• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hell Gates open liao!

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can we bribe the king of the netherworld to claim Old Fart, Clown Prince and the Jinx all in one go by the end of the festival?

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
funny. i have a muslim colleague who told me tonight the gates of paradise open and the gates of hell shut for a month.

:confused:

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
Michael Jackson will rise and do the Thriller Party, this year we must received MJ from the underworld.

UseYourBrain

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah! next day going out or to work...one have to navigate the 'minefields' of discarded offerings, ashes, candle sticks..and what nots!!

WHY CAN'T THEY BURN IN A COMMUNAL FURNACE???

I tot uob, dbs n OCBC offered on line transaction? Can TT also? Why contribute to global warming when they can do paperless and smokeless ?

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
Speaking from a Christian's point of view, why do people burn incense. I can understand if people make offerings of chicken and fruits, because people eat that when alive. But they don't smoke incense when alive so why offer it to the dead?

What ift it makes them "incensed"? Then how can offerings be appeasing the spirits? :p

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
Speaking from a Christian's point of view, why do people burn incense. I can understand if people make offerings of chicken and fruits, because people eat that when alive. But they don't smoke incense when alive so why offer it to the dead?

What ift it makes them "incensed"? Then how can offerings be appeasing the spirits? :p

Hey seller,

Don't be rude and know your place. Simply shut up.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
funny. i have a muslim colleague who told me tonight the gates of paradise open and the gates of hell shut for a month.

:confused:

Nowadays they are very advance...they have revolving doors...who knows they lead to the same place?:rolleyes:

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I'll burn something for you and you can check whether you recieve it or not? LV Bag want?

Pek Kim Lui

Alfrescian
Loyal

Since you ask so nicely. The burning of incense is meant to inform that there is an offering. Sort of like a signal if you like.

Pek Kim Lui

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah! next day going out or to work...one have to navigate the 'minefields' of discarded offerings, ashes, candle sticks..and what nots!!

WHY CAN'T THEY BURN IN A COMMUNAL FURNACE???

They do have a communal furnace just that some people are still too stubborn due to the believe that the offerings will get mixed up and their loved ones will not be able to recieve the goodies.

Pek Kim Lui

Alfrescian
Loyal
or can't they simply burn just one cheque

they can write any amount in there :rolleyes:

Simple. First there must be sufficient $$ in the account otherwise the cheque will be dishonoured. After that you get angry spirits after you. Thus not very advisable. :biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why are people alive afraid of dead ghosts and also afraid of dying themselves. If dead ghosts are so powerful, go and die and become powerful, isn't it? Why should the alive appease the dead? Being alive is being more powerful than being dead, that's commonsense. The dead are envying those alive and wishing they weren't dead, if they still could think. It's ironic sadness that many of those alive can't think.

Anyway, look out for Aug. 24 (Tue.) also. Fire! Fire! Help! Help!...again!

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
An old fart will probably be returning with them this yr and will rule over them as their new emperor for all eternity!

If you seen old fart this month you are consider lucky. That is a live person, not dead yet. After he died you tell people you saw him nobody will beleives you.

So be quick to catch a glipse of him now during this month.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why do Christains have holy communion, assumed drinking the blood of Christ? Of course no real blood involve but use 'wine' or Ribenna Vit C water to represent blood. So does that answer why Chinese use incense to represent something?

Christians are worst than Chinese when comes to food. Always have to pray and thank God first before eating the food. So is praying and thanking God for the food before you patake it the same as Chinese offering to their Gods?

Why you asking these questions when you cannot see that Christains also did the same thing.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why do Christains have holy communion, assumed drinking the blood of Christ? Of course no real blood involve but use 'wine' or Ribenna Vit C water to represent blood. So does that answer why Chinese use incense to represent something?

Christians are worst than Chinese when comes to food. Always have to pray and thank God first before eating the food. So is praying and thanking God for the food before you patake it the same as Chinese offering to their Gods?

Why you asking these questions when you cannot see that Christains also did the same thing.

You missed the point. Help! Help! Fire! Fire! Smog and ashes all around! Nothing to do what you believe in but everything to do with what you practise that impose harm and inconvenience on others who don't share your belief and practice.