• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

12 Best Braised DUCK RICE In Singapore, For Tender Duck And Flavourful Rice

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I still think of the old S Buona Vista Duck Rice place that is long gone. Sigh. Fond memories.
that was lim seng lee duck lice. now, the bro in law takes over and renamed it south buona asta la vista famous teochew boneless braised duck lice - a mouthful. and he's a fan of sam leong, probably posting here too. the duck slices are moist and ok, but the sauce is a little different. a little too sweet, and i believe the star anise flavor is too dominating. probably too much ngoh hiang spice mix is added to the gravy. the unker needs to fine-tune and get the gravy right.
1597597052794.png

Reactions: jw5

knowwhatyouwantinlife

Alfrescian
Loyal
South buona vista (best and most unique chilli) and clementi ave 5 (no yam rice but duck falls off bone) one... the rest are mediocre I just had the whampoa one for lunch 2 hrs ago...meh

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bukit Batok block 168 Coffeeshop tua oh kee duck rice is also very good. People usually call him uncle Kong or lau chek

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
that was lim seng lee duck lice. now, the bro in law takes over and renamed it south buona asta la vista famous teochew boneless braised duck lice - a mouthful. and he's a fan of sam leong, probably posting here too. the duck slices are moist and ok, but the sauce is a little different. a little too sweet, and i believe the star anise flavor is too dominating. probably too much ngoh hiang spice mix is added to the gravy. the unker needs to fine-tune and get the gravy right.
View attachment 88838

I just passed by Sam Leong Rd kopitiam. The stall is gone. A sign for rental is up.

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
IMG20210124172615-03-05.jpg

Helmed by a certain Mr Ong, three-decade-old Cheok Kee Braised Duck (祝记卤鸭) started out at Old Airport Road circa 1990, subsequently relocating to Jalan Eunos before plonking down in Geylang Bahru Food Centre hitherto. These days his better half assists alongside too, 'tirelessly' accepting orders and cleaning up afterward - always with perpetual scowl grafted onto face though.

Open daily from 11.45am-6pm, Cheok Kee touts rather boilerplate fare: duck rice, duck porridge, assorted giblets, half/whole lor ark. Yet local media and food bloggers alike have lavished extravagant praise ad interim, as evinced by photographs of who's who profusely adorning its stall front. Well then, can they really be taken at their word? We shall know soon enough.

More at https://www.thefooddossier.com/2021/01/cheok-kee-braised-duck.html