• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

George Yeo & Jack Neo Blogkaki

jw5

Loyal
GY appears to be morally very tolerant of "adult" issues like gambling and sex. If you hear anythig about MM Lee's reaction, do post it up. Very curious as to what MM thinks of all this.
I'm not curious about his opinion at all.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Similiarity with the NKF saga ?

When Duria's nonsense broke while in court fighting SPH, HC and Peanut woman came out in 'support' of Duria. Thereafter all hell broke loose.

Now Jack Neo's saga broke in first few days with onkly 1 3rd-part, GY came out in support of him. Now Neo may even beat Woods in terms of 'conquers'.

MIW/WIW never failed to shoot their own toes given half a chance.

mercbenz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jack Neo should just come clean the moment he called George Yeo and say, "George, I am one super big chee hong...."

Maybe GY wud've shut up and kept his distance.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
It just hit me after reading yr post that there is a corollary lesson that can be learnt from organising the Opp to contest in adjacent constituencies. As you have said, since the same Opp party has contested in all 3 adjoining constituencies and won respectable margins, it would be difficult if not impossible for the PAP to continue to gerrymandeer away the support of Opp votes of one constit from the other 2 adjoining constituencies as they can begin to reinforce one another.

Both the PAP and WP teams for Aljunied are lacking a serious Chinese speaking vote puller, unless Low Thia Khiang joins the WP team. If that happens, LTK would surely take on the Kovan division adjacent to Hougang. Cynthia Phua would be first to be shaken. She couldn't even handle Goh Meng Seng well when GMS was first time candidate in GE 2006. How to handle a 4-term incumbent coming in from next door?

Above 60% for WP is realistic expectation in that division in this case (just the division, not whole GRC). For PAP to retain Aljunied then, the other 4 divisions must also return at least 60% in favour of PAP to average down WP votes GRC wide. This target hangs on balance and in question, considering that there's still Sylvia Lim's votebank in Serangoon Gardens and spillover effects from Hougang.

If PAP could field an unstained (but now stained, let's say if forgiven) 梁智强 to counter 刘程强, the Chinese heartland votes would certainly sway their way, making them safer. No matter how popular is LTK in the Hougang-Kovan area or how good his Chinese is, JN is certainly more popular in Chinese heartlands (anywhere nationwide) and with better Chinese.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It just hit me after reading yr post that there is a corollary lesson that can be learnt from organising the Opp to contest in adjacent constituencies. As you have said, since the same Opp party has contested in all 3 adjoining constituencies and won respectable margins, it would be difficult if not impossible for the PAP to continue to gerrymandeer away the support of Opp votes of one constit from the other 2 adjoining constituencies as they can begin to reinforce one another.

Good observation. Not much room for gerrymandering now. Aljunied surrounding Hougang has returned some 44% to WP even without LTK in it. The neighboring AMK has returned some 34% to WP even with LHL in it for PAP. These two straddle most of the old Cheng San that returned some 46% to WP before it was dismantled. How to gerrymander somemore? Even LHL himself is at risk of further embarrassment.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
All I can say for George Yeo is he is a bad judge for Character, as our FM, We expect a smarter, sharper person.

Similiarity with the NKF saga ?

When Duria's nonsense broke while in court fighting SPH, HC and Peanut woman came out in 'support' of Duria. Thereafter all hell broke loose.

Now Jack Neo's saga broke in first few days with onkly 1 3rd-part, GY came out in support of him. Now Neo may even beat Woods in terms of 'conquers'.

MIW/WIW never failed to shoot their own toes given half a chance.

sgczar

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had been failing my mathematic subject since nursery. Please assist to check if it has improved since :

Jack Neo = adultery
George Yeo support Jack Neo
PAP = George Yeo

Therefore PAP = support adultery

Passed ?

Something wrong there leh.. Should be:

Jack Neo > Adultery
George Yeo support Jack Neo
PAP support George Yeo therefore
PAP support Adultery..

Chau Ve Nist

Alfrescian
Loyal
More blatant hypocrisy from George Yeo Yong Boon and his merry men....

"So it was good to hear the voice of Singapore's moral majority ringing loud and clear in Parliament last week against the growing sexual permissiveness here, with PAP backbenchers playing Mrs Mary Whitehouse, Britain's one-woman champion of high moral standards.

Perhaps their views will put some spine into people like me who feel uneasy about the routes some friends are taking to personal fulfilment and happiness and yet refrain from voicing our feelings for fear of being condemned fuddy-duddy.

