non-event and what benefits accrued to the sponsors in the end. The poor marketing heads had no anwers