• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How to lose belly fat?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone can teach me how to lose belly fat?

I had been running for 2 weeks but belly still there...

I cut down on drinking but no help...

Sit-up and crunches also no use...

switch to eating brown rice instead of white rice can help to slim down...i lost a few kilos after switching to brown rice diet...

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not everyone like the brown rice.

American Injun brown rice is the best I've ever tasted, better than than Japanese rice. Usually only available in US south from Louisiana to Florida. But they serve it as side dish like coleslaw or mashed potato. When I was there, I usually order double up, even triple up when I was real hungry.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cerebral said:
\

My thoughts on the food pyramid.

Food Pyramid is way overdue for a correction. We are no longer farmers and do not need such a large base of carbohydrates. For Macs to claim that they follow the food pyramid, I will be very worried that I am consuming large amount of unnecessary carbs. And they forgot to mention that 1 meal (Burger+Fries+Soft Drink) has approx 1000 calories!, before you even upsize it... If your daily requirement is only 2k calories, how to eat Macs..... Not to mention that addictives and salt.

Food Pyramid is still the way to go with carb your staple food except that in Asia the amount of carb consumed, especially hawker food, is just too much while the amount of vegetable and fruit is much too little. For Westerners especially Americans, although the pyramid is more balanced, the overall quantity consumed is much in excess. Nutritionists recommend a balanced diet most of the time and in accordance to the food pyramid with slight adjustments to your condition. If you go on an extremely low carb diet to lose weight, despite your fat cells, you will still need to satisfy your energy requirement by eating more protein, either meat, fish or some bean stuff like tofu, which can also give some energy but not in as efficient a way as from carb. The problem with food substitution is that another organ is being called into the digestion process and could be overworked especially if an extreme diet is being followed.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Starve The Body Of Carb

starving_children.jpg

A girl I knew was so sickly that she possess six packs on her abs.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Food Pyramid is still the way to go with carb your staple food except that in Asia the amount of carb consumed, especially hawker food, is just too much while the amount of vegetable and fruit is much too little. For Westerners especially Americans, although the pyramid is more balanced, the overall quantity consumed is much in excess. Nutritionists recommend a balanced diet most of the time and in accordance to the food pyramid with slight adjustments to your condition. If you go on an extremely low carb diet to lose weight, despite your fat cells, you will still need to satisfy your energy requirement by eating more protein, either meat, fish or some bean stuff like tofu, which can also give some energy but not in as efficient a way as from carb. The problem with food substitution is that another organ is being called into the digestion process and could be overworked especially if an extreme diet is being followed.

I know that this may not be the forum to discuss nutrition, but if someone uses the 40:40:20 caloric split for carbs:Protein:fats, I don't think you can call carb the staple anymore and I think it is highly sustainable.

I do agree on your point on too little vegetable and fruits are being consumed, and over-substitution of carbs to protein will put your system under tremendous stress. That's why typical high protein diet cannot be sustained for more than 2 months.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There's many diets which call for less carb consumption. Like atkins diet, ketonic and paleontology diet. The paleontology diet encourages ppl to eat what their cavemen ancestors ate thousands of yrs ago since during that time they didn't grow crops hence they ate mostly meat and fruit or burries they picked. Cavemen during that time were obviously not overweight cos they needed to hunt and the food they ate didn't enable them to put on that much weight but i believe it's mostly cos of the hard life they led.

At the end of the day your caloric intake cannot exceed what your body needs if not you'll put on weight, that's ok if you're bulking aka putting on muscle. If you're becoming fatter than it's pointless. I doubt any here are actually bulking to put on more muscle but it's good to have more muscles. Nope you won't balloon up like those body builders. You don't become that big by mistake.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chinese tea sold at a chinese medical shop in AMK, near MRT station and hawker center. Ask around for a medical shop that belong to Wong Fei Hong disciple. Not kidding.

Ask for diet tea, it comes in small tea bags individually warped. Was told that some spa buy and repackage as their own.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chinese tea sold at a chinese medical shop in AMK, near MRT station and hawker center. Ask around for a medical shop that belong to Wong Fei Hong disciple. Not kidding.

Ask for diet tea, it comes in small tea bags individually warped. Was told that some spa buy and repackage as their own.

There are plenty of supplements that are supposed to help with slimming including acai, etc. Here's some of the available products:

http://www.iherb.com/search?kw=diet teas

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cerebral said:
I know that this may not be the forum to discuss nutrition, but if someone uses the 40:40:20 caloric split for carbs:Protein:fats, I don't think you can call carb the staple anymore and I think it is highly sustainable.

I do agree on your point on too little vegetable and fruits are being consumed, and over-substitution of carbs to protein will put your system under tremendous stress. That's why typical high protein diet cannot be sustained for more than 2 months.

Please check your food pyramid again. WHO and FAO both put total carb at 55 to 75% and proteins at 10 to 15%.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
There are plenty of supplements that are supposed to help with slimming including acai, etc.

Besides the benefits on health etc... Supplements are still adding calorie, no?

Or does consuming these listed supplements, causes your fat cells to do aerobics and burns away?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Or does consuming these listed supplements, causes your fat cells to do aerobics and burns away?

Supplements ensure that you are about getting the difficult to get nutrients that are destroyed by cooking, or lacking from depleted soils. Most people report a loss of weigh when they switch to a healthier diet. Take for example the use of healthy saturated oils e.g. flax seed, virgin coconut oil, etc which will improve the efficiency of the body.

The foods contributing to the overweight & health problem are foods high in carbs(not hi fibre foods), trans fats, preservative, etc.

The book I recommend people start with is targeted at the layperson & includes meal plans, exercises, the problem of aging, etc. http://www.amazon.com/Life-Plan-Ach...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1321772232&sr=1-1
A good & cheap book which is available at MPH(Raffles City). You can browse the book & understand & appreciate that weight loss is a complex issue. There are plenty of books out targeted at the young but I'm getting on in years & was looking for something targeted at my age group:smile:

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Please check your food pyramid again. WHO and FAO both put total carb at 55 to 75% and proteins at 10 to 15%.

Sorry. You must have mis-understood my post. I meant a diet following 40:40:20 splits, and not the food pyramid is at this split. and the diet at 40:40:20 split is sustainable in the long run.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Eating is the cause of growing fat. There's no doubt about it. You can't grow fat out of breathing thin air. Problem is unlike wild animals, we cook food with condiments to make it more delicious. More delicious induces over indulgence. Solution therefore must begin with eating less corresponding to how sedentary your lifestyle is. You'll be starved to death without food. But you'll grow fat with too much food. Moderation is still the key.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
TS is asking for retification. Not prevention and control.

Eating is the cause of growing fat. There's no doubt about it. You can't grow fat out of breathing thin air. Problem is unlike wild animals, we cook food with condiments to make it more delicious. More delicious induces over indulgence. Solution therefore must begin with eating less corresponding to how sedentary your lifestyle is. You'll be starved to death without food. But you'll grow fat with too much food. Moderation is still the key.

kemana

Alfrescian
Loyal

2 wks cannot lah. Too short time period to see major changes. Dun concentrate on ab exercise only, run swim bball etc. will help. Also, Diet is most important, dun consume more than you expend. Good luck.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remembered that zinc helps in the body to absorb protein. So if muscles are necessary to increase metabolisim, then it helps TS to build muscles after exercise. Its all about burning fat, during and after the exercise.