• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How low will u go?

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Recently i came across this quote from the writer samuel beckett that i find very inspirational:

"ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."
屢戰屢敗,但屢敗屢戰 ...

愈戰愈勇 ... :eek:

cityhope

Alfrescian
Loyal
What age are you? You sound quite young. Life is full of ups and downs and probably more disappointments than successes.

Like the previous bro said, it's like a role playing game - in fact you could say that life is the ultimate role playing game. You just have to get on with it - focus on survival.

These are difficult times and many talented, worthy people are losing their jobs for no fault of their own. Take what you can get, hunker down and keep pushing forward. Recently I came across this quote from the writer Samuel Beckett that I find very inspirational:

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."
I am in my mid 30s. the quote is good

cityhope

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are others who have fallen from higher grounds, don't be too hard on yourself...

Just like playing some video games, you play the game very well, accumalated a lot of powers, etc. Then suddenly kena kill, come out without all the powers, start all over again...

The point is don't give up, use your experience to recover and regain all the things you used to have, might take some time, but at least you are not sinking deeper and further from your original goal...

Cheers! :smile:

Just making noise and letting off. Yes, cannot let myself sink deeper. think i have sorted myself by getting a lower pay job after being fired 2mths ago. :smile: see wat happens from here.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Actually some investors believe that giving to charity is an investment in good karma.

Look at whats happened to the Lee family. They hoard all those $$$ & are making enormous losses. A case of bad karma :confused:

those big company who donate are usually showing others that their company is stable and got the money to throw ...creating confident among business partner :wink:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro Zhihau

While I agree with you that it is prudent to save (and I do save a lot), I would like to add that a lot of Singaporeans saved and plonked their savings in properties and investments. Now they had lost a large clunk of their investments (at least on paper). So saving is just one half of the story.

As a Buddhist, I would like to suggest that everyone consider donating part of one's income to charities as well. Be it $1 or $1000, every little bit counts towards making the world a better place. Investing in our good karma is also very important.

Cheers

donate to NKF or RENCI ?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
those big company who donate are usually showing others that their company is stable and got the money to throw ...creating confident among business partner :wink:

Actually I was referring to small time investors & not to those corporations who are doing it for PR. They are quietly giving to charity a portion of the profits they make from the market. Some of them claim it is good for karma & they eventually make more profits then those who don't give.

If you use the Lees an an example of being tight fisted & doing alot of bad things to others, they've got all sorts of problems; bad luck in business, bad luck in marriage, poor health, albino in the family, alienated alot of people,...

So maybe there is such a thing as karma :eek:

ps: charity can be the tissue seller & not NKF or Renci