Like BG (Res) George Yeo, the Minister for Information and the Arts, the MPs conceded that Singapore is not "a Victorian society" but one that is "utterly ventilated".

Nevertheless, like him, they believe Singapore must maintain its moral standards and defend the respectable, so that it can be "a society which keeps up with changes in the world without compromising on the wholesome quality of civic life".

Said Mr Peh Chin Hua (Jalan Besar GRC): "We have to strike a balance between the conservative attitude of the East and the liberal thinking of the West towards sex."

Mr Ho Peng Kee (Sembawang GRC) worried that Singapore's "traditional values are in danger of being challenged (which) if left unchecked, Singaporeans may become...less conservative in sexual behaviour in the Next Lap".

As for Mrs Yu-Foo Yee Shoon (Yuhua), she asked rhetorically: "Do we want to develop into a situation where because of sympathy, self-centredness and convenience we abandon our Eastern and oriental tradition about marriage?"..."
"Wanted : more voices with good conscience" 147th Prostitute Press 22 March 1992

Full Article...

Wanted : more voices with good conscience
Tan Sai Siong
147th Prostitute Press 22 March 1992

WHAT do you say if a close friend who is married tells you that he or she has fallen out of love with his or her spouse and is in love with another?

What do you do if a close woman friend tells you she intends to be an unmarried mother?

It has been drummed into me since my university days in Britain in the 1960s
that one must not be judgmental about anything as personal as love, or sex, that I would not be anything but sympathetic and encouraging.

I have enough friends whose marriages have soured because of a third party t o have grown blase about such triangles whenever another friend's marriage bites the dust.

What I am trying to drive at is that by the 1970s and 1980s, extramarital affairs, divorces and re-marriages had already become more widespread in Singapore and were no longer the unspeakable scandals that they were once in my parents' days.

However, I have yet to have one close woman friend choose gamely to be a single mother, perhaps because having a child out of wedlock is still not a preferred option, flower children though most of us had been in the 1960s.

But do not believe for a moment that the push for wider frontiers beyond what is acceptable conventionally and morally is not there.

And I do not mean only what was reflected in the recent Straits Times articl e highlighting a few Singapore women who became unmarried mothers voluntarily.

I have a male friend who confided in me his longing to father and bring up a
child without the hassle of courtship and marrying a woman. At 40, he said he did not want to waste time achieving fatherhood.

When he told the same story to another woman friend, she turned to him and replied wistfully: "Oh, ..., if I did not know you so well, I would have thought you were proposing."

Well, our mutual friend was proposing, in his fashion, but of a brave new world which, because I lack clear-cut certainty and conviction about the sanctity of marriage, home and family, I cannot pronounce as utterly, reprehensibly wrong.

Sure, I am conventional enough to find the idea of deliberate single parenthood a bit, um, unconventional.

But I prefer to chastise such parents for being financially imprudent becaus e bringing up a child is an expensive enough affair even when you are a couple on double-income, so when that support is halved, the burden must double.

I cannot bring myself to say that they are wrong. To do so would be to deny some of the widely-accepted fundamentals of my generation which make today's society so much more tolerant of private idiosyncrasies and the individual's right to happiness.

Thank goodness the days of King Edward and Mrs Wallis Simpson are long gone but in the accelerating liberalism of the 1990s - which make the swinging 60s look staid by contrast - I ask whether the pendulum could possibly have gone a bit far.

So it was good to hear the voice of Singapore's moral majority ringing loud and clear in Parliament last week against the growing sexual permissiveness here, with PAP backbenchers playing Mrs Mary Whitehouse, Britain's one-woman champion of high moral standards.

Perhaps their views will put some spine into people like me who feel uneasy about the routes some friends are taking to personal fulfilment and happiness and yet refrain from voicing our feelings for fear of being condemned fuddy-duddy.

Like BG (Res)George Yeo, the Minister for Information and the Arts, the MPs conceded that Singapore is not "a Victorian society" but one that is "utterly ventilated".

Nevertheless, like him, they believe Singapore must maintain its moral standards and defend the respectable, so that it can be "a society which keeps up with changes in the world without compromising on the wholesome quality of civic life".

Said Mr Peh Chin Hua (Jalan Besar GRC): "We have to strike a balance between the conservative attitude of the East and the liberal thinking of the West towards sex."

Mr Ho Peng Kee (Sembawang GRC) worried that Singapore's "traditional values are in danger of being challenged (which) if left unchecked, Singaporeans may become...less conservative in sexual behaviour in the Next Lap".

As for Mrs Yu-Foo Yee Shoon (Yuhua), she asked rhetorically: "Do we want to develop into a situation where because of sympathy, self-centredness and convenience we abandon our Eastern and oriental tradition about marriage?"

The operative word - and herein lies the dilemma in a society like Singapore , striving to become more compassionate and more forgiving of failures - is "sympathy".

I ask: Have Singaporeans in their rush to be sympathetic - note the trend towards no-fault non-acrimonious divorces - abdicated their duty to judge right from wrong?

Has a more civilised community with a growing ability to see the other's point of view blinded some of us to values and vices so that they become neither good nor bad, except when thinking makes them so?

More voices with good conscience, whether from Parliament or leaders and teachers outside with good moral authority, are needed to re-define the boundaries of good moral values but which will not repress - unlike the days of old - an individual's right to personal happiness. Let me hear them.

Chau Ve Nist

Alfrescian
Loyal
More from George Yeo Yong Boon...

Sex and morality : S'pore 'can't be a Victorian society'
147th Prostitute Press 18 March 1992

BUDGET '92 - Day 7

Debate on Ministry of Information and the Arts budget -----------------------------------------------------

THE Government's approach to protecting Singapore's moral values had to be practical and balanced, Information and the Arts Minister George Yeo said. It had to bear in mind Singapore's openness to the world.

But other individuals and groups were free to try to take the moral high ground, he added. Singapore should be "a society where it is safe to bring up children, a society which keeps up with changes in the world, without compromising on the wholesome quality of civic life". He was replying to Mr Ho Peng Kee, who voiced alarm at magazine articles which treated sex in a frivolous manner.

Mr Ho (Sembawang GRC) complimented The Straits Times for not flowing with this tide. But he objected to the recent Life! feature, Single and a Parent, as it left the impression that single motherhood was socially acceptable, he said.

Brigadier-General (Res) Yeo said that the Government would draw the outer limits of social acceptability, such as the R(A) film classification. "But within these limits, it is up to different groups to exert influence, to take the moral high ground."

He said that it was difficult for the Government to tell people which films to see, but parents, teachers and religious and community leaders could do so.

He added: "It is right that, as a society, we are continuously vexed by concerns about moral standards. The moment we show no concern, that is the surest sign of decline."

But, he stressed, Singapore was not and could not be a Victorian society. Visitors entering, Singaporeans travelling, and new technology such as satellite broadcasting and optical disks meant that Singapore was "utterly ventilated".

"Leakages" into the society were inevitable, but should not become blatant. They should not be sold in the shops or promoted in schools or in the "establishment media": The Straits Times, Lianhe Zaobao, Berita Harian, Tamil Murasu and television stations.

"They defend what is respectable. That in any society there is the seedier, seamier side, I think that can never be fully solved. It's like prostitution. You can control prostitution, you can't stop it."

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm afraid you're putting false hopes on low thia khiang. He's more likely to hide in hougang rather than lose his seat and mp allowance by contesting a grc.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm afraid you're putting false hopes on low thia khiang. He's more likely to hide in hougang rather than lose his seat and mp allowance by contesting a grc.

It looks a 50:50 question, as the bard put it, to be or ot to be. PAP will be banking on Malay votes again and LTK is well aware and weary of that.

The official population ratio as published is roughly Chinese 75%, Malay 20%, Indian and others 5%. What it doesn't say is that all Malays are citizens and voters; roughly between one quarter to one-third of Chinese are PRs or other classes of foreign residents who can't vote.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You did something indiscreet and you wanted to involve so many people!!!

This is damaned bohliao!!!

Damned sickening!!!

Fuck and just forget lah....why all the drama and all the tears and all the angst!!!

Made me damned sick of the man!!!

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe Jackass never tell the whole truth to GY and his pastor that he try his hand on 11 girls and the younger one was just 16.
And I believe both GY and his pastor feel damn fucking stupid and lousy to get himself involved in this sex scandal now, How brainless of the high pay idiot elite.
On the contrary, I am just trying to disconnect the political connections. People start to speculate whether Jack is supposed to stand in Aljunied or such, that's why he called George. But now I see it that they are just friends.

Well, unfortunately for both of them, they are public figures. If they are not, nobody really bothers anyway. Or if Jack, as George's friend, is not a public figure, who cares?

Goh Meng Seng