• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How Will The PAP Respond?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
That's where the hearer's discernment comes in

We all have a built in biases and preconceived notions. Discernment is never accurate. I thought I was being discerning when I read the contents of this forum and I almost turned against the PAP by mistake.

It took a lot of research from other sources for me to realise how good the PAP actually is.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We all have a built in biases and preconceived notions. Discernment is never accurate. I thought I was being discerning when I read the contents of this forum and I almost turned against my own government by mistake.

It took a lot of research from other sources for me to realise how good the PAP actually was.

so u r discerning and the others are not?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hey, I know you two like to do trivia things like me with no better things to do. Find something more interesting to bitch on.

hahahaha...this is Coffeeshop chat and I have some time on hand..no need to chat abt serious matters...and just keeping Sam occupied.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
hahahaha...did i provide u any data/statistics? how cld u ignore something that i didnt provide?

You don't provide anything quantitative but you use qualitative terms which imply you have the figures based on your own research. Otherwise you wouldn't be claiming that my stats are out of date.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If WHO data is wrong, please enlighten me as to what the real life expectancy in Singapore is.

I am glad that from now onwards, u have decided to counter check and not just quote pap's data as the gospel truth. that's a step in the right direction. at least you see your past folly

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You don't provide anything quantitative but you use qualitative terms which imply you have the figures based on your own research. Otherwise you wouldn't be claiming that my stats are out of date.

but u said that u ignored my data...which i didnt provide to u..how cld u ignore something u dont know?

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sometimes one has to be cruel in order to be kind. Singapore society has become lazy, jaded and cynical. The evidence is here in this forum for all to see. It is necessary to inject new blood in order revitalise Singapore society and incentives have to be given to encourage this. It's part and parcel of marketing 101. It's like credit card companies offering free membership to new accounts while charging loyal clients a hefty annual fee.

Smart Singaporeans won't be forced to go overseas. In fact, they'll be given scholarships. It's the average performers that have to go abroad.

Would you be cruel to your own children in order to be kind?

Assumming you have 10 children, 2 top, 3 average and 5 way below average.

How would you apportion your attention and distribute your help to them?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Would you be cruel to your own children in order to be kind?

Assumming you have 10 children, 2 top, 3 average and 5 way below average.

How would you apportion your attention and distribute your help to them?

Yes I would. There would be no point spoiling those at the bottom. It would only make them less prepared for adult life. They'd have to learn to stand on their own two feet sooner or later.

My resources would be concentrated on maximising the potential of the intelligent ones.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On the other hand, Singapore is full of people such as yourself who show no gratitude whatsoever towards the wonderful achievements of the government. It is therefore necessary for people like myself to expose you for what you are.

If part of the wonderful achievements is shared not neccessarily in monetary gain by the people in terms of happiness and comfort there will be lesser issue but the problems begin when the fruits are only enjoyed by a few. The government have lost its sight on the people in their relentless pursuits of excellence in order to achieve international recognition to make themselves proud.