• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Honda Goldwing 2018 - Love this bike

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
So this is the latest incarnation of the iconic steed. My late father had one in the 1980s. If I recall correctly, the thing had a reverse gear! He was not much of a rider, although he was a car enthusiast. Anyway, he fell one time (thankfully at low speed) and immediately sold the thing off. Is the 2018 model shaft driven like the BMWs?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
So this is the latest incarnation of the iconic steed. My late father had one in the 1980s. If I recall correctly, the thing had a reverse gear! He was not much of a rider, although he was a car enthusiast. Anyway, he fell one time (thankfully at low speed) and immediately sold the thing off. Is the 2018 model shaft driven like the BMWs?

Yes shaft

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Where to learn to ride a bike? Never rode one. Easy to pass? Just once in my life I was on a moving bike (pillion rider on my fellow cadet) from Safti to Orchard Road. Lol :biggrin:

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where to learn to ride a bike? Never rode one. Easy to pass? Just once in my life I was on a moving bike (pillion rider on my fellow cadet) from Safti to Orchard Road. Lol :biggrin:
Don't aim too high. Honda Goldwing is not for beginners. For beginners, try riding on some Singapore-Malaysia hybrid bike and get used to the rough and tumble, especially smoke from the exhaust pipe, pretty vulgar.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

In Singapore still need to go by steps 2B, 2A, 2

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Don't aim too high. Honda Goldwing is not for beginners. For beginners, try riding on some Singapore-Malaysia hybrid bike and get used to the rough and tumble, especially smoke from the exhaust pipe, pretty vulgar.
In Singapore still need to go by steps 2B, 2A, 2
I just want to have a simple licence to ride a vespa scooter and bring my girlfriend around when she's in Singapore. Just for the "cool" feel, not serious about riding...

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

I start with my Filano

B082CAE0-0D56-4BCF-94D3-4A76D7B25687.png

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I just want to have a simple licence to ride a vespa scooter and bring my girlfriend around when she's in Singapore. Just for the "cool" feel, not serious about riding...

Then 2B is enough

Vespa = high SES

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
You don't have a fetish for Singapore-Malaysia hybrid bike, unlike that Malaysian dog from Pahang :cool:

Nowadays I get a new Honda Click from my Russian neighbour whenever I'm in Pattaya. Not my favorite in terms of style, but function wise it's very good.

What is a Singapore-Malaysia hybrid bike?