• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat He spent $2,000 on 7 replicas

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
As Sam has famously said, the watch you wear is an extension of your personality. The function is not limited to telling the time. You can even treat is as a piece of jewellery, and by extension, a status symbol.

If you are already a Li Ka Shing, you don't need a "symbol" to symbolize your status. You are the status symbol, and a lesser watch brand will love to ride on your existing status symbol to enhance it's brand image. If you are a celebrity, the watch brand will even pay you to wear their watches so that your status symbol can somehow rub onto their brand by association.

By and large, consumers are doing it the reverse way. They want the status symbol of the brand to rub onto them by association, which is why they are prepared to pay the price of gold for the quality of stainless steel.

In short, if you have status like Li Ka Shing or Steve Jobs, you don't need a symbol. For commoners, you have to pay to buy yourself a status symbol.
Ya that’s right. When you are rich, you wear what also no problem. When you are office worker and have to scrimp and save to buy branded to flaunt your wealth makes no point at all indeed.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
As Sam has famously said, the watch you wear is an extension of your personality. The function is not limited to telling the time. You can even treat is as a piece of jewellery, and by extension, a status symbol.

If you are already a Li Ka Shing, you don't need a "symbol" to symbolize your status. You are the status symbol, and a lesser watch brand will love to ride on your existing status symbol to enhance it's brand image. If you are a celebrity, the watch brand will even pay you to wear their watches so that your status symbol can somehow rub onto their brand by association.

By and large, consumers are doing it the reverse way. They want the status symbol of the brand to rub onto them by association, which is why they are prepared to pay the price of gold for the quality of stainless steel.

In short, if you have status like Li Ka Shing or Steve Jobs, you don't need a symbol. For commoners, you have to pay to buy yourself a status symbol.

you r so right, that's why i hate demin, they r uncomfortable. i prefer larger baggy pants and my nightstick is not put into a spot cramped with the body fat.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya that’s right. When you are rich, you wear what also no problem. When you are office worker and have to scrimp and save to buy branded to flaunt your wealth makes no point at all indeed.
In other words, if you have the quality, you are not afraid to be humble.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never buy a fake watch. You can fool others but not yourself. Wear what you can afford, seiko is a good bet.
If one is of the view that the function of a watch is just to tell the time, then it really doesn't matter if it's a genuine or fake watch. They are only interested if it's functional.

If you show my Ah Gong or Ah Ma a fake Patek Philippe, I think if they feel it's nice they will wear it without bothering over if it's genuine or fake. To the people who really see watches as a time telling device, they have no concept of genuine or fake. It's just a functional watch.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
In other words, if you have the quality, you are not afraid to be humble.
It’s not humble but freedom of expression. When you are rich and your friends know you are rich, even if you wear counterfeit branded clothes they also think you wear real ones. But when you haven’t made it, even if you wear real branded that you scrimped and saved to buy, others may also think they are fake.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
It’s not humble but freedom of expression. When you are rich and your friends know you are rich, even if you wear counterfeit branded clothes they also think you wear real ones. But when you haven’t made it, even if you wear real branded that you scrimped and saved to buy, others may also think they are fake.
KNN when you have A1 distinction for english and literature you speak broken english on tv people will also respect you provided they saw and verified with Oxford that is a genuine A1 KNN

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
If one is of the view that the function of a watch is just to tell the time, then it really doesn't matter if it's a genuine or fake watch. They are only interested if it's functional.

If you show my Ah Gong or Ah Ma a fake Patek Philippe, I think if they feel it's nice they will wear it without bothering over if it's genuine or fake. To the people who really see watches as a time telling device, they have no concept of genuine or fake. It's just a functional watch.
A luxury watch is for the aficionado (ditto for all luxury branded consumer goods and cars). Typically, a watch aficionado would be one who is able to afford expensive watches, having arrived at a certain station in life. The problem arises when one is not able to afford and yet want to be an aficionado. Hence the market for counterfeit. Those who see the watch as a mere functional item is not the issue here. For them and the ah gong or ah ma you mentioned, a Casio or a Timex would do the job admirably. My firm belief is to live and spend within one's means. Don't lust after something so much that one needs to buy a fake product to fool others.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN when you have A1 distinction for english and literature you speak broken english on tv people will also respect you provided they saw and verified with Oxford that is a genuine A1 KNN

You Malaysian dogs sure everything fake including English A1. No wonder everything can also link to counterfeit.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
I'm not a real estate expert, but can JB landed houses be considered as "replicas" of Sinkie landed houses? :p
Lol :biggrin: good spot!
She's wanted landed property and start investing in Johor. And when the tide against Barisan tilted the boat, she KPKB here and there about Mahatir and HSR etc etc ... Typical KGK who thinks A1 in GCE O levels means everything in life. No medicine can help this type of Gong Jibuy. Lol :biggrin:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
A luxury watch is for the aficionado (ditto for all luxury branded consumer goods and cars). Typically, a watch aficionado would be one who is able to afford expensive watches, having arrived at a certain station in life. The problem arises when one is not able to afford and yet want to be an aficionado. Hence the market for counterfeit. Those who see the watch as a mere functional item is not the issue here. For them and the ah gong or ah ma you mentioned, a Casio or a Timex would do the job admirably. My firm belief is to live and spend within one's means. Don't lust after something so much that one needs to buy a fake product to fool others.
Another smart Alec when I already said my rich friend said her very rich father buy counterfeit branded shirts too.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lol :biggrin: good spot!
She's wanted landed property and start investing in Johor. And when the tide against Barisan tilted the boat, she KPKB here and there about Mahatir and HSR etc etc ... Typical KGK who thinks A1 in GCE O levels means everything in life. No medicine can help this type of Gong Jibuy. Lol :biggrin:
See everyone? Malaysian dogs are forever repeating lies of me when @musashi already accused before and I already explained before I didn’t buy house in JB because I want landed. I bought landed in JB because for maximum capital appreciation potential.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not a real estate expert, but can JB landed houses be considered as "replicas" of Sinkie landed houses? :p
You have proven yourself to have the worst behavior in this forum casting aspersions of me non stop. Despicable to repeat lies knowing it’s not true at all.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
See everyone? Malaysian dogs are forever repeating lies of me when @musashi already accused before and I already explained before I didn’t buy house in JB because I want landed. I bought landed in JB because for maximum capital appreciation potential.
tenor.gif

I am talking to @musashi ..Gong Jibuy :biggrin:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
And now you are seeing your investment going up in smoke. Bye bye to maximum capital appreciation potential, thanks to Pakatan Harapan. Huat ah! :biggrin: