• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hong Kong McDonald’s sells pig toy missing from S’pore set

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
McDonalds can twist it any which way it likes and you simply just swallow the "excuse"???? You don't have any opinion of your own?

I've spent the last hour doing exactly that!:rolleyes:

My opinion is that Singaporeans have been watching too many conspiracy theory movies and they read between the lines when there isn't anything there in the first place.

It is also my opinion that some quarters in Singapore are trying to stir shit and widen the rift between muslims and the rest of Singapore. Why else would they make the absence of a stupid pig such a big issue?

I further believe that trouble makers should be arrested for sedition. That is my honest OPINION.

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal
I couldn't care less about Muslims and their feelings but if I was formulating a marketing strategy, a PIG is the last animal on earth I would use in any of my marketing material. They stink.:rolleyes:

If you're not happy with McDonald's, don't eat their shit. What's the point of ranting and raving like a looney over an issue that doesn't concern you? The only reason for your shit stirring seems to be to cause strife between the muslims and the rest of Singapore. You can be arrested for that.

You can't deny the fact that it is a poor business decision. If you are selling the zodiac collection and there is a missing animal, it is a wrong move. This is Coffee Shop Talk. We are free to talk about anything.

Please don't mis-quote me. As I have said and let me repeat to you: I don't intend to stoke any racial and religious tensions. In fact I have many Malay friends.

You want to know why I am here? Because I want to bring my argument across, your argument is flawed, that why I want to rebut it. And also the fact that McDonald disregard my Chinese culture.

I don't intend to buy an HDB flat, but that doesn't mean that I am not going to be unhappy about the rising HDB costs and I will continue to talk about this issue.

That is old typical Singaporean thinking, if the issue doesn't concern you, you bo chap. But not me.

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've spent the last hour doing exactly that!:rolleyes:

My opinion is that Singaporeans have been watching too many conspiracy theory movies and they read between the lines when there isn't anything there in the first place.

It is also my opinion that some quarters in Singapore are trying to stir shit and widen the rift between muslims and the rest of Singapore. Why else would they make the absence of a stupid pig such a big issue?

I further believe that trouble makers should be arrested for sedition. That is my honest OPINION.

Read properly brother, he is criticizing you not me.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
You want to know why I am here? Because I want to bring my argument across, your argument is flawed, that why I want to rebut it. And also the fact that McDonald disregard my Chinese culture.

If you have such concern for your Chinese culture, why on earth would you have anything to do with McDonald's or any other American fast food chain in the first place???:eek:

Communities that respect their own culture keep McDonalds OUT of their neighbourhood. I repeat.... they do not let them set up shop in the first place!:rolleyes:

Chinese culture died a natural death in Singapore a long time ago. You're obviously stuck in a time warp.

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you have such concern for your Chinese culture, why on earth would you have anything to do with McDonald's or any other American fast food chain in the first place???:eek:

Communities that respect their own culture keep McDonalds OUT of their neighbourhood. I repeat.... they do not let them set up shop in the first place!:rolleyes:

Chinese culture died a natural death in Singapore a long time ago. You're obviously stuck in a time warp.

Because of Globalization bro. Don't tell me you have never eat roti prata in your life. You are a Chinese.
How about this? Have you eaten pizza? Spaghetti? Western Food? French food?
You never drink Coke before? You living in stone age?

CNY you don't give Angbao? You don't receive Angbao? You don't have reunion dinner? Your house don't stock up pineapple tarts? You don't use Chopsticks? This is not Chinese culture then what is it?

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Marketing strategies of Multinational companies always vary from country to country so there is no reason why Singapore should mirror McDonald HKs efforts. McDonald's wouldn't market a "rendang" burger in a Western country either but there's no conspiracy behind the differences. It's simply a case of targeted marketing.

McDonalds succeeded to pull the wool over yr twitty eyes! The explanation given out now is just a convenient rationalisation after realising their first Pr explanation was adding fuel to fire.

Disagree also with yr marketing explanation. Yes, you avoid selling rendang burgers to a western country; but HK and Singapore are Chinese dominant, have Chinese customs, cultural and superstitious beliefs, etc. so to say that it's a case of targeted mktg is simply --disingenuous, unleongsamingly so.

Highfalutin

Alfrescian
Loyal
To think my Muslim childhood playmates were all along being insulted by shown on Singapore TV cartoon progarams.............

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gBzJGckMYO4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gBzJGckMYO4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Ok whatever race u r lah...you know what I mean can already.

All you said was that globalisation has destroyed Chinese culture.

The last time I checked, most of my yellow Sinkie friends told me they left town during the Lunar New Year holidays. Reunion dinners were the last things on their minds. They try to get as far away from the relatives as possible. :rolleyes:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Singapore is Chinese "dominant", why is the National Language Malay and why are Sinkies cursing and swearing at the invasion of REAL Chinese?:confused:

Demographically speaking, HK and S'pore are sama2. Swearing at Real Chinese invasion is different, you twit. That's over loss of jobs, etc not over diff beliefs about zodiac you twerp. And the national language is Malay which is another McD-like aberration, but anyways, it;s only in name --nobody really believed that nowadays, only twerpy-twits like you.

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal
All you said was that globalisation has destroyed Chinese culture.

The last time I checked, most of my yellow Sinkie friends told me they left town during the Lunar New Year holidays. Reunion dinners were the last things on their minds. They try to get as far away from the relatives as possible. :rolleyes:

I am not sure what kind of friends you have so as to explain why this is so that ALL your Chinese friends left town during CNY.

1) Did they leave Singapore for Holidays TOGETHER with their families?

2) Did they leave Singapore to meet their families?

3) Did they leave Singapore for other valid reasons? E.g. to avoid relatives asking why they are still not married at 40 yrs old? Or because of work issue?

4) Why don't you switch on the TV during the CNY eve or go ChinaTown to see how many Singaporeans Chinese are shopping or celebrating CNY with their families?

5) Are your Chinese friends REPRESENTATIVE of the whole Chinese Singaporean population in Singapore? How do you substantiate?

6) So if you are a Malay or Indian or whatever race, globalization have also destroyed your culture. Because you have eaten pizza, Spaghetti, Western Food, French food, drink Coke.
Can you name me more than 5 countries whereby they are not affected by Globalization because they choose not to?

7) If you are a Malay or Indian or whatever race you are, globalization have also destroyed your culture because you have eaten Halal Hokkien Mee in the halal food courts in Singapore.

8) Please don't call Chinese Yellow because I never call you Dirty Black that looked like Ah Neh from 3rd world country.

9) This one point alone does not mean that there are no Chinese Culture in Singapore. E.g. Singaporean Chinese still use Chopstick to eat and mind you, my Malay/Indian friends are also very good at using Chopsticks. This is still Chinese Culture.

10) Game on if you still want to talk about it.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Yellow families hate each other. They're interested only in relatives that benefit them in one way or another.

The yellow Sinkie friends I have are all successful and they leave town to get away from all their free loading poorer relatives.

I call them yellow rather than Chinese because they aren't Chinese anymore. They're now Singaporeans. Don't let the govt kid you regarding the term "race". That entry in your identity card is part of the PAP divide and rule strategy.

Globalisation has touched almost every country except those with closed borders. Western culture has infiltrated (and in some cases destroyed) most other cultures because it is superior. That's why McDonalds has the capability of upsetting so many people. It's because it operates from a position of strength. McDonald's can do without Singapore but Singaporeans can't survive without McDonald's.

Just accept the fact that Chinese culture is dying and you'll be a much happier person.

I am not sure what kind of friends you have so as to explain why this is so that ALL your Chinese friends left town during CNY.

1) Did they leave Singapore for Holidays TOGETHER with their families?

2) Did they leave Singapore to meet their families?

3) Did they leave Singapore for other valid reasons? E.g. to avoid relatives asking why they are still not married at 40 yrs old? Or because of work issue?

4) Why don't you switch on the TV during the CNY eve or go ChinaTown to see how many Singaporeans Chinese are shopping or celebrating CNY with their families?

5) Are your Chinese friends REPRESENTATIVE of the whole Chinese Singaporean population in Singapore? How do you substantiate?

6) So if you are a Malay or Indian or whatever race, globalization have also destroyed your culture. Because you have eaten pizza, Spaghetti, Western Food, French food, drink Coke.
Can you name me more than 5 countries whereby they are not affected by Globalization because they choose not to?

7) If you are a Malay or Indian or whatever race you are, globalization have also destroyed your culture because you have eaten Halal Hokkien Mee in the halal food courts in Singapore.

8) Please don't call Chinese Yellow because I never call you Dirty Black that looked like Ah Neh from 3rd world country.

9) This one point alone does not mean that there are no Chinese Culture in Singapore. E.g. Singaporean Chinese still use Chopstick to eat and mind you, my Malay/Indian friends are also very good at using Chopsticks. This is still Chinese Culture.

10) Game on if you still want to talk about it.

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Demographically speaking, HK and S'pore are sama2. Swearing at Real Chinese invasion is different, you twit. That's over loss of jobs, etc not over diff beliefs about zodiac you twerp. And the national language is Malay which is another McD-like aberration, but anyways, it;s only in name --nobody really believed that nowadays, only twerpy-twits like you.

Kingrant: Both my hands and legs are up to agree totally with you!

One question to Leongsam
, what % of the population in Singapore is Chinese?
If you are not Chinese, why do you use a Chinese nick? Why don't you use your own race nick or a neutral nick?

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yellow families hate each other. They're interested only in relatives that benefit them in one way or another.

The yellow Sinkie friends I have are all successful and they leave town to get away from all their free loading poorer relatives.

