• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How to lose belly fat?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You have to exercise for your whole body to lose weight. There is no such thing as "spot reduction" -- so don't target your love handles with sit ups. In fact, doing sit ups actually thicken your midsection.

With age we put on weight very easily. 2 weeks of exercise is simply not long enough to see any difference.

hurley

Alfrescian
Loyal
London Weight Management

body-fat.jpg

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You have to exercise for your whole body to lose weight. There is no such thing as "spot reduction" -- so don't target your love handles with sit ups. In fact, doing sit ups actually thicken your midsection.

With age we put on weight very easily. 2 weeks of exercise is simply not long enough to see any difference.

making a lifetime commitment to exercise and eat healthily .. that is the best..

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone can teach me how to lose belly fat?

I had been running for 2 weeks but belly still there...

I cut down on drinking but no help...

Sit-up and crunches also no use...

You can try these guys' methods of intensive compound exercises to have that "afterburn effect" to reduce your overall body fat quickly.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8bashNpJVHI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eRPX4TX-qzs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The key to it is to do intensive compound exercises that will use as many muscle groups as possible so that even after you are done with the workout, your body still burns out your body fat. That is the "afterburn effect'. A few minutes of intensive compound exercise is much more effective than an hr of light running.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mvpbfDCYjag" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i do run abt 2-3 times per week but tummy still as united as before.:(

Have you reduced the amount of caloric intake:confused:

As we get older our metabolism slows down, requiring less food but people don't make adjustments & become fat:( . If you want a six pack body it's possible but harder at an older age because must make adjustments for lower levels of testerone, DHEA, etc levels

That's why older weight lifters who fail to make the necessary adjustments look like fat people:smile:

If you want to look as good as this 60+ year old guy, read his book on how he did it http://www.amazon.com/Life-Plan-Ach...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1321592773&sr=1-1 The book is available at MPH at Raffles City.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

hi there

1. bro, weight watching is some lifetime thing.
2. honest, i have been doing exercises since 19; yes, it really takes determination & push!
3. my regime : workout thrice a week and if time permits, jog twice a week. even when i am on biz trip, i continue the workout unfailingly.
4. no oily, fat or fried things, no drinks no late nite, and no substance/supplements
5. of course, plenty of bonking (untrue that sex makes you weaker).
6. i stand at 1.73, still weigh 65-67kg with a 31"waistline.
7. however, not as handsome of ah ram leh!
8. you should know my age by now (look at my avatar)

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stop whatever you are doing. Running does not help to reduce your belling size.

STARVING is the solution. Starve yourserve for as long as you can endure drinking only glucose, do this for a few months. Moneyback guarantee!

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi there

1. bro, weight watching is some lifetime thing.
2. honest, i have been doing exercises since 19; yes, it really takes determination & push!
3. my regime : workout thrice a week and if time permits, jog twice a week. even when i am on biz trip, i continue the workout unfailingly.
4. no oily, fat or fried things, no drinks no late nite, and no substance/supplements
5. of course, plenty of bonking (untrue that sex makes you weaker).
6. i stand at 1.73, still weigh 65-67kg with a 31"waistline.
7. however, not as handsome of ah ram leh!
8. you should know my age by now (look at my avatar)

can share ur workout regime?

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
can share ur workout regime?

hi there

1. sure why not, red!
2. nowadays, weight resistence training to maintain & trim the muscle mass.
3. 3 to 4 muscle grps per day.
4. not too heavy weights but pretty short rest period between each set.
5. but heavy enough to "punish" the affected muscles.
6. torso, wings, shoulders and of course, the hardest is the abs.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Drinking has nothing to do with belly or weight gain. Don't believe that myth. I've been drinking like fish since sec. sch. and am still slim fit. Eating has to correspond with exercise. If you remember NS days, whether army or police, all ate like pigs at cookhouse and mess, but were still slim fit. The reason is self-evident - because we were forced to do lots of exercises. Maintenance thereafter is important too. If after NS you've slacken and accumulated fats and belly, frankly it's hard to rid off and I've seen with many friends and relatives. The belly increases your appetite to feed it while decreases your aptitude for exercise.

You cannot lose a belly grown over years, perhaps decades, in just two weeks. If so, then I worry for you. Sudden weight loss is serious condition for medical and life insurance underwriting because it can cause complication to your body function already accustomed to over years and decades. The shortest time frame considered medically safe is to lose no more than 5 k.g. over at least 6 months.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ts expects to lose weight after only 1 or 2 weeks of moderate exercise?

Try a diet change. Take up a ketonic diet. Don't eat any carbs. Load up more on fats and protein. Your body will undergo ketosis and learn to burn fat on your body. Do a weekend carb load up.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Stop whatever you are doing. Running does not help to reduce your belling size.

STARVING is the solution. Starve yourserve for as long as you can endure drinking only glucose, do this for a few months. Moneyback guarantee!

Starving is not healthy for the body. Many crash dieter have been starving themselves but find that they regain weight when they start eating again.

If you stop eating, the body's metabolism will slow down to a crawl. Many advise eating smaller meals more frequently & to eat complex carbs like fruits, nuts, veggy, etc.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Starving is not healthy for the body. Many crash dieter have been starving themselves but find that they regain weight when they start eating again.

If you stop eating, the body's metabolism will slow down to a crawl. Many advise eating smaller meals more frequently & to eat complex carbs like fruits, nuts, veggy, etc.

Yup the body also uses up different portions for fuel first. Fats are the last to go before muscles and the glycogen stored. Therefore a person that's done starving himself has a lower metabolism due to reduced muscle mass.

There's also something known as skinny fat. It means a person with an overall low body mass but still with a pretty high fat percentage. This means that even though he doesn't look fat at all he's not fit and has alot of fat.

To maintain muscle mass one needs to eat 1g of protein for his muscle mass.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yup the body also uses up different portions for fuel first. Fats are the last to go before muscles and the glycogen stored. Therefore a person that's done starving himself has a lower metabolism due to reduced muscle mass.

There's also something known as skinny fat. It means a person with an overall low body mass but still with a pretty high fat percentage. This means that even though he doesn't look fat at all he's not fit and has alot of fat.

To maintain muscle mass one needs to eat 1g of protein for his muscle mass.

Just focus on healthy foods that's what I'm doing. People have noticed that I've lost weight & kept it off. :smile: All I'm doing is avoiding snacking on processed foods, avoiding MacD/KFC, no more fizzy drinks, etc