• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How the "bro" name calling started?

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
as above

I visit Ang Moh forums, they don't address each other as bro so I think the bro stuffs are not copied from them.

don't remember peoples calling each other bros online until the past 2 years or maybe I don't surf net too much and have missed out this pet name.

But I notice this bros name calling have spread everywhere.

I go SLS, visit 2 ABNN shops, they also call me bro, give me the creeps.

Just how did this silly bro greeting started?...

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You visited Angmoh forums but you forgot to visit Angmoh countries with Black population. The terms "yo" (for you) and "bro" (for brother) originate from Black street slangs.

A humble advice, don't think that the web is everything; lest you become a spider.

as above

I visit Ang Moh forums, they don't address each other as bro so I think the bro stuffs are not copied from them.

don't remember peoples calling each other bros online until the past 2 years or maybe I don't surf net too much and have missed out this pet name.

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
as above

Stupid frog in the well Chink.

FuckSamLeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fellow smelly ah neh, when can we continue our gay activities? Its been a long time since you last blow for me and don't you miss my dick ramming into your arsehole?

SamuelStalin and yellow_people busy talking to Kumar lah!....lol...lol

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2vgAJQhnUhc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2vgAJQhnUhc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

jim007jimmyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
it started with pinky in the loo with ministars

Pinky : Bro u better relax and let go.....(talkin to his miniature dick)

ministars : ok Boss! ....(think Pinky was talkin to him while urinating)

:biggrin:

the rest is history!

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
last time wen me still studying gt 1 lab tech used 2 say bro tis bro dat oredi ...

dat lab experiment involved weighing tings 1 ... during ze process, ze lab tech wil say, take tis n weigh bro ...

1 of my lab gp fella looked shocked! ... he tot ze lab tech asked hm 2 take his bro n go n weigh it! ... :eek:

jw5

Loyal
as above

Actually, the "bro" name calling started as far back when sammy's forum started in delphi more than 10 years ago.
I think that it was meant to create a feeling that people who came to the forum and spoke about common topics were like "brothers", as in that they were in the same situations or had the same thoughts or interests.
Don't see anything wrong with that, it's much better than some of the vicious name calling that has started in recent years.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't make my toes laugh or tickle Leongsam's sensitive parts by suggesting that "bro" somehow originated from from Sammyboy in Delphi. Bro and Sis have been in use for decades before IBM developed the typewriter into the PC, before Apple meant a fruit or a Beatles record.

jw5

Loyal
Don't make my toes laugh or tickle Leongsam's sensitive parts by suggesting that "bro" somehow originated from from Sammyboy in Delphi. Bro and Sis have been in use for decades before IBM developed the typewriter into the PC, before Apple meant a fruit or a Beatles record.
I'm not suggesting that the "bro" name calling started in sammy's delphi forum.
I'm simply telling the thread starter that the "bro" name calling was already in existence when sammy's delphi forum started 10 years ago, and did not start only as recently as 2 years ago, as he thought.