I call them yellow rather than Chinese because they aren't Chinese anymore. They're now Singaporeans. Don't let the govt kid you regarding the term "race". That entry in your identity card is part of the PAP divide and rule strategy.

Globalisation has touched almost every country except those with closed borders. Western culture has infiltrated (and in some cases destroyed) most other cultures because it is superior. That's why McDonalds has the might to upset so many people. It's because it operates from a position of strength. McDonald's can do without Singapore but Singaporeans can't survive without McDonald's.

Just accept the fact that Chinese culture is dying and you'll be a much happier person.

You falsely accuse me of intending to stoke racial and religious tensions. But in fact it is hidden in your agenda.

Worse still you are trying to divide fellow Singaporeans.

I am a Chinese and I know for a fact that we don't hate each other.
Recently a Fan drop onto a Chinese couple in the Hawker centre and many Chinese stall owners help them e.g. looked after their belongings and called the police/ambulance. When interviewed, they said it is natural instinct to help one another.

If you use the word Yellow again, I am going to call you Black Ah Neh!

Western culture is not more superior. Shame on you, have you visited other western countries recently? There are Chili crab restaurant in Australia and Singapore Laska everywhere. There are Sushi restaurant all over Australia too.

Your argument is flawed. If McDonald have the might to upset us then why are they offering the Pig now????

OMG, I seriously doubt that your friends are educated and successful because you cant make a valid logical argument.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Kingrant: Both my hands and legs are up to agree totally with you!

One question to Leongsam
, what % of the population in Singapore is Chinese?
If you are not Chinese, why do you use a Chinese nick? Why don't you use your own race nick or a neutral nick?

75% of Singaporean are of Chinese ETHNICITY. However, that doesn't make them Chinese. "Chinese" is a nationality. The Chinese are part of the Mongoloid race which includes the Japs, Koreans, Tibetans etc.

I used the nick "Sam Leong" because I used to live in Sam Leong Mansion.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Western culture is not more superior. Shame on you, have you visited other western countries recently? There are Chili crab restaurant in Australia and Singapore Laska everywhere. There are Sushi restaurant all over Australia too.

Culture is more than just food, chopsticks and what have you. Culture defines a way of life of a particular social or ethnic group and I have to say that China isn't viewed in very favourable light in this day and age.

Mention "China" nowadays and "corruption, cheating, fake goods, fake qualifications, money before all else" come to mind immediately.

Many Chinese can't stand China either. I had numerous Chinese neighbours when I was living in Sydney and when I asked them why they came all the way to settle in "Ang Moh" land, all of them sang the same tune and told me all about the corrupt officials, the tainted food, the crime and the filthy pollution.

The fact that the Chinese poisoned their own Children with contaminated milk powder was the last straw. What sort of animals would treat their fellow citizens in such a callous manner????:eek:

The Chinese don't trust their fellow countrymen. They're now ordering milk powder directly from countries such as NZ and OZ. They trust Ang Mohs more than their own kind.

That, my friend, is what modern Chinese "culture" is all about... money above all else even if it causes the death of millions.

PS: I'm not Indian "black". I'm probably lighter than you are.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
This running battle is now moot.

McD is bringing in the pig toy, albeit in April, so in other words, McD now conceded that it was a marketing misstep in the first place, and a recognition that Chinese majority still matters in Sinkieland, except in Sam leong mansion.

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Culture is about food, chopsticks and what have you. Culture defines a way of life of a particular social or ethnic group and I have to say that China isn't viewed in very favourable light in this day and age.

Mention "China" nowadays and "corruption, cheating, fake goods, fake qualifications, money before all else" come to mind immediately.

Many Chinese can't stand China either. I had numerous Chinese neighbours when I was living in Sydney and when I asked them why they came all the way to settle in "Ang Moh" land, all of them sang the same tune and told me all about the corrupt officials, the tainted food, the crime and the filthy pollution.

The fact that the Chinese poisoned their own Children with contaminated milk powder was the last straw. What sort of animals would treat their fellow citizens in such a callous manner????:eek:

The Chinese don't trust their fellow countrymen. They're now ordering milk powder directly from countries such as NZ and OZ. They trust Ang Mohs more than their own kind.

That, my friend, is what modern Chinese "culture" is all about... money above all else even if it causes the death of millions.

I think there is a confusion, when I say Singaporean Chinese or Chinese, it means Singaporean Chinese. When I say the Chinese or China Chinese then I am referring to the Chinese in China.

All along this thread and what I have been saying is about the Singaporean Chinese Tradition. Singaporean Chinese have kept some China Chinese's tradition such as the zodiac signs and not all.

Look I don't want to make enemies in this forum especially with a fellow Singaporean whether he is Chinese, Malay or Indian so I am not going to argue with you anymore but I hope you can understand what I have been talking about and why I am passionate about this issue. - that is I am not happy with McDonald for disregarding Singaporean Chinese Traditional Culture. And as with the rest of the majority of the Chinese Singaporeans.