• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hong Kong McDonald’s sells pig toy missing from S’pore set

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
This running battle is now moot.

McD is bringing in the pig toy, albeit in April, so in other words, McD now conceded that it was a marketing misstep in the first place, and a recognition that Chinese majority still matters in Sinkieland, except in Sam leong mansion.

There is no such thing as a perfect marketing strategy. Companies fine tune their campaigns based on consumer feedback. McDonald's is doing just that.

What I fail to understand is why yellow sinkies are willing to patronise an outlet that sells halal food in the first place. It's a cruel way of killing animals for consumption.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I think there is a confusion, when I say Singaporean Chinese or Chinese, it means Singaporean Chinese.

I already explained in an earlier post that there is no such thing as a Singaporean Chinese. You're either Singaporean or you're Chinese.

You could be termed Singaporean of Chinese descent just as there Americans of Irish descent or Scottish descent.

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal
What I fail to understand is why yellow sinkies are willing to patronise an outlet that sells halal food in the first place. It's a cruel way of killing animals for consumption.

Can anyone tell me what is the definition of yellow sinkies?

And Mr Leongsam, don't let me hear you calling majority of Singaporean Chinese, Yellow or I am going to spread to others that you are Black Ah Neh. I mean it.
If you are talking referring to a specific group then I am ok.

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal
I already explained in an earlier post that there is no such thing as a Singaporean Chinese. You're either Singaporean or you're Chinese.

You could be termed Singaporean of Chinese descent just as there Americans of Irish descent or Scottish descent.

Yes yes, Singaporean Chinese = Singaporean of Chinese descent.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're another twit who has not read the official McDonald's press release regarding why the pig was left out. :rolleyes:

Let me reproduce it one more time just for your sake....

Sam, you are a twit. Look at the Hong Kong collection. It is clearly stated as 12 zodiac signs. The Singapore McDonald's took the same collection and took out the pig and claimed it was "not a zodiac collection."

Dun stir shit here by quoting McDonald's press release. This PR is clear, bold faced lying.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is no such thing as a perfect marketing strategy. Companies fine tune their campaigns based on consumer feedback. McDonald's is doing just that.

Lol, perfect marketing? It was not even a Marketing 101 intern would make. It was a bloody fiasco - a misreading of the segment. Fine-tuning? More a case of damage control!

As to yr second part, people -icl Malays - are just incredulous that McD thought what they were doing was halal.

And, unless you are a cow or a vegan for which grass and weeds are a plenty in my lawn, killing animals for food has all along been Homo sapiens style from Peking man days. So why the hypocrisy now?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Can anyone tell me what is the definition of yellow sinkies?

And Mr Leongsam, don't let me hear you calling majority of Singaporean Chinese, Yellow or I am going to spread to others that you are Black Ah Neh. I mean it.
If you are talking referring to a specific group then I am ok.

Yellow Sinkies refers to those with a yellow skin tone. A Singaporean of Jap or Korean descent would be included in this definition.

It's interesting how you suddenly disassociate yourself from Chinese Culture when I point out how fucked up it really is. :p

As for me you can call me whatever you damned well please. I couldn't care less. :rolleyes:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Lol, perfect marketing? It was not even a Marketing 101 intern would make. It was a bloody fiasco - a misreading of the segment. Fine-tuning? More a case of damage control!

As to yr second part, people -icl Malays - are just incredulous that McD thought what they were doing was halal.

And, unless you are a cow or a vegan for which grass and weeds are a plenty in my lawn, killing animals for food has all along been Homo sapiens style from Peking man days. So why the hypocrisy now?

You can call it whatever you want. There's no such thing as bad publicity. McDonald's will make a killing either way.

Killing animals for food is fine. All I'm saying is that slitting their throats and leaving them to bleed to death is not the ideal method when it comes to minimising the pain and suffering as they go through their death throes.

You can educate yourself at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halal

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Sam, you are a twit. Look at the Hong Kong collection. It is clearly stated as 12 zodiac signs. The Singapore McDonald's took the same collection and took out the pig and claimed it was "not a zodiac collection."

Dun stir shit here by quoting McDonald's press release. This PR is clear, bold faced lying.

If it was a zodiac collection, the pig would be included. They decided that cupid was more suitable for Singaporeans so it ceased to be a zodiac collection . They realised they were wrong and adjusted their strategy accordingly.

I say good on McDonald's. They have handled things very well.

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yellow Sinkies refers to those with a yellow skin tone. A Singaporean of Jap or Korean descent would be included in this definition.

It's interesting how you suddenly disassociate yourself from Chinese Culture when I point out how fucked up it really is. :p

As for me you can call me whatever you damned well please. I couldn't care less. :rolleyes:

Nope I have never disassociate myself from Chinese Culture. I have said earlier that Singaporean Chinese retain some Chinese Culture and not all.

FYI, China Chinese and Singaporean Chinese are different.

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal
If it was a zodiac collection, the pig would be included. They decided that cupid was more suitable for Singaporeans so it ceased to be a zodiac collection . They realised they were wrong and adjusted their strategy accordingly.

I say good on McDonald's. They have handled things very well.

OMG!! After I have said so much and others have said so much, you still cant get it.:eek:

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your statement has a rather hollow ring to it considering the fact that "China Chinese" will soon form the majority in Singapore.:rolleyes:

You are backstabbing yourself coz u r a Singaporean.
So there is no difference between India Indian and Singaporean Indian?

My grandparents are China Chinese, just because these China Chinese obtain PRs or Citizen doesnt make them Singaporean Chinese, they are still China Chinese- First generation immigrant. And thankful, we Singaporeans can tell the difference but I doubt you can.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can call it whatever you want. There's no such thing as bad publicity. McDonald's will make a killing either way.

Killing animals for food is fine. All I'm saying is that slitting their throats and leaving them to bleed to death is not the ideal method when it comes to minimising the pain and suffering as they go through their death throes.

You can educate yourself at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halal

Tks for the halal link. However, it still doesnt prove anything you said because the link said even the animal welfare groups disputed the Muslim way of killing animals. So the jury is still out there, somewhere.

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Strange... I was always under the impression my Burmese and Persian personas made a bigger impression. :confused:

OMG, u know what, I have a good friend who is a Burmese. He is very humble, understanding, sensitive to other people's culture and kind, his brother also.
He just came back from his one week Monk adventure.

But you seems different.