• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat He spent $2,000 on 7 replicas

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
My screw salesman watch

8F11B4D1-E039-4553-A91B-BC6396E0ACC9.jpeg

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Armani watch u also need to get a clone. Why not just get a genuine G shock? lol

i actually bought it to resell,was during black friday or something and was scouring for good offers and ideas,then i saw discounts for watches and some were really pretty,the real armani was between $200 and $300 though,even with the black friday discount the profit margin was really slim like 20 percent or less,i wasnt sure if i wanted to risk 300 bucks on something that may not sell at my desired price point and i might have to take a loss,i like proven products with huge volume demand and a highly certain moat of margin vs the market price,watches are high risk.....so i tried to google to see if there were any cheaper sources,these type of branded stuff usually had many competitors and retailers dumping it at once......one listing caught my eye.....it was on ebay for a low low price......i couldnt believe it,but the seller was located in USA and had like a hundred watches on sale,and more than 1000 feedback with 97 percent positive......and account was 3 years old.....it was probably fake anyway,.....but surely someone would pay 70 bucks for something this pretty regardless,i was gonna advertise it as a clone for cheap....95 percent of the things i sell are legit but if its OEM or a clone i would let people straight up,not interested in a scam,just making a profit margin,and sometimes people buy fake shyt anyway if it works and is cheap.

anyway it was a farking failure,bags and watches rank up there as two of the most pain in the ass things to sell ever,especially bags,backpacks.luxury bags,whatever......just stick to electronic staples and u will do great.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
my uncle say KNN some people both also don't have and have to ask people for time KNN

i didnt wear my watch one day and kept the phone in my pocket. couple of pai kia kids ask me for them at void deck, told them no watch, look at his smartphone and walk off. heng arh.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
i didnt wear my watch one day and kept the phone in my pocket. couple of pai kia kids ask me for them at void deck, told them no watch, look at his smartphone and walk off. heng arh.
KNN why the pai kia kids didn't know their smartphone can see time or they ask you for money you thought is asked for time KNN

musashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Peter must be the brother of @ginfreely ...Lol :biggrin:
KNN ginfreely wears a fugging fake timepiece and kpkb that the time drift and made by cantonese malaysians fake KNN
KNN similarly it is pointless for a single, fat and bad mouthed woman to be rich or successful in investments KNN
If you are a woman, and u are fat and single, that's like a death sentence.
Or if you have a foul mouth like @ginfreely ... You are doomed for life and after life..Lol :biggrin:
lol-smiley-face-png.40588

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
He spent $2,000 on 7 replicas
Peter has spent about $2,000 on his fake watches.ST PHOTO: LAU FOOK KONG
PUBLISHED
JUL 19, 2015, 5:00 AM SGT
FACEBOOKTWITTER

rice344566.jpg

Peter wears a different watch every day. The bank executive makes about $2,500 a month, but owns three Panerais, three Rolexes, and an Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Safari - his favourite.

A genuine version of this ivory-coloured timepiece would cost $34,000, but Peter, who did not want to be identified by his full name, bought his replica online for only $500.

"Depending on what I wear, I choose a watch to fit," said the 27-year-old.

He has spent about $2,000 on his seven fakes, which he has been buying since the start of this year. The genuine versions would have cost him about $123,000. He is part of the growing market here driving demand for counterfeit timepieces.

"I'm a watch lover, but it's just not financially feasible to buy genuine watches unless you are super rich," he said. "You can buy one genuine (Audemars Piguet), but if you like another few more colours, how can you buy another, or two more? You can buy a car with that money."

He believes that most people who bought replicas generally also owned genuine watches. He said he had two authentic Rolexes of his own. And he also does not hide the fact that some of his watches are fakes. "If anyone asks, I'll tell them my watches are replicas," he said.

But not all buyers of counterfeits are like him.

Some second-hand watch dealers here say that each month, they encounter between one and five customers who try and pass off counterfeit watches as the real deal.

"Usually they start off by telling you their watch was a gift from their father or grandfather. And that's when alarm bells will start ringing," said Mr Alvin Lye, who runs watch dealer Monster Time.

He added that in some cases, sellers might get the watch as a gift, thinking it is the real thing, only to find out it was a cheap fake when they try and sell it. To protect themselves, dealers here are taking no chances.

"Nowadays, if the watch doesn't come with a box or guarantee card, I'm more wary," said Mr Alfred Png of Png Watch Dealer.

But even that was no guarantee - some fake watches these days also come with boxes and guarantee cards, he added.

The Singapore Clock and Watch Trade Association (SCWTA) said that since watches started getting sold online, it has been increasingly difficult to police the situation.

"Some of these sellers are not selling cheap, too, it's a form of cheating. (Sometimes) buyers also unknowingly buy counterfeits," said Mr William Leong, SCWTA's vice-president.

He added that previously, buyers had to travel outside of Singapore to get good-quality counterfeits, but the Internet has made the situation a "free-for-all".

Danson Cheong

A version of this article appeared in the print edition of The Sunday Times on July 19, 2015, with the headline 'He spent $2,000 on 7 replicas'. Print Edition | Subscribe
Btw my rich friend told me before her very rich father always wears counterfeit branded shirts because he is rich and nobody will guess he is wearing counterfeit. So wearing counterfeit is ok as long as you are rich.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
This forum looks like a breeding ground for bottom feeders who obtain happiness in lowering the quality of living as much as they can.

Why go buffet? Can just eat $3 chicken rice ma!

Why take bus? Just walk 1 hour can also reach ma!

Why eat 3 times a day? Man can survive without food for a few days ma!

Why send kids to tuition? If fail, just go out and work ma!

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
As Sam has famously said, the watch you wear is an extension of your personality. The function is not limited to telling the time. You can even treat is as a piece of jewellery, and by extension, a status symbol.

If you are already a Li Ka Shing, you don't need a "symbol" to symbolize your status. You are the status symbol, and a lesser watch brand will love to ride on your existing status symbol to enhance it's brand image. If you are a celebrity, the watch brand will even pay you to wear their watches so that your status symbol can somehow rub onto their brand by association.

By and large, consumers are doing it the reverse way. They want the status symbol of the brand to rub onto them by association, which is why they are prepared to pay the price of gold for the quality of stainless steel.

In short, if you have status like Li Ka Shing or Steve Jobs, you don't need a symbol. For commoners, you have to pay to buy yourself a status symbol.