• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How low will u go?

cityhope

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was surprised to see many people driving cars to the job fair. If no job, why keep your car?

really? if no job yet keep car. chances are this people are still clinging on to their old lifestyle, not adaptable. I tried to get rid of my car asap when i lost my job. It is a liability.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
really? if no job yet keep car. chances are this people are still clinging on to their old lifestyle, not adaptable. I tried to get rid of my car asap when i lost my job. It is a liability.

great insights... folks are generally reluctant to change... crutch mentality? :confused::confused::confused:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Know a guy who was recently retrenched. He bought a brand new weekend car after holding on for 2 mths. Apparently the wife can't handle it. He needed to keep his sanity and managed to convince her that weekend was more suitable.

cityhope

Alfrescian
Loyal
"face" is important. Common sense is more important. Cannot understand how ppl think sometimes. In front of your friends u look good, chances are they are saying stuff and laughing behind your back.

jw5

Loyal
Know a guy who was recently retrenched. He bought a brand new weekend car after holding on for 2 mths. Apparently the wife can't handle it. He needed to keep his sanity and managed to convince her that weekend was more suitable.
It seems that it's always the woman who calls the shots, eh?
The woman is allowed to call the shots so that the man can continue shooting? :smile:

jw5

Loyal
"face" is important. Common sense is more important. Cannot understand how ppl think sometimes. In front of your friends u look good, chances are they are saying stuff and laughing behind your back.
If you have "friends" who are laughing at you and saying things behind your back, they are obviously not "friends".

cityhope

Alfrescian
Loyal
just accepted the job offer. cannot stand sitting around doing nothing. sigh.......after so many years, all efforts wasted. go back to fresh grad pay.

Royston46

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't feel too bad, at least got job to do.

Rough it out for the time being, tomorrow will be better!

Cheers!

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
As long as the job can cover the cost of working and still have something
left to pay the bills, even partially, one should take up the job as a temporary measure.

Having said that, you should still give your best to the job and not treat it lightly just because you are paid less than previous. Its not the current employers fault that you are paid less.

cityhope

Alfrescian
Loyal
just not happy that having worked so hard for degree and last position. I have fallen down. quite angry at the world right now. why others dont fail while i failed so miserably

Royston46

Alfrescian
Loyal
just not happy that having worked so hard for degree and last position. I have fallen down. quite angry at the world right now. why others dont fail while i failed so miserably

There are others who have fallen from higher grounds, don't be too hard on yourself...

Just like playing some video games, you play the game very well, accumalated a lot of powers, etc. Then suddenly kena kill, come out without all the powers, start all over again...

The point is don't give up, use your experience to recover and regain all the things you used to have, might take some time, but at least you are not sinking deeper and further from your original goal...

Cheers! :smile:

Addadude

Alfrescian
Loyal

What age are you? You sound quite young. Life is full of ups and downs and probably more disappointments than successes.

Like the previous bro said, it's like a role playing game - in fact you could say that life is the ultimate role playing game. You just have to get on with it - focus on survival.

These are difficult times and many talented, worthy people are losing their jobs for no fault of their own. Take what you can get, hunker down and keep pushing forward. Recently I came across this quote from the writer Samuel Beckett that I find very inspirational:

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."