• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Games we used to play....

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Best is that 15 year old student recently in the news. He played sex games with his teacher. That one really shiok.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bang, those nuisance tapes !!! cut and paste...cut and join back...real fun....cut and censor....those were fun times!!!

Yes! Agree on tat. Though not as high tech like nowadays. But hey, tats how we appreciate them those days ya.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Best is that 15 year old student recently in the news. He played sex games with his teacher. That one really shiok.
Hanor, too bad when i was 15, we were Like kachang putehs ! :o ..now many 15 yo guys can even go for AV auditions Liao... :wink:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And play Samurai, based on the black and white TV series, by putting the wastepaper basket over the head?? :p

And yes, kids from the same HDB block will cramp in that "rich man's house"... to watch TV.

Those were the days my friend...

Oh yes. Rem we collected those bottle caps. Flattened the caps and cut around it and became ninja stars! N rarely do i miss the show "Samurai" on Msia channel.

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
bang, those nuisance tapes !!! cut and paste...cut and join back...real fun....cut and censor....those were fun times!!!

I remember there was one record shop, can't remember the name of it now but if you gave them your list of songs they will record for you to cassette tapes, always TDK back in those days. Anyone remember this?

Kopiuncle i just read your next post, yes i think it was Kwong Sia who did that, thanks! :smile:

Last edited:

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh yes. Rem we collected those bottle caps. Flattened the caps and cut around it and became ninja stars! N rarely do i miss the show "Samurai" on Msia channel.

Yes we did that too & watched Ultraman on TV as well as Looney Tunes around 6pm, black & white TV, anyone remember Felix the Cat, proper black & white cartoon & the other one with 2 black birds or crows? forgot the names.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes we did that too & watched Ultraman on TV as well as Looney Tunes around 6pm, black & white TV, anyone remember Felix the Cat, proper black & white cartoon & the other one with 2 black birds or crows? forgot the names.

I remember those cartoons, Felix the cat, the wonderful wonderful cat.
I recall that in our neighbourhood, about ten families would crowd into the living room of the richer family with the TV.

Surprisingly, my wife who was born in Europe, also watched cartoons similar me (in my childhood days in SG), and there was Zorro, Combat (Cpl Kirby, Sgt Saunders and Lta ?? - starring Rick or Vic Morrow, and ??)

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Surprisingly, my wife who was born in Europe, also watched cartoons similar me (in my childhood days in SG), and there was Zorro, Combat (Cpl Kirby, Sgt Saunders and Lta ?? - starring Rick or Vic Morrow, and ??)

Combat was in the late 60s. Strangely, Rick JASON came to my mind almost immediately. Can my memory be that fantastic? That is, if I got the right answer. More than 4 decades already.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Combat was in the late 60s. Strangely, Rick JASON came to my mind almost immediately. Can my memory be that fantastic? That is, if I got the right answer. More than 4 decades already.

Brother GoldenDragon, that is correct, Rick Jason. You must have had a good sleep to remember Rick Jason.

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal

it's interesting you remembered Rick Jason, for me the first name to come to mind was Vic Morrow, the tommygun on the hip action sargeant!

if you guys remember Combat then you should also remember BONANZA, GUNSMOKE & RIFLEMAN!! i don't know what the girls use to watch but all the boys/guys would sit in front of the TV watching these shows with their broomsticks, feather duster or anything they can grab to pretend it was their toy gun! :biggrin: those were such innocent times!

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There was the Malay show "Pak Awang Temberang" and cartoons like "Here Comes The Grump" and Woody Woodpecker, Wong Sa and Ya Fong.

Films of Wang Yu in One Armed Swordman, Golden Swallow and Peter Cheng Ho and Lo Lieh, David Chiang, Nora Miao, etc...at Bright Cinema.

For the Tamil film fans there was MGR, Sivaji and Gemini Ganesan. Shammi Kapoor and Dev Anand. All this shown in open-air Peking Cinema, Lorong Bakar Batu.

Finally, I will always remember the friend of Huckleberry Hound crooning, "O My Darling".

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it's interesting you remembered Rick Jason, for me the first name to come to mind was Vic Morrow, the tommygun on the hip action sargeant!

Bro, I have no problem remembering the name Vic Morrow. But just cannot explain how and why "Jason' came to mind immediately upon reading post 68.

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, I have no problem remembering the name Vic Morrow. But just cannot explain how and why "Jason' came to mind immediately upon reading post 68.

A normal brain works in a logical manner by compartmentalising data/information into long term & short term memory, a seemingly mundane event like what you makaned 2 nights ago are not important or significant, so your brain makes little or no effort in trying to remember it & puts it into short term memory. If tasked with trying to remember it, it will use a method of memory recall by process of elimination & connections, eg. did i have curry? no becos i don't eat curry in the evenings, did i have bak kut teh? no becos it's too garlicky & might scare away the ladies when i go HFJs, oh now that you mention HFJs there's this really good dumpling place.. that's it, next door to the dumplings was the bak chor mee, that's what i had for dinner 2 nights ago.

When your brain suddenly pops up the Rick Jason name, i believe it's becos you found it interesting that in Combat, there's an actor with 2 forenames for a full name or maybe you have friends called Rick & Jason & you're making that interesting connection to the TV show Combat. It has since remained in long term memory waiting for the recall trigger in this case, when Charlie99 mentioned Combat & that triggers the connection to Rick Jason. :smile:

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remember those cartoons, Felix the cat, the wonderful wonderful cat.
I recall that in our neighbourhood, about ten families would crowd into the living room of the richer family with the TV.

Good tv series of yesteryear, Desert Rat ( Rat Patrol), Time Tunnel, Voyage to the bottom of the sea.:smile:

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes did play marbles back then recess time..

Then there was also the game of rounders..

We play catching live rat in guni sack, pour spirit on them and let it burn, you can see the rat run with it whole body on fire, usaully we can get about 8 to 10 rats per night from the lonkang:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did you go further by stringing sharp caps to fight with yiour adversary? Kinda dangerous, think of mishaps could do to your face/eyes:eek:

Bro, those days kampong houses. Juz outside the main door, our wall made of planks (wood). We drew circle (target) on the planks and we challenge each other by aiming and throwing the ninja stars at the target. We dont throw at each other lah. It will be disastrous!

As for hantam bola, like wat Jah mentioned, we dont gave chance. Kawan baik pun hantam juga in the name of sports. Really aim at the most critical (part)! Hehehe....

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We play catching live rat in guni sack, pour spirit on them and let it burn, you can see the rat run with it whole body on fire, usaully we can get about 8 to 10 rats per night from the lonkang:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

He..He..He.. You're also doin a community service at the same time by eradicating these rats.. No wonder the rat population decreased heavily back then..:biggrin:

Rats population on the rise now in most HDB estates.. You guys should do it again.. :biggrin: :p :biggrin: