• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Horizon Hills community.

Niucomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Breaking news - home invasion

is yr fren's KL home gated and guarded ?

Any difference? HH is gated and guarded (in fact, double guarded).

Having a guard post may deter the one-off amateur burglar. It certainly will not deter the professional burglar.

The key to a good guard post is well trained security personnel with a discerning eye on screening people. Otherwise, having a security post only serves to create a false illusion of safety for the residents. It draws residents into complacency, like leaving the gates and doors open :cool:.

There are just so many examples of how bads certain guards are:

1. Using the visitor's phone (not the guard's own phone) to confirm with the resident to allow entry. Who know what number was being dialled on the visitor's phone.

2. Not checking the name of the resident with the visitor and only asking for the address. Often, the resident gets a call about a visitor he does not know, only to find out that the visitor had provided the wrong street or house number.

3. Inability to converse in simple English. When a visitors starts speaking to them in English (especially one with a heavy foreign accent), they reply with a few words and just let the visitor through.

4. Allowing delivery of items without checking with the resident.

5. Allowing residents without vehicle passes in through the visitor's lane.

The list goes on, but I should stop here before it gets too hot (as it is, the weather already is hot).

Peace and good day to all.

Niucomer

Alfrescian
Loyal

i chided her for still driving an old proton saga. she just said "i wanted to upgrade to better car, but it's (ie driving an expensive car) not safe".

Reminds me of the chinese proverb - big tree attracts the wind

Also reminds me of the shops owned by Chinese in Tanjong Pinang. The old shops extends very long to the back where they have their living space. The front of the shop is dilapidated. Probably never re-paint for last 30 years. Old shelves and cupboards adorn the shop. Signboard probably from pre-war days.

Once you cross a threshold and go to their residence. There is this transformation into a completely new and well renovated living space. Tiled flooring with modern amenities. Somewhat surreal like Alice in Wonderland.

Keep a low profile.

That's what the Chinese in Indonesia have learnt for their well being and longevity.

That is also why I drive a second hand kia around :biggrin::o

nitecrawllerr

Alfrescian
Loyal

Also reminds me of the shops owned by Chinese in Tanjong Pinang. The old shops extends very long to the back where they have their living space. The front of the shop is dilapidated. Probably never re-paint for last 30 years. Old shelves and cupboards adorn the shop. Signboard probably from pre-war days.

Once you cross a threshold and go to their residence. There is this transformation into a completely new and well renovated living space. Tiled flooring with modern amenities. Somewhat surreal like Alice in Wonderland.

Keep a low profile.

That's what the Chinese in Indonesia have learnt for their well being and longevity.

Wtf! Rich Chinese indon like the above should renounce their 3rd class indon citizenship and be a Spore citizen. Why the hell are they still there living in fear? :rolleyes:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

Keep a low profile.

you're absolutely right. keep a low profile and don't keep too many valuables / cash in the house.

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wtf! Rich Chinese indon like the above should renounce their 3rd class indon citizenship and be a Spore citizen. Why the hell are they still there living in fear? :rolleyes:
They will always be third class if all they think about is making money to the exclusion of all else..

Basuki Tjahaya Purnama.

Google or youtube his name.

This is one Christian Indonesian Chinese who the Indonesians would gladly protect and give first class treatment to.

Niucomer

Alfrescian
Loyal

BREAKING NEWS - Home invasion last night in HH.

Township management and security company needs to pull their act together.

Too much HR turnover for township staff and security guards.

GOOD MORNING HORIZON HILLS ......

Any updates or development on the recent incident?

A little bird told me PDRM tangkap (caught) two of the perps. Not sure if little bird got it correct. :biggrin:

Anyone can shed some light? Will feel (and sleep) better knowing these chaps apprehended.

Be safe. :wink:

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal

A little bird told me PDRM tangkap (caught) two of the perps. Not sure if little bird got it correct. :biggrin:

Anyone can shed some light? Will feel (and sleep) better knowing these chaps apprehended.

Niucomer, your little bird is 'quite the bird'. Let's hope his twits to you are true to mark. Peace.

Last edited:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lets hope they were caught! ( Even though I have never heard of house robbers being caught in JB during my 20 years there )

Niucomer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Niucomer, your little bird is 'quite the bird'. Let's hope his twits to you are true to mark. Peace.

I hope so too.

My concern was that this could be just a public relations move ( :wink: wink wink if you know what I mean) to appease the folks, something not unheard of. Thus my asking if other birdies had any updates.

Good to have the matter closed soon.

Have a great weekend with the family (the buffet spread at Trader's is quite nice).

