• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hell Gates open liao!

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
No nid lah...yesterday evening...was eating at food court...look up at tv...saw a door open all rush out dress in white...some power 1 arrive in paper car somemore...din noe nowadays hellgate open got live telecast...:biggrin::biggrin:

The getai at the Padang was impressive, with fireworks also..:biggrin:
it was so impressive that the angmo-kwee wrote in to compliment about what he witnessed & experienced.

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can u guys sing to the song of the ghost busters with these words?
When something strange screwing up your ass who are you gona call?
An invisible man screw with your wife who can you call?
When you are all alone musterbating in your room who do you call?
Da Da Da Da Da Da MOTHER FUCKERS.
Heheheh :biggrin:
walau! if u cant spell masturbate... u can at least try using PCC

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
No offence to those who believe in this...I really try to understand why they can't have a communal burning of incense papers?, even with the modified oil drums provided, many still burn over the IC's , on grass patches...???, when there are strong wind, the burning ambers fly everywhere & the next day...when one leaving home we have to walk through piles of burning ashes...not to mention the air pollution..

WHY CAN'T THEY HAVE A COMMUNAL FURNACE???

in the name of religions ...everything also can :wink:

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Speaking from a Christian's point of view, why do people burn incense. I can understand if people make offerings of chicken and fruits, because people eat that when alive. But they don't smoke incense when alive so why offer it to the dead?

What ift it makes them "incensed"? Then how can offerings be appeasing the spirits? :p
speaking from a rational point of view... why do we pay GST when there's no service rendered?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Speaking from a Christian's point of view, why do people burn incense. I can understand if people make offerings of chicken and fruits, because people eat that when alive. But they don't smoke incense when alive so why offer it to the dead?

What ift it makes them "incensed"? Then how can offerings be appeasing the spirits? :p

speaking from a free-thinker view, why christians believe in virgin birth , walkng on water , talking snake could convice a naked couple .

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aNlCwPVXvNI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aNlCwPVXvNI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal

Taoism is native to the Chinese people, all the rest - Christianity, Buddhism, Islam - are borrrowed and foreign.

Even if you are Christian, please refrain from insulting, criticising and even questioning what has been the beliefs and way of life of your forebears. It is a tradition and heritage of the Chinese people dating back 3,000 years and continued to this day!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
walau! if u cant spell masturbate... u can at least try using PCC

Must be wanking with one hand & typing with the other..jerky, so the words misspell...the grammer teacher nowadays sleeping, maybe this time of the month must sleep more often...:biggrin:

nitecrawllerr

Alfrescian
Loyal
You missed the point. Help! Help! Fire! Fire! Smog and ashes all around! Nothing to do what you believe in but everything to do with what you practise that impose harm and inconvenience on others who don't share your belief and practice.

My sympathy to those with asthmatic problems. :o

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My sympathy to those with asthmatic problems. :o

I use to suffer during this period of the year, for I have sensitivity to pollutants, nose will get jammed & a bad headache will com after that. I am well prepared for the 7th month of the lunar calender...

Thankfully, these last 10 years, their are lesser & lesser burning of incense around my abode, for the older generation is getting, lesser, lesser & lesser & the younger generation, few pratices this. Even the getai are getting lesser, thus giving me less noisy evening.

nitecrawllerr

Alfrescian
Loyal
I use to suffer during this period of the year, for I have sensitivity to pollutants, nose will get jammed & a bad headache will com after that. I am well prepared for the 7th month of the lunar calender...

Thankfully, these last 10 years, their are lesser & lesser burning of incense around my abode, for the older generation is getting, lesser, lesser & lesser & the younger generation, few pratices this. Even the getai are getting lesser, thus giving me less noisy evening.

I can put up with the noise. But what worry me most is the health issue.

If only they have E-burning. :biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Have they outsourced the rounding up of 'AWOL' personnel to you?, you must be very busy from 00:00hrs to 2359hrs...:biggrin:

AWOL can't complete hellervist high key cycle, no milestone, no award.

Go to DB, can't collect Hell$9,000,000. :biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
AWOL can't complete hellervist high key cycle, no milestone, no award.

Go to DB, can't collect Hell$9,000,000. :biggrin:

You are not going to shoo in those who wants an extended 'holiday' here? your specialty! in catching and assisting in catching AWOLS!:biggrin:

Mentri_Besar_emas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Help! Help! Fire! Fire! Fire everywhere around my neighborhood. Ashes flying all over. Blackburnt patches on pavements and turfs. Where's NEA?

NEA : Busy monitoring and ambushing illegal hawkers like NSP and illegal speakers like SDP, those are serious threat to national security; high priority. Burning stuff is small matter, unless MP got set on fire.

hey, my spare bike wheel downstair also got burnt ah!. I dont know if the bloke think he can send tat spare to Hell for his relatives' bike ??

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are, but many aunties and uncles don't want to use. They want to burn at a spot most directly perpendicularly down their flat. If that spot happens to pavement or turf, also burn, don't care. Got drain in front also lined with burning joss and food offerings. Can't argue with them aunties and uncles; they'd scold you until your head also blackburnt.

You are treading on dangerous ground. Just like when you question why someone must kill a sheep in a public place in full view of children (SPCA), or let a certain animal wander and shit all over the streets (NEA) because it is "holy" - but relished by others in fast food restaurants?

Live and let live! Look at it positively. 7th month traditional practices come just once in a year - like other traditional practices - it's difficult sometimes to rationalise with them. Treat it like a season - winter, summer, spring and autumn - which bring some changes to the urban environment.

Ashes become nutrients for the grass. Joss sticks and fruit leftover create employment for the sanitation workers.

And most important of all - appreciate the Singapore gahment allowing them to practise this - that anyone can practise their religion and religious practices freely in Singapore. You can't find this in many countries.

Anyway, Hellgate close liao. Our brothers and sisters, aunties and uncles have gone "home" already. So the 7th month season is over. Let's us celebrate together on another once-in-a-year occasion this Friday.

Last edited:

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can put up with the noise. But what worry me most is the health issue.

If only they have E-burning. :biggrin:

Your wish may come true - they are already burning notebooks, iphones and fast internet modem - which they can use in the other world.

Don't be surprised if you receive an email from them one day - or receive a hell large amount of deposit into your bank account through internet banking.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal

Surprising that you claim speaking from a Christian point of view.

Why do churchgoers practise offerings- whether in case or kind it's still the same thing? Why they practise communal? Why do Christian burn candles? Why do Christian believe that life can be resurrected after 3 days? You need to go to bible study Sunday school more often.