• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Horizon Hills community.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Update - Press conference 10am 22.6.2014

Several years ago, I remembered once when we were planning to rent out one of our houses in HH, one lazy weekday afternoon the agent brought in a BMW 5 series W-plated prospect with windows all tinted.

I was waiting to greet the visitors as usual when out of the BMW 5 series came 3 burly and muscular Indian chaps. With due respect to my Indian friends, these 3 looked like they are part- timers from WWE. Even at 1.83cm and about 80kg I pale in comparison with all three of them.

They "claimed" they were looking to rent a house in HH as one of their wives worked as a "nurse" in Singapore but when I probed which hospital he anyhow hamtum one hospital name in JB. When they were viewing the house I got really scared as the agent was small size at 160cm. I was not prepared to fight but was prepared to do a 100m sprint out of my own house though.

Ended up they quickly left without saying anymore and I was damn relieved. From then on I requested that particular agent to at least talk to my guard in advance and ask one to follow all of them in in case we were mugged.

Not that I am bashing those guards, sometimes when I jog around my neighbourhood on Sundays at 5am, I saw them sleeping like a pig.

I also sold away one of our houses in Taman Laguna when I realise the break-ins are getting more rampant as its near to the sea and forest. Luckily I did all that if not now I will be sleeping in fear

Yes. We can really understand how JB people has been living with this fear for so many years and their desire to upgrade to a good G&G taman. Not totally crime free but at least more peace in mind.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal

The issue is catching the culprit. You need to have clear evidence that the culprit is staying in the taman. If not the culprit can continue to do break-ins wearing a mask and no one will know its them

Prevention is better than cure.

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal

sorry people... do allow me to sidetrack a little...

where can I buy pork near HH??

Tried all the hypermarkets, Bestmart, all do not sell pork...

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal

Tesco Bukit Indah should have Non-Halal section like other MY Tescos.

Eesee

Alfrescian
Loyal

A good place to buy pork is at a supermart (forgot name) which is located near a Badminton Hall opp Bestmart. This badminton hall is behind a petrol station opposite Bestmart. MacDonald is next to this petrol station and the badminton hall is just behind this petrol station. As you drive along Nusa Bestari, you will see Bestmart on your left, and the petrol station is opposite. At the traffic light junction, turn right and after you turn right, the badminton hall is at the left side, then turn left after the badminton hall, the supermart is located diagonally opposite the badminton hall. Sorry unable to give road names as I did not take note of them.

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal

A good place to buy pork is at a supermart (forgot name) which is located near a Badminton Hall opp Bestmart. This badminton hall is behind a petrol station opposite Bestmart. MacDonald is next to this petrol station and the badminton hall is just behind this petrol station. As you drive along Nusa Bestari, you will see Bestmart on your left, and the petrol station is opposite. At the traffic light junction, turn right and after you turn right, the badminton hall is at the left side, then turn left after the badminton hall, the supermart is located diagonally opposite the badminton hall. Sorry unable to give road names as I did not take note of them.

Oh good! I know where is the badminton hall!

thanks for the information!

Eesee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Oh good! I know where is the badminton hall!

thanks for the information!

You are welcomed. The pork often looks fresh and is much cheaper than Spore. BTW I dont eat pork but my family members said tbe pork taste better than what we bought in spore.

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal

The supermarket name锦合。they do have a branch in nusa duta.

Niucomer

Alfrescian
Loyal

We also talked to Victor recently and he has also shared with us the difficulty if its really criminals who rent in advance to commit crime later as its a modus operandi that they can repeat elsewhere easily in other G&G communities.

Then again, it could be a convenient theory for management.

The issue is catching the culprit. You need to have clear evidence that the culprit is staying in the taman. If not the culprit can continue to do break-ins wearing a mask and no one will know its them

Until one is caught and the assumption substantiated with evidence, it is still an assumption. A rather convenient assumption I would say.

Not that I am bashing those guards, sometimes when I jog around my neighbourhood on Sundays at 5am, I saw them sleeping like a pig.

Agree, the night guards are often seen dozing off. Can't blame them since most hold a day job.

Their patrol rounds on the motorbikes are quite useless. Instead of travelling at a slow speed and checking on houses as they pass, they often zoom from one clocking station to another without a single glance at the houses.

Ceremonial guards.

Niucomer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Press conference called by residents on recent robbery in HH.

Date: 22.6.2014 (Sunday)
Time: 10.00am
Place: 23A Jalan Indah 1/2, Taman Bukit Indah

Heard the protagonist calling the press conference did not turn up at the press conference. Some resident didn't take it too kindly and walk out of meeting after waiting for a while.

What a disappointment.

Someone could have gotten to him in the nick of time. :cool:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal

Even the residents aren't that interested in protecting their own safety nowadays

Heard the protagonist calling the press conference did not turn up at the press conference. Some resident didn't take it too kindly and walk out of meeting after waiting for a while.

What a disappointment.

Someone could have gotten to him in the nick of time. :cool:

yuenfs123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Holding an OTP The Valley. i just wrote your experience to the developer as i find that must be a nightmare for you. i am asking what other assurances do buyers have other than the 24 months defect warranty. btw have HH resolve the issues you have highlighted?

okkidoggi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Horizon Hills will be launching "The Valley West Precinct" new phase 6B1/6B2 for registration which consists of

6B1 ( 24' x 75' ) Indicative Price from RM1 mil onward

2 storey Link House intermediate, build up 2,537 sf
2 storey Link House Corner, build up 2,622 sf

6B2 ( 22' x 75' ) Indicative Price from RM900k onward

2 storey Link House intermediate, build up 2,361 sf
2 storey Link House Corner, build up 2,643 sf

Am not buying anymore but I think this is still a good deal especially if you get units below 1M.

I am looking to invest in HH. I did some surveys on resale market, terrace units with built up about 2600sqft are priced slightly below 1 million. What is your opinion? has HH lost its color with so many competition out there. Is this not a good time to buy in HH?

Besides, any bros here have information about HH new launches? what is the current phase that the developer is launching? Is it better to buy from developer than resale?

yuenfs123

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am looking to invest in HH. I did some surveys on resale market, terrace units with built up about 2600sqft are priced slightly below 1 million. What is your opinion? has HH lost its color with so many competition out there. Is this not a good time to buy in HH?

Besides, any bros here have information about HH new launches? what is the current phase that the developer is launching? Is it better to buy from developer than resale?

Me juz signed spa with developer. You get free golf membership, legal fee and 24 months security fees. i believe the golf membership is given becausr of the purchase price for super link house is at least RM1mio. Also compare the building material, layout, design, land area, as they may not be the same for the same type of housing in different precints.

yuenfs123

Alfrescian
Loyal

From my resale survey there are limited super-link house with 2600 built up. If u can find something that size price below RM1mio u should go for it - value for $. i have a daily email alert thru propertyguru msia based on that criterua which i never get any alert message.

For my case i have chosen to buy from developer.

okkidoggi

Alfrescian
Loyal
From my resale survey there are limited super-link house with 2600 built up. If u can find something that size price below RM1mio u should go for it - value for $. i have a daily email alert thru propertyguru msia based on that criterua which i never get any alert message.

For my case i have chosen to buy from developer.

I got one offer for the Green completing soon, priced about 900k, 2600Sqft, non-bumi.

Anyone here can describe the features or advantages and disadvantages of each HH precincts? Need enlightenment. Millions thanks.

Seems like in the end we all choose to buy from the developer directly. Am worried for the resale market. Is it "got price no demand"有价无市?There are hundreds of The Hills and The Green listings out there, is it very difficult to flip (sale) or to rent out?

okkidoggi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Me juz signed spa with developer. You get free golf membership, legal fee and 24 months security fees. i believe the golf membership is given becausr of the purchase price for super link house is at least RM1mio. Also compare the building material, layout, design, land area, as they may not be the same for the same type of housing in different precints.

Mind sharing which phase? And what is the per square feet price?

Is it with the same price, we can buy a cluster house in Eco Botanic?

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I really hope for the best for buyers of HH houses. Make sure you get a few more defect forms as one page might not be enough.

Or you can learn from me. Don't even take defect forms because they will take 5-6 months to come to you and rectify it. 6 months and I would have lost RM RM 30,000 in wasted instalments.

So I spend RM 5000 to do up the defects in a month and concurrently do reno and quickly rent out for RM 5000 a month. No loss this way.

So fed up of the crazy answers given to me during my tenure there.

Q: Why are the quality and finishing so lousy and budget?
A: Oh because the management foresee that all owners will knock down the items and put in higher quality finishing products

Conclusion? Give me a bare land I build my own house better. Pay for Premium, get lousy ( I mean terok really terok.. worse and much worse than their RM 40,000 Govt flats ) finishing