• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hai Kee Teochew Char Kuay Teow is Delicious!

Spiky

Alfrescian
Loyal
before gouging on any stir fry food in sg, what i need to know are: does sg import cooking oil from china? if yes, are these cooking oil products used by local food vendors? if yes, do they taste like gutter oil so much so that they make the char kway teow taste different but shiok?

Hi eatshitndie,

China imports cooking oil from Malaysia and Indonesia (basically vegetable origin: palm oil). The recycled (gutter) cooking oil in China that we read about is sold back to users in China.

So, nothing to worry about unless you chiong China frequently.

The think to worry is the generous amount of lard that is being used. It is only an issue for those who have heart problems.

A good char kuay teow stall that doesn't use lard but vegetable oil is at a hawker centre at Beach Road. It is the hawker centre where they sell
army accessories upstairs. I think it is on the 1st floor (not basement).

Pioneer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Penang Char Kuay Teow is delicious!

5400732060_d71d1209a9_z.jpg

2915233413_55a2a3bf4f_z.jpg

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A good thai pad thai is hard to find, some put too much fish sauce that it taste very fishy... some put too much lime...

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Understand that Fatty CKT from Lavender Road is now relocated to Hong Lim Park. This stall's cooking is quite different from the rest, not oily but with something added on top to make it somewhat wet.

tenggiri

Alfrescian
Loyal
No way is Pad Thai similar to CKT (quote middaydog). No hum and bak-pok for a start! My current favourite CKT is in the kopi-tiam at blk 132 along jln bukit merah.