Disclaimer: Not related to Trader's ... cheers

Niucomer

Alfrescian
Loyal

(Even though I have never heard of house robbers being caught in JB during my 20 years there )

Hear hear.

Well let's hope for the best and plan for the worst.

1) Be careful! Doesn't mean that you are staying in a safe and high-end taman means there is ZERO rate of robbery. Those robbers can just rent your neighbour house and use it as a launching pad / base. This could be happening right now as I cant believe the spate of robberies can be so coincidental. The robbers are not dumb la. Horizon Hills is not easy to attack from outside. So an internal attack is possible. Returning to base is easy too

Puteri, I was skeptical when I first read this. But seems a little bird told me that it is indeed possible and may be the case. Some (or MOST) owners do not care much about the quality of their tenants, so long the yield is handsome. So sad.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

Some contractors will rent yr neighbour house or room in a newly completed project, to look for more buz daily. Sickening.. like hor sin.

Niucomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Update - Press conference 10am 22.6.2014

Hear ye ....

Press conference called by residents on recent robbery in HH.

Date: 22.6.2014 (Sunday)
Time: 10.00am
Place: 23A Jalan Indah 1/2, Taman Bukit Indah

Sorry for late reporting, got shift work so da little bird couldn't tweet twit to me :biggrin:

I hope someone can attend and give some information cos tomorrow got morning shift work. Maybe I try rush there when shift ends 1pm. If the residents long winded, maybe still get to hear some info.

By way, Sin Chew newspaper on 19/6 got article on recent incident.

Quite silly for township to ignore the 2 victimised families. Now paper cannot wrap fire liao (chinese saying). :cool:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Re: Update - Press conference 10am 22.6.2014

Thanks for sharing, nice new nick.

Yes, just came back and my wife showed me the circular. I really hope that they wake up and do the necessary.

We also talked to Victor recently and he has also shared with us the difficulty if its really criminals who rent in advance to
commit crime later as its a modus operandi that they can repeat elsewhere easily in other G&G communities.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks for sharing, nice new nick.

Yes, just came back and my wife showed me the circular. I really hope that they wake up and do the necessary.

We also talked to Victor recently and he has also shared with us the difficulty if its really criminals who rent in advance to
commit crime later as its a modus operandi that they can repeat elsewhere easily in other G&G communities.

How about making tenants placing 1 year deposit? Maybe like 2 mths with landlord, 10 mths with management (to be returned with interest received from banks), in case owner sells house.

Though a rather big turnoff for prospective tenants but overall better for everyone in the community. I believe every case is those one attempt hit n immediately run incident so it's not that easy to cover the deposit loss with their loot. Big deterrent.

Only question is whether will the tenants trust the management with their 10 mth deposit?

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal

Several years ago, I remembered once when we were planning to rent out one of our houses in HH, one lazy weekday afternoon the agent brought in a BMW 5 series W-plated prospect with windows all tinted.

I was waiting to greet the visitors as usual when out of the BMW 5 series came 3 burly and muscular Indian chaps. With due respect to my Indian friends, these 3 looked like they are part- timers from WWE. Even at 1.83cm and about 80kg I pale in comparison with all three of them.

They "claimed" they were looking to rent a house in HH as one of their wives worked as a "nurse" in Singapore but when I probed which hospital he anyhow hamtum one hospital name in JB. When they were viewing the house I got really scared as the agent was small size at 160cm. I was not prepared to fight but was prepared to do a 100m sprint out of my own house though.

Ended up they quickly left without saying anymore and I was damn relieved. From then on I requested that particular agent to at least talk to my guard in advance and ask one to follow all of them in in case we were mugged.

Not that I am bashing those guards, sometimes when I jog around my neighbourhood on Sundays at 5am, I saw them sleeping like a pig.

I also sold away one of our houses in Taman Laguna when I realise the break-ins are getting more rampant as its near to the sea and forest. Luckily I did all that if not now I will be sleeping in fear

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal

The issue is catching the culprit. You need to have clear evidence that the culprit is staying in the taman. If not the culprit can continue to do break-ins wearing a mask and no one will know its them

How about making tenants placing 1 year deposit? Maybe like 2 mths with landlord, 10 mths with management (to be returned with interest received from banks), in case owner sells house.

Though a rather big turnoff for prospective tenants but overall better for everyone in the community. I believe every case is those one attempt hit n immediately run incident so it's not that easy to cover the deposit loss with their loot. Big deterrent.

Only question is whether will the tenants trust the management with their 10 mth deposit?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Central tenant particulars database kept by the management committee will be useful.

Aviator

Alfrescian
Loyal

Problem of too many units and too many unoccupied or used as weekend homes