• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GE2020 - Be Prepared for a Surprise

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There were at least 2 telephone polls before this GE. And they have always been a reliable forecast of the result.

Think about it. There's a reason why Pap is giving 12 Ncmp seats with voting rights this time.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yeah but what percentage of votes does this young group take up?

Not enough votes.

Still majority older age groups
For sure... but the % will continue to increase as all the old farts die off. The true hope lies in the passing away of the old farts.

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
Years back , i stay beside primary n secondary school n you know wat i have to draw ballots with fireigners n PRs to secure s plsce for my kids.Funny oart is i stay i my flat for 20 yrs plus n i need to do bslloting with them CB kia, n worse part is foreigners n PRs purposely rent a unit near school so they entitle to ballot, CB.And lagi worse us u c chinese endorsing documents in tamil n other foreign writing submit by all these CB Kia.Who u think i will vote ? sinkies better wake up.I really hope i stay as PR or foreigner in sg , hv the best of both worlds esp jhk

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ride sharing Uber has change the world and they are created by the young generations.

Taxi generation is dead and ride sharing Uber is here to stay and surprising become better... so why not power sharing in parliament..

Time for Uber the parliament power sharing is the way to better Singapore to move into power sharing politic....

Like my relatives in Bedok. Have two slaves sharing and serving them. :biggrin:

kaninabuchaojibye

Alfrescian
Loyal
So... there is widespread believe the PAP will have a resounding victory with increased popular vote. Maybe. Maybe not. For all you old farts who have kids in their 20s, you might very well understand this new generation of voters are quite different from their brain washed parents, the majority of whom benefit from some form of property bubble. The new generation is feeling the pinch. Jobs do not come as easily compared to their parents era. Properties are beyond reach. These young folks don’t give a fuck on the bombastic credentials of PAP candidates. They stick with simple logic of democracy and accountability. I am counting on them to give PAP a black eye.
i don't think so though i want it to be so

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
The baby boomers need guts and give their children chance for a change.

Nothing to lose if they vote oppo, in fact chances of getting CPF back in cash is higher and CV19 is time to have cash in hands and inundated number of lockdown anytime can happen. Only yr cash in hand CPF money is the only option to save old fart baby boomers.

Yeah but what percentage of votes does this young group take up?

Not enough votes.

Still majority older age groups

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
The new citizens will ensure that the PAP has a clean sweep. GE 2015 showed just how potent a vote bank that they are.
It will take at least 20 years before there is any kind of credible threat to the PAP.

aerobwala

Alfrescian
Loyal
Opposition should hit hard on this part, kids are competing bright kids airborne from overseas, new born from foreign talent.

Years back , i stay beside primary n secondary school n you know wat i have to draw ballots with fireigners n PRs to secure s plsce for my kids.Funny oart is i stay i my flat for 20 yrs plus n i need to do bslloting with them CB kia, n worse part is foreigners n PRs purposely rent a unit near school so they entitle to ballot, CB.And lagi worse us u c chinese endorsing documents in tamil n other foreign writing submit by all these CB Kia.Who u think i will vote ? sinkies better wake up.I really hope i stay as PR or foreigner in sg , hv the best of both worlds esp jhk

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Errr.... PR definitely ranks in later bucket after Sinkies... this argument does not stand

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The new citizens will ensure that the PAP has a clean sweep. GE 2015 showed just how potent a vote bank that they are.
It will take at least 20 years before there is any kind of credible threat to the PAP.
20 years sounds about right... and ripe

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yeah but they pass away guess who inherits the property and assets?
Don’t be so pessimistic. Rest assured the rich kids with inheritance are the same bunch with enough worldly exposure to vote against PAP. They will inherit the assets and fuck the govt. Then there are the majority who inherit their parents HDB with 50 years lease remaining and understood the PAP asset enhancement does not apply to them.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
By then PAP will use the HDB lease extension carrot to force Singaporeans to choose between losing all value in their flats/parent's flat or voting opposition.
True it’s always at their disposal but what I learnt is these young Turks don’t like to be threatened or held hostage

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
By then PAP will use the HDB lease extension carrot to force Singaporeans to choose between losing all value in their flats/parent's flat or voting opposition.
You are such a talent. If PAP sees this they would want to invite you for tea party immediately

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Don’t be so pessimistic. Rest assured the rich kids with inheritance are the same bunch with enough worldly exposure to vote against PAP. They will inherit the assets and fuck the govt. Then there are the majority who inherit their parents HDB with 50 years lease remaining and understood the PAP asset enhancement does not apply to them.

Rich kids vote PAP.

My cohort RI boys RJC many SAF scholars like Lee Jek Suen. His wife is Gan Siow Huang! I didnt know that.

But I do know most of my cohort are all PAP supporters.

Majority of my medical school class are also PAP supporters.

My in laws are all PAP supporters except my father in law. My brother in law is big time insurance salesman in MDRT. Also PAP supporters.

My own family only my parents and my sisters are opposition supporters like myself. The rest of the extended family? All PAP supporters.

No man. The strong PAP support is very very real sir. Only here in SBF we have this idea we are among more opposition supporters. But it is not the real world.

knowwhatyouwantinlife

Alfrescian
Loyal
The current and correct term is the wok generation...this is not usa there are not enough woks in sg to really make a difference...for sg the votes for incumbent still mainly come from mg pg and lastly women...probably enough woks to swing the total votes by a percent or 2 but definitely not enough to swing a grc